CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all in Colorado and especially Jessica's family, I'm so very sorry. Words can't describe how heartbroken I am for you.

I've been following the case on here, but Jessica also made the news here yesterday. Hearts are heavy all around the world today. X

JBR was murdered inside her house by one of her parents and the scene was then staged. Zero similarity to Jessica's case.

Someone probably is way ahead of me and has asked this already, but are we talking here about JonBonet Ramsey (sp?). If so, are you sure about this info? I thought no one was caught in that case? Pls advise.

I have told her about others...she chooses not to hear it. But, this has been a huge case...so I guess it's worth a try...again! She just thinks I'm paranoid...and I am...clearly for good reason!

Does she have a neighbor friend with a dog and they could walk together? Can she walk the dog in their own backyard - still some risk but not as much? Does she take a cellphone with her? Does it have the GPS others were talking about? I agree that I wouldn't have my child walk the dog (esp after dark) but if you can't get the mom to see the danger maybe you could do some of these things to lessen the danger?

I'll say it if the cops won't - I'd be aware of public parks & education employees and patrons. If it's not a neighbor who lives in the hood, it could likely be someone who frequents the rec ctr or is at or near the elem school for some reason.
Nice warm welcome to Colorado. not to be self centered, but it's just a scary thing to have happen when you first move somewhere new (with a DD).

Sorry this happened right as you moved here. It is horrifying, I agree. We moved here and JBR was murdered so I can relate to how you are feeling. I have 4 kids, one of which is a 10yo dd. I am not letting any of them out of my sight. My 10yo dd is going to a b-day party tomorrow and it's at a park. Guess which crazy mom is gonna hang out there :blushing:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/ondea...-identified-missing-jessica-ridgeway/1630725/

7:19PM EDT October 12. 2012 - Colorado authorities announced this afternoon that they had positively identified the dismembered body of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was last seen Oct. 5 heading to school.

The remains, which were found late Wednesday in the Denver suburb of Arvada, were identified through DNA.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rest peacefully baby girl. :(

Someone probably is way ahead of me and has asked this already, but are we talking here about JonBonet Ramsey (sp?). If so, are you sure about this info? I thought no one was caught in that case? Pls advise.

That is who they are talking about. There hasn't been anyone caught. It is the poster's opinion

I haven't posted in Jessica's case but have been following just behind since the beginning. I just got to the first post stating the worst and just had to make a post.

There are no words.... only tears.

RIP Princess :rose:

I just think we need to stick to the facts - using her words in quotation marks only draws more attention to them and looks sensationalist, IMO. There was no reference to NG or explanation why you used them. I was highlighting it is best to discuss the facts given by LE - their statement was that Jessica's remains were not intact.

JMO

My guess is that the perp attempted to obscure identification of Jessica ... and further hoped that she would not be found for a long time. Removing identifying features may be the reason that she was not intact.

I think that the backpack was left on the street after she had been murdered ... getting rid of the evidence.

Me three. I think there are several people who feel that way.

I started to post a couple of things, and then I thought, "No, I don't want him thinking about that."

I have done that myself. Several times.

I'm so far behind on reading (darn work!), so forgive me if this has been discussed already. I was reading again about how police won't comment on what was in Jessica's backpack. I had the horrible thought - was there a body part inside? Sick photos the perp took? Some sort of taunting note or map? I wonder if the contents hold any clues as to who did this.
I'm wearing purple and praying Jessica is safe and at peace. May justice be SWIFT AND HARSH upon the heads of anyone who harmed this innocent child.

Logically - if any of those things were in the backpack when it was found, I am pretty sure whoever found it would have called the police immediately rather than posting a message about it on the list server.

Even if the perp is a local, couldn't he have moved there recently? I'm wondering if there are any other unsolved crimes which resemble this one.

No doubt the FBI is all over every possible scenario. Just throwing it out there.

JMO

My guess is that the perp attempted to obscure identification of Jessica ... and further hoped that she would not be found for a long time. Removing identifying features may be the reason that she was not intact.

I think that the backpack was left on the street after she had been murdered ... getting rid of the evidence.

Lets pray he left dna on something with the backpack!

So very very sorry to hear this.....may God watch over this mom and dad and all her family and friends..........be safe our Colorado neighbors...and pray this evil ****** is caught and dealt with in the worst way.:banghead:

Does she have a neighbor friend with a dog and they could walk together? Can she walk the dog in their own backyard - still some risk but not as much? Does she take a cellphone with her? Does it have the GPS others were talking about? I agree that I wouldn't have my child walk the dog (esp after dark) but if you can't get the mom to see the danger maybe you could do some of these things to lessen the danger?

Great idea on the friend with the dog suggestion ( I will see if she has one). She does have a cell with GPS, I have told her to always hold it in her hand. She lives in townhouses that back up to some creepy woods...nowhere I would be walking alone after dark...and it's not a protective barking dog either...its a friendly l'il king charles spaniel.
Definitely having hard time getting my sister to see the danger.

I wish there were something I could say here, but honestly, there's nothing that will make this better.

I'll be honest: when they didn't identify the body right away, I hoped that maybe it wasn't Jessica. I thought maybe the remains were so old that they couldn't be identified right away, and even though I knew it was unlikely, I hoped that our girl was still okay somewhere.

Just sick now for that poor little girl and her family. Also, whenever something like this happens, I think of the other children in the school and community. How are parents supposed to explain to their young kids why Jessica won't be coming to school anymore?

I am sure that the information that is to come will be horrifying for adults, and I can't imagine trying to help children understand. I do hope that something positive can come of this, and that parents openly discuss what happened in a way that they feel is appropriate for their kids, because I am sure that all the kids have heard things on the news and from peers and are probably confused and scared.

RIP Jessica. I'm sorry that I don't own any purple to wear for you today. It's a much better color for you, anyway, I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustygirl1600