CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who set up the memorial fund for the Ridgeway family is a male co-worker of her mom. I thought that was a bit strange, but I don't want to start a witch hunt and I'm sure LE is all over it.

A Memorial Fund is great support...someone has to start it....personally I have no qualms about whether a male or female co-worker started it....

Depends on the energy, initiative, and skills of the group I'd say....

Just glad to see support...

To me that is even more scary. To be classified as a runaway and not have LE looking for them. Especially while this particular monster is loose. All children should be looked for by LE whether they are a considered a runaway or not.
This is how so many serial killers get away with so much when they target prostitutes and people that are not being accounted for. jmo

RE: Amber Alerts - Runaways..

16 year old Ali Lowitzer (TX) vanished after getting off the school bus April 2010. Investigators determined that she was a runaway for weeks before a proper investigation was iniated. Church Point, LA, RSO Brandon S Lavergne; serial killer, convicted for the murders of Lisa Pate 1999 & Mickey Shunick 2012, is the prime suspect in Ali's abduction.

TX - Alexandria Joy Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103767"]TX TX - Alexandria Joy Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Suspect in WY attack has lived in Woodland Park and Estes Park, CO.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quoting myself to say he is also a photographer and has a website with his name.

Yeah, apparently....This is really O/T, but I had thought of the man who abducted and sexually assaulted me when I was a teenager as a possible suspect because he lived in the area, until I Googled his name and found out that HE was actually murdered, in Aurora, in 2010 :what:

I'm sorry that happened to you TCG! How awful! And, God forgive me, I'm glad he is no longer here to hurt anyone else!

Just curious why the grandmother didn't answer the phone while mom slept.

Maybe she worked during the day or they only had the cell phone and she did not answer her daughter's cell (jessica's mom) for personal reasons.
Many people today have given up their house phones and just rely on their cells.

Just curious why the grandmother didn't answer the phone while mom slept.

I haven't heard a reason in MSM. But maybe she was working, running errands, etc. Also, someone posted that mom turned off phone so it wouldn't wake her but I don't know if that is true or not.

Can we please tone down the "mass hysteria,drama, and sensationalized" comments. LE was putting out the BOLO and giving the same descripton as the suspect that was trying to abduct kids. Even if it was a coincidence, his car and physical description matched someone who has been trying to abduct kids in Arvada. The boy's Mom said the guy had no licenses plate on the back of his car. They wouldn't have questioned him for 7 hours for nothing, he was suspicious to them. They let him go, there was nothng to hold him on.

Sounds like he's a person who chose to do something dumb, like stalking his ex gf and make himself suspicious by parking and trying to get a minor to do something for him. Still, that's over the top, and if nothing else now he knows it's illegal to stalk anyone. If I was the girl's parent, I would get a restraining order against him, at this point, because this is unacceptable behavior.

It's not mass hysteria for people in that whole area to have seen this as a potential suspect and hope to God the nightmare was ending. They live in an area where a child has been murdered and all her body parts haven't been discovered yet. I think anyone who would say it's mass hysteria is being callous and disrespectable to the people who have children and have to live in that environment. They desperately want the suspect caught and many of them are posting here and reading if not members.

Yes, even the police took this very seriously, he was kept until 5am this morning after he turned himself in. They had reason to question him that long IMO:). Poor kid though, bet he will be taking things more seriously himself from now on.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...abduction-of-boy?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

I am not sure if you are referring to me winterrose because I never said any of the things you are mentioning? I don't see anyone else talking about mass hysteria, but I am confused now?
I was specifically talking about one report that was extremely fabricated and nearly incited a lynch mob to hunt this person down. Not the fact that it was reported at all or that LE checked him out or that people were scared in general. Specifically the really dramatic fictionalized report that had him basically dragging the kid into the car that led to vigilante justice comments across many websites. To me, that is and always will be irresponsible and I am thrilled that most of websleuths and most MSM sources are NOT like that.

The forum on the Wyoming girl has a link where you can figure out the bookings for the jail in Montana if anyone wants to take a look. There is a booking for $2 million to "hold for Wyoming" on 10/13/12 11pm at night.

If you google the persons name it is interesting that a person of the same name has a photography website or business for photography in Montana, Colorado and Wyoming. Mountain landscapes and prairie lamdscapes mostly. This person also has a hiking book on Colorado.

The Facebook page for this person list Bozenan,Mt as their city which is where the arrest happened and the FB page mentions all the photography stuff above. He looks to be about 35-40 with strawberry blond hair hair. Blog has pictures of the girlfriend. Former addresses are Colorado Springs and Estes park, Co.

Also facebook page says he left on Sept 28 to go on extended vacation for a few weeks to take pictures and he did not know where he was going. Although now there are comments on the FB page attacking him, before there were lots of friendly posts so this person seems well liked.

Name is not that common but of course could just be someone sharing the same name as the person apparently arrested yesterday in MT on $2 million bail and being held for Wyoming (which would seem to be the WY suspect unless there was some other major crime in Wy)

his story makes no *advertiser censored***** sense to me. even for a heartbroken idiot.
guess he's cleared, but the real lesson is - take a picture!!!!

Yes, even the police took this very seriously, he was kept until 5am this morning after he turned himself in. They had reason to question him that long IMO:). Poor kid though, bet he will be taking things more seriously himself from now on.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...abduction-of-boy?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Suspect in WY attack has lived in Woodland Park and Estes Park, CO.

No one has released the suspects name as far as I have seen. How do you know who to sleuth?

NVRmind: saw what Yellowrose posted.

just goes to show - you never know who your friends are.

The forum on the Wyoming girl has a link where you can figure out the bookings for the jail in Montana if anyone wants to take a look. There is a booking for $2 million to "hold for Wyoming" on 10/13/12 11pm at night.

If you google the persons name it is interesting that a person of the same name has a photography website or business for photography in Montana, Colorado and Wyoming. Mountain landscapes and prairie lamdscapes mostly. This person also has a hiking book on Colorado.

The Facebook page for this person list Bozenan,Mt as their city which is where the arrest happened and the FB page mentions all the photography stuff above. He looks to be about 35-40 with strawberry blond hair hair. Blog has oictures of the girlfriend. Former addresses are Colorado Springs and Estes park, Co.

Name is not that common but of course could just be someone sharing the same name as the person apparently arrested yesterday in MT on $2 million bail and being held for Wyoming (which would seem to be the WY suspect unless there was some other major crime in Wy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy