CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, I'm new to the WS community. Thanks for all your postings and resources.

I'm a teacher who lives 6 miles from where this is all happening. We are anxiously awaiting word from Westminster PD re: the body found in Arvada.

:welcome4:

Here you go!

Mark Boyle ‏@newsanchormark
RT @amandapalumbo: Jessica's uncle tells us the body was actually found last night but police waited to make announcement. #jessicaridgeway

It is a MSM source too! So weird.

there's a disclaimer that "rt's are not endorcements". I'm not sure how credible the retweets are

Would it have been a 20 minute wait? Jessica's mom said she left at 8:30 I believe. Where are you getting the 20 minutes from?

My understanding is that this is how long the dad said he and J waited for Jessica, before he took J to school. I don't know what time they arrived at the park to wait for her, however. I do believe he said he drove J to school around 8:40. So perhaps they were at the park by 8:20? Either way, if Jessica was waiting at J's house and she was told to wait there and dad would drive them, would she wait that long? If they were supposed to meet around 8:30, and J's dad said they might not be home and would be running a bit late from the store, would she wait till 8:40-8:45?
If she did wait, and J's dad pulled up in the car without J, would she get in?

"Hey, I went ahead and dropped J off at school...hop in and I will drive you over...."

Once again, this is a theory. Nothing more! Just showing how Jessica might know someone, feel comfortable enough to enter a car with someone...she wouldn't put up a fuss. No one would notice anything unusual.

let me point out that if WE noticed the discrepancy I am certain LE did too and if there was any reason to suspect J's dad, that the police would be watching him so closely, he'd probably not have time to go to a park and dump body parts without being noticed.

Whoever is responsible had a good eight hour headstart before Jessica was reported missing. And then even longer before serious searches of the neighborhood took place.

Hi everybody, I'm new to the WS community. Thanks for all your postings and resources.

I'm a teacher who lives 6 miles from where this is all happening. We are anxiously awaiting word from Westminster PD re: the body found in Arvada.

Welcome to Websleuths, Margarita. I'm so sorry your community is going through this right now. :(

As of now, I don't think it all that strange that J's dad didn't try to call Jessica's mom or look for her when she failed to show up.

Reasons:
1. J's dad is surely aware of what shift Jessica's mom works and that she is sleeping and will not answer.

2. Perhaps, and this is just a perhaps, this happened often. We have not been told how reliable this walk is. For all we know, she could "no show" frequently and there would be no cause to worry since it happened a lot.

3. If they waited 20 minutes and she didn't come, maybe they thought she was running late, or possibly had gone ahead and walked to school alone.

4. From experience I know that sometimes my child will suddenly remember that he has to be at school early for one reason or another and we have to high tail our routine and rush out the door. On these days, it's difficult to remember to grab the backpack much less phone a friend to say -hey I am leaving early.

Self snip

I can't find the link to the creepy video of the park where Jessica was found? Can anyone remember what the video was made for, a school project or something?

Here's the link to the video. I tried to watch it the other day, but couldn't get the whole way through it. Creepy.

Pattridge Park
from Jonathan Fulton 2 years ago
Produced as an experimental exercise for the Colorado Film School.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9246162"]Pattridge Park on Vimeo[/ame]

I am not sure I understand...can you elaborate on what you glimpsed?
And what exactly do you mean by staging? Staging by the perp? To look like what? TIA

Possibly posed. I don't think it's appropriate to be more specific than that, and I'm also not positive that's what I saw. But enough to make me think it's a possibility.

In my opinion, when Jessica Ridgeway's abductor is apprehended, he will have a long history/pattern of mental & behavioral disciplinary issues, misdemeanor arrests, and will likely be a tier 3 RSO.

What Is a Tier 3 Sexual Predator?
http://www.ehow.com/about_6507640_tier-3-sexual-predator_.html#ixzz296xtVQJ3

(snipped)
Tier 3 offenders have been convicted of the most serious of sexual offenses.

Tier III Sex Offender
A sex offender is classified as tier 3 when the crimes they commit are likened to sexual trafficking, sexual abuse, coercion or kidnapping. Tier 3 sex offenders' crimes may also involve sex with a minor, solicitation of a minor, or production or distribution of child *advertiser censored*. The crimes committed by a tier 3 sex offender are punishable by imprisonment for a year or more and are often severe, abusive and/or involve sexually abusive crimes against children less than 13 years old.

