CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we be asking ourselves, "Why?" Who would think to ask for a photo of the command centre? Anyone here been having a burning desire to see it? (bear in mind they will be hiding anything worth seeing)

There is something behind this 'showing the command centre'. They had a reason to announce it and a reason to show it.

I really don't get this. This just seemed out of left field. If a reporter wanted a photo they could ask for that any time, even by phone. Anyone have an idea?

No. I want him caught. I don't want to worry about him in a month or a year or 5 years. I don't want to wonder that if we buy a new house, he's next door.

My baby is sleeping in my bed tonight. :(

I just said the same thing. It is impossible to continue on with life even near normal, if you live near this area, and you have kids. I want him caught NOW.

N-O-W!

You are loved, precious Jessica. I know you are dancing and giggling up in Heaven right now. I pray that your beloved family can feel and know that reality. <3

I cannot convey how heartbroken I am for Jessica's mother. I understand her father also is taking this very hard. But she lived with Mom, so Mom got to see her every day, hence the bond must have been strong. I cannot even put into words how sad I feel for them. I know there is nothing we can do, but such a helpless feeling. :(

I was also thinking about her mother and how she was working night shift and raising her daughter alone. It's tough going. I imagine she is probably feeling so guilty for leaving her phone where it wouldn't disturb her so she could get some much-needed sleep; I doubt it can be put into words. My heart really breaks for her.

I really don't get this. This just seemed out of left field. If a reporter wanted a photo they could ask for that any time, even by phone. Anyone have an idea?

Because they were there, the chief was there, and they had the opportunity to ask. It's as simple as that.

JVM has a neighbor on the phone talking to her now

They won't tell everything, because there's always nuts who want to confess for the attention.

That and I'm sure they want to make the freak sweat wondering what they may have found. I hope they did find something they can use against him. Sweat, you demon, sweat. They eyes of God are upon you, He knows what you did.

I missed the press release. Can someone update me with what was release? I take it they confirmed that the body was hers :( Did they give any info as to if the body is now complete? Did they give info about suspect?

This is what I posted at the time.
Presser:
Agency heads will not answer questions today.

It is Jessica.
Family notified.
PD prayers and thoughts to family.
No details will be given that jeapordize investigation.
Focus changed to mission of justice for Jessica.
Massive team including local state and federal personnel.
Predator at large in community.
Doing all in our power to apprehend and keep community and children safe.
Thank you for all volunteers who have done all they can to help.
Please continue to help and support - be vigilant, call in tips, report suspicious incident
people or behavior.
Thank you to the FBI.
FBI talking now: condolences to family.
Commitment to solve will not waiver.
Tremendous leadership from local pd.
Working with agencies they will continue neighborhood searches.
More than 500 homes, 1500 vehicles already searched.
Special child abduction unit working with them.
Have been reviewing all RSOs.
Many hundreds have been searching. Public be tolerant.
Analysis continues.
Look for changes in habits, behavior, schedules. Report them.
Child abduction team is regional (work in this region of US)
Dogs have been and will be used.
Phenomenal lab work. Working 24/7.
Media and public cooperate but use restraint. Don't jeapordize case. Be mindful on family.
Jeffco DA:
Condolences to family and friends.
Its a tragedy.
So impressed with the community responce and LE coming together from many jurisdictions, state and federal. wonderful job.
They are on a mission.
The most important thing now is investigating, apprehending and prosecution of the person who did this. Bringing that person to justice.
We will not be talking to you or answering questions because we want to protect case.
I know you understand.
Spokesperson:
What does a command post look like:
we are working to take pic that wouldnt hinder investigation and will post it. ASAP will be posted to twitter.
We will answer questions. Limited by case preservation.
Engage community in watching for clues, reporting.
Engage family in talking to kids.
You know your neighborhood. Report immed. anything suspicious.
How was she IDd? DNA. no further details will be given.
Have conditions of crime scene been entered into FBI system and have they hit on any other case? we havn't released those details yet. We will not share if we are using FBI VCAP system.
School system has been and continues to be involved and cooperative.
Lock out was because of # of officers in the area.
Reaction to officers who are working on this case. Was it hard?
Difficult to answer. All have family. Obviously we are looking for someone who harmed a child is hard to deal with. That is their focus and the tireless work they have done and will continue to do until perp is found.

My condolences to Jessica's family, friends and teachers. RIP poor Jessica.

To the killer: Why was it necessary to end her life? You could have let her go. Did she need to see your face? Oh yeah, she probably did IF you pulled her into your car. Did you force her into your home too? Do have your own kids too? Are you a dad, a stepdad, an uncle? Thinking about doing this again? The cops will find you because someone have already likely called the cops to inform of your odd behavior right after Jessica went missing. Are you checking the news sites? Think you can get away with it? Think again. And.... you can rot in hell. JMO

not a valid comparison imo. totally different scenarios. boulder PD wanted to arrest one if not both parents but weren't allowed to...

The comparison I was making was the cooperation, the calling in of other agencies, the reliance on the FabI, all of which was completely dysfunctional in the time of JBR. If they had acted like adults back then, responsible, open minded professionals who rely on the expertise offered to them, maybe JBR would have seen justice. We will never know.

When he's caught and name put out there, I'm only using initials. He's not a human being and doesn't deserve the recognition.

The neighbor is saying on JVM that it was only 1.5 blocks to the park. She also said the block was kid-free, only JR and a few other kids.

- If you are paranoid and feeling scared, purchase one of the GPS tracking devices and put it on your child, their backpack or on their wrist.

With people across this country strapped for cash- the cheapest way to do this is to buy a prepaid phone- even with no minutes on it- it has the ability to call 911 and track. Make sure you enable the "phone tracking" on it-or a car GPS- does not have to be the fancy one;

also online - there are free tracking programs available to put on a cell phone

JVM just "reprimanded" an expert for using the word dismembered! You go JVM!

For those asking about the photos of command center:
The police spokesperson did not say it was media who asked for the photos. He only stated that they have been asked several times what a command center was comprised of and they will take careful photo and post on police twitter.

Also watching JVM. Neighbor stated only about a block and a half to the park, and she said KIRBY Park. I think that was questioned earlier, whether it was Chelsea Park or perhaps Kirby.

I know it's crazy, but I feel him watching.

If it was a genuine question from a reporter (which I somehow doubt - he was so well rehearsed with that answer) then they may have just been prying or have a suspicion they wanted verified.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member