CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been such a sad story to follow.

My guess/theory is that the perpetrator is someone who lives close Jessica's home. Maybe not right on her street, but very close. While it could be someone with a history or a record, I tend to doubt that right now. His actions don't sound like what someone with 'experience' would do. My gut feeling is that it's somebody no one would suspect who did this impulsively, finally acting on something he's thought about doing for a while. The opportunity presented itself, and he acted. After the fact he faced the problem of disposal, and figured that he'd delay or prevent getting caught by scattering poor Jessica's body and other evidence in different places. He couldn't go too far away because his absence might be noticed if he was gone too long, but it had to be out of the neighborhood to shift the focus elsewhere. That's all just my guesswork at this point.

Has LE said how long the body had been there?

I agree with you that this person probably lives in the neighborhood - I did a google street search & noticed almost all, if not all, houses in that neighborhood have garages. Having a garage would make it easy for someone to nab her, pull into the garage, then move her body, all without attracting suspicion. I just hope LE has found something in their many searches of the neighborhood.

Even though we expected this outcome, I hate that this precious child was found deceased. I wanted her to beat the odds....

I didn't say this previously, but the first thing I thought last week when I first saw Jessica's thread was that her picture reminded me of Aliahna Lemmon. I didn't share it because I thought it was morbid that I might say Jessica reminded me of another little girl who was found dismembered.

I don't think this was a by chance encounter where Jessica just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think whomever is responsible for this knew Jessica just well enough to gain her trust.

As the mother of a 10 yr old child myself, I don't dare say what I'd do to the responsible for Jessica's murder (TOS forbids me from doing so). I do hope he is captured quickly, and I do hope Colorado is a death penalty state.

May the wheels of justice turn quickly for Jessica. Her family is in my prayers.

Here's the tweet regarding command post...

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Local, state & federal agencies working together@Command Post.Officers will be working this weekend.#jessicaridgeway pic.twitter.com/Q9mXNrb1

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

Everyone should read the book called ' the gift of fear' and give it to teens to resd also. 10 is to young to read it, but maybe explaining. If something feels bad it probably is and RUN.

Of course they're using ViCAP. For a crime this horrific they would be remiss if they didn't. I'm sure the reason they didn't confirm it was to prevent any more questions regarding whether they have found any crimes that match this one or any criminals with this particular MO.

That makes sense but the reporter asked the question and LE answered it by saying that they're unwilling to reveal if they are or are not enlisting the system. Why not say what you said, 'Of course we are, we'd be remiss not too." I find LE's methods odd sometimes.

I think the reporter had an agenda to get LE to suggest whether the perp is thought to be a local or not. Because why even ask the question unless it's political as in a suggestion that the local LE there should be utilizing the nationwide system. :waitasec:

Even though this happened in WA I keep thinking of Lindsey Baum, another 10 year old girl, she was abducted walking home from her friends house nearby a gas station. She has never been found, no suspects/POI, none of her clothes/items found, no leads that pan out, nothing at all. I think there were tons of agencies searching for her as well. It blows my mind that a "normal every day local" could just take a child, make them disappear, not arose any suspicion towards them and continue on with their life.

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

Local, state & federal agencies working together@Command Post.Officers will be working this weekend.#jessicaridgeway pic.twitter.com/Q9mXNrb1

command center pic at link

oops: OtherEyes posted already.

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

awww the signs are in purple!

I see one of them says Canvas... can anyone read any of the others???

I'm thinking maybe the suspect lived in the neighborhood of where her back pack was found.But knew someone in or around Jessica's neighborhood.

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

What a great image, thank you. The coordination and the effort is unprecedented! I wish all cases got this much effort. I also think it is wonderful that each specialized area has a sign, in purple in honor of Jessica.

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't think there would be that many people working the case if they had a suspect in mind, and were going to make an arrest very, very soon? I think they are operating like a stranger did this; and all of Colorado is under suspicion.

As soon as a hash tag hits the top 100 or so, it attracts a lot of spam. It is what it is, pay it no mind. twitter is a different universe than here, or Facebook even. no Mods. you can alert a post as spam but it really doesn't matter, they have thousands of profiles they can just move on to the next one and spam all over again. Just learn to recognize it and move on. better yet, follow all the accounts that interest you and don't just follow the hashtag.

I like it in a weird way. It reminds me of usenet when the internet was young and no one thought about child friendly because no one in their right mind would allow a child to even touch a terminal in the big building with the glowing green screen and the huge, huge computer in it's own a/c environment.

Spam wasn't a problem back then because advertisers hadn't thought of it but there was a sort of frontier feeling to the place. It sure taught a lot of people what their boundaries were and how far they could push other people to conform.

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

awww the signs are in purple!

I see one of them says Canvas... can anyone read any of the others???

I think I see one that says "Evidence"

A5DMzLhCIAAV72b.jpg

well if that isn't a big message I don't know what is! Who ever did this: they are coming for you.

I see a lot of posts praising LE...but the case hasn't been solved. Now, I know it takes time. But I have followed many cases where LE seemed to be putting tons of effort and resources into a case...and months/years later, it's still unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom