CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read "BREAKING NEWS" will be announced at presser...PIO being briefed (per twitter)

Praying!

My understanding is that this was not planned and there is real news. Prayers everyone. Where is the story of the dog tracing the backpack from? I haven't seen that.

Good point. I only say it is unlikely if it happened on a weekend. If the backpack was left there on the Friday (day JR went missing), then perhaps it *was* picked up by a school student and later brought back - but that doesn't explain why it was only discovered on the Sunday, unless the student kept it at their house for a day or two - but surely the dog would have traced it to another location.

It may be possible that a local child/youth discovered the backpack on the weekend while heading to the school to play sport, which may explain why the backpack was not discovered until the Sunday.

Bottom line is, I can't explain it, but am hoping sleuths better than me might be able to work out a likely explanation. It just seems unlikely any abductor would walk the backpack between the school and the final location - hence it seems likely someone else had found it, moved it, and possibly returned it. Regardless, it sounds like that person has not come forward...

IMO it was a deliberate ploy by the perp to get the focus off JRs immediate neighbourhood.

the way the dogs could only track it to the school and back tells me that the perp wanted the backpack to be found but also wanted to make sure that it couldn't be tracked to anywhere else.

ie to throw LE off the real trail.

Finding Jessica's backpack like this reminds me of when Morgan Harrington's t-shirt was found in a highly traveled, student-populated area near UVA (where Morgan had been at a concert) in November after Morgan went missing that October. Morgan's body was found quite a bit away from campus at Archer Farms the following January. Was the shirt a distraction a month into her disappearance? Had it been there but somehow been over-looked even though many students walked by the place it was found daily and there was a 21-unit apartment building nearby?

Similar story with Sierra Lamar. Purse found a few days after she disappeared. But still no Sierra near the purse (or found anywhere yet).

Can we say! pervert! just askin!

Good point. I only say it is unlikely if it happened on a weekend. If the backpack was left there on the Friday (day JR went missing), then perhaps it *was* picked up by a school student and later brought back - but that doesn't explain why it was only discovered on the Sunday, unless the student kept it at their house for a day or two - but surely the dog would have traced it to another location.

It may be possible that a local child/youth discovered the backpack on the weekend while heading to the school to play sport, which may explain why the backpack was not discovered until the Sunday.

Bottom line is, I can't explain it, but am hoping sleuths better than me might be able to work out a likely explanation.

With little information, all we can do is speculate. One theory is not any better than the other.

IMO if this is a "professional" sex offender, there is no way he would be playing catch me if you can with LE and leaving his DNA behind. He would grab the child and get out of dodge. He's not interested in the bag.

If, however, the perp is someone known to the child and is a first time offender, I can see how they would stupidly do something like this.

:moo:

I am not so sure a POI would be a great thing, unless Jessica was with him.

Wil someone transcribe the presser? Putting little ones to bed so don't want the sound on. Thanks!

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
BREAKING NEWS: PIOs now being briefed. There will be a press briefing at 7:30 at Westy PD. #jessicaridgeway

PIO is the public information officer, not a person of interest. Still, for the parent to be cleared completely leads me to believe they have a strong lead on someone else.

I think this is not going to be good news. I hope I'm wrong....

:please:

Tweet says POI = Person of interest!!!!

I pray this is good news

Tweet says PIO not POI.

FWIW....the officer who held the pc earlier was asked by a reporter if other family members were ruled out and he said he didn't have the answer to that question and would go to a briefing and would update the press later.

I think this is just a follow up to that earlier presser. That said, I hope they do have some breaking news and praying it's good news that Jessica is found safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChampagneGrams