CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If what was reportedly done to Jessica is true, we are dealing with an utter monster.

"Speer has numerous connections to Colorado, including homes and and photography businesses in Colorado Springs, Woodland Park , Dubois, Manitou Springs and Estes Park, public records show.
His photography business filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2004, court records show. In public records, Speer has listed being a photographer for the Estes Park Trail Gazette newspaper, the Estes Park Chamber of Commerce, and Rocky Mountain National Park, as well as area resorts."

Thanks Walker007!

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21772912/suspect-cody-wyo-abduction-arrested-montana

NOT connected to Jessica....

I am not trying to go OT. But also from the looks online from his travels he has been up in Washington in the parks. Not far from where Lindsey Baum went missing. There are so many girls missing that there is no body or location - so it would be hard to make that connection in regards to the condition of the victim without the victim. So happy this predator is off the streets.

It is hard for me to believe he could swoop into Jessica's neighborhood and nab her in such a small window of time and distance. It feels to me like she was lured by someone she was familiar with from her area.

And I don't think she would get into a stranger's van in the morning on the way to school---but then again he did get that poor 11 yr old into his van, and I bet you she is intelligent and well aware of stranger danger too. These predators are skilled at their evil ways.

Here is a recent post on the WPD facebook page:

"Westminster PD--- The FBI has been able to rule out the Wyoming abductor in our case."
36 minutes ago ·

Thanks for posting. Typically these types of predator have predator friends in their circles. That is not saying he has any but that is statistical. IE: Nambla type groups etc..

Gee....I just want it to be him! I really want Jessica's killer to be behind bars tonight. It troubles me so much to think of him being out there wandering