CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities at home of person of interest according to a KDVR Denver reporter on Twitter. He says a live report will be on local news at 10pm mountain time.

I think this suspect has been doing bad things for a long time, got mad that he hasn't been noticed enough so he had to do something this extreme. he prob has a record and this last case was his way to get back at LE and get some attention.
either that or something changed in his life recently (family, work) and he's out of control and can't handle it and has to act out.

These are ALL unsolved murders in Colorado of girls age 5-12:

Melanie Sturm
Melissa Bennett
Cherelle Morehouse
Sarah Skiba
JonBenet Ramsey
Tracey Neef
Baby Hope

Is this more accurate?

RidgewayOverallMap2.jpg

IDK if it is more accurate, I just wanted to thank you for the excellent maps, Otto! Thank you! Your maps are very easy to follow and much appreciated.

Well, I hope he is copying those cases, as both those killers were caught!
I keep thinking this killer might be a fan of Dexter for some reason (I haven't seen much of it, I just remember one particularly gory episode involving dismemberment).

I keep thinking about the Ice Truck Killer, too. Actually, my husband said the same thing when I told him the state of her body. :-/

Yep, that's the one I was talking about a couple pages back. His picture looks a lot like the recent sketch for alleged abductions in Westminster. Here's the link http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/11/police-not-ruling-out-possible-connection-to-attempted-abduction-suspect/

This is what I wanted to know.Thank you.These attempted abductions all happened around schools.Were they in the mornings?I do find it interesting the dogs walked to the school near where her book bag was found.I do think they need to look into this guy.I'm glad they are.

My mom taught at my school from grades 9-12, lol. She had to take rotation on coming out to the "hill" where everyone smoked and tell them to break it up:(
Embarrassing...

LOLOL! Comic relief! I needed that laugh, clu!

(Why does my computer always auto-correct your name to "flu?")

As always, I am still catching up. I think it may be intentional this time..just don't want to believe this has happened, to another one of our youth! My thoughts and prayers are with Jessica, her Mommy/Daddy, all her family and little friends. The entire community is hurting for you, that is obvious. You have moved LE and a nation to tears. We mourn the loss of your beautiful face and infectious smile.

I do not know you, but your gorgeous pictures have made me smile over the past week, and today, they make me cry so hard. This should not have happened!!! You deserved so much better. Your teen dreams should have happened! Nobody should have taken that away.. :furious:

I am so, so sorry you went through this...may you fly with the angels and dance in heaven with all the other angels, who were taken too soon.

I just put on my son's sweatshirt, bawling my eyes out..hoping his sweet scent and my blanket, will give me some comfort tonight. I can't fathom how your Mom and Dad will get any comfort any time soon. :cry:

Praying for your family and LE on this difficult day, and all the days to come.

Hoping Justice for Jessica comes very, very soon!!!

Authorities at home of person of interest according to a KDVR Denver reporter on Twitter. He says a live report will be on local news at 10pm mountain time.

I saw the same thing and hurried over here to post it... Thanks!

A person of interest would be Fabulous!!! Oh, please, let there be swift justice for Jessica, and for the community she lived in, and the community she has touched by her beautiful soul.

Hmmm....that brings me back to this guy:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-in-child-*advertiser censored*-investigation

Wonder where he is working now?

As I noticed the other day, he bears an uncanny resemblance to the "candy man" sketch

I found one that I thought looked very similar to the sketch. I'm not showing his name, because I don't want to be "witch-hunty"... but, to me, the resemblance is striking between this particular RSO and the "candyman".

(Please forgive my horrid photoshop skills... I couldn't find a larger pic of the RSO, and I couldn't find a smaller pic of the sketch!)

Attachments

• sex offender listing with drawing.jpg
    sex offender listing with drawing.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 73
In most places Monday was holiday. Was it considered a holiday weekend in that area? Family/roommates/neighbors leaving for the holiday weekend? He has a little space and time.

And the backpack, wasn't it reported somewhere it was located near a home where a child was killed or had died? That backpack in that place was put there for a reason.

I will agree, IMHO, there was planning involved. I hope they find whoever did this and do it soon.

Kelly

I hadn't really thought of that - I think schools were open, but most government jobs would have had the day off. A lot of government employees might take Friday off to make it a really long weekend. Was this a government employee of some kind? Hmmm...

I found one that I thought looked very similar to the sketch. I'm not showing his name, because I don't want to be "witch-hunty"... but, to me, the resemblance is striking between this particular RSO and the "candyman".

(Please forgive my horrid photoshop skills... I couldn't find a larger pic of the RSO, and I couldn't find a smaller pic of the sketch!)

Well, apparently we will find out pretty soon!

Wow...maybe a DNA match...I hope so. Did they say if the home was in the neighborhood?

Just saw this tweet...not sure what to think?

justinjoseph ‏@justinjoseph

I'm told authorities are only here to take DNA from man and arrest him on unrelated warrants. #jessicaridgeway

BBM- I too initially thought it would be a young teen from the neighborhood who drives. But after the news of the condition of her body, I reconsidered. I'm still not convinced dismemberment occurred, but if so; was it for purposes of transportation, preventing identification or something more nefarious I prefer not to outline?
What I last heard LE say was that the body was 'not intact'. Has anyone here heard anything more detailed? Is dismembered the same as not intact? LE did say initially that they weren't certain whose body it was. That might mean that the head was severed and possibly the face was disfigured in some way so that id was not easy to establish.

I also recall LE saying they were not going to discuss what was inside the backpack. Why would they say this? Did the perp put something in the backpack, such as a body part? The head?

Wouldn't the perp have had to use a car in this abduction? LE may have checked out all the cars in the neighborhood, but since they have no suspects, how much checking could they have done? Did they use luminal (sp?) on each car? I think not. They didn't check for fibers, dna, etc. on every car in the neighborhood. So then, what did the car checking involve?

Authorities are arresting the person of interest on unrelated warrants and taking DNA per KDVR on Twitter.

Live report in 7 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member