Intimacy

Many sexual predators are frightened or extremely uncomfortable with adult intimacy. For some, this stems from being abused as a child, which leads to a distorted view of sexual intimacy. That is not to say that intimacy in this case is purely sexual in nature; rather, it includes emotional intimacy such as meaningful relationships. Sexual predators often report having few close friends or confidantes

Control and Power

Many reported feeling a lack of control in their own lives due to socioeconomic or emotional factors. For sexual predators, sexual crimes are seen as a way of exerting control, resulting in pleasurable feelings of power that are less concerned with sexual gratification, and more with emotional validation.

Knowing victims

A study conducted by the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety in West Virginia reported that 88.5 percent of all studied sex offenders knew their victims prior to violating them. 48.7 percent of these victims were simple acquaintances that the sexual predators admitted to having built relationships with for the purpose of assaulting them.

(Accepting) Responsibility
The West Virginia study reported that over 36 percent of victims blamed their actions at least partially upon drugs while over half did the same with alcohol. This is evidence of an overall trend that points to the fact that sexual predators often do not take full, if any, responsibility for their actions. Often, they blame outside forces or the victim themselves.

folks: do NOT post maps of where you think the minor child in the rewind lives. That is a :nono: Also: we are not SLEUTHING family members or anyone that you heard about in this rewind that has not been named a suspect or person of interest by law enforcement.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I am so sorry. I thought it was ok to post the map since there was no address listed. I need more coffee and some tylenol.

I've been thinking of this too- but she left her pillow pet on the sidewalk (or street, can't tell which). I think she could have been snatched just that quickly. And not everyone screams- it can happen so fast, she might have just been surprised. I think there are some better expert opinions on that on WS.... anyone?

Stranger Danger means also teaching kids to scream, kick, bite, and pull hair- meaning is has to be taught- it is not actual instinct to scream and kick and yell at adults for most (all?) children.

How far away from her home was she when she was taken? And how far from her destination (Chelsea Park)?

I can't find the link to the creepy video of the park where Jessica was found? Can anyone remember what the video was made for, a school project or something?

Not sure if I can link it here...but its a Vimeo video...labeled Pattridge Park, made Feb 2010. That should help you google it & it's producers from there. hth

Whoever is responsible had a good eight hour headstart before Jessica was reported missing. And then even longer before serious searches of the neighborhood took place.

I'm willing to bet this mans house and car have been thoroughly searched.

The local police have done a stellar job with this case and I can't imagine that this fell through their cracks. If there was a reason to suspect this gentleman, they would be on him.

:DCan we sleuth imaginary people that resemble real people?

10 Oct Amanda Palumbo Amanda Palumbo ‏@PalumboKCTV5

"This is what the girl's uncle told our reporter on the phone."

Interesting...do news reporters verify who they are speaking with? Was it by phone or in person?

MOO Could it have been the perp who posed as uncle?

I am rather new at this. So just a random thought.

I'm willing to bet this mans house and car have been thoroughly searched.

The local police have done a stellar job with this case and I can't imagine that this fell through their cracks. If there was a reason to suspect this gentleman, they would be on him.

Perhaps they are. So far the only people I've heard that they've cleared are the parents.

JMO

Ah Etilema--

I self-snipped the end off as soon as I posted cause it just sounded snarky. Apologies.

Possibly posed. I don't think it's appropriate to be more specific than that, and I'm also not positive that's what I saw. But enough to make me think it's a possibility.

Now I am even more confused...
Posed to look like a crime scene? But.... it is a crime scene!
Guess I'll have to move on, 'cause this is hurting my brain.

My understanding is that this is how long the dad said he and J waited for Jessica, before he took J to school. I don't know what time they arrived at the park to wait for her, however. I do believe he said he drove J to school around 8:40. So perhaps they were at the park by 8:20? Either way, if Jessica was waiting at J's house and she was told to wait there and dad would drive them, would she wait that long? If they were supposed to meet around 8:30, and J's dad said they might not be home and would be running a bit late from the store, would she wait till 8:40-8:45?
If she did wait, and J's dad pulled up in the car without J, would she get in?

"Hey, I went ahead and dropped J off at school...hop in and I will drive you over...."

Once again, this is a theory. Nothing more! Just showing how Jessica might know someone, feel comfortable enough to enter a car with someone...she wouldn't put up a fuss. No one would notice anything unusual.

Gotcha.
***My interest in J's and J's fathers statements are strictly as it relates to Jessica's timeline. FTR, not sleuthing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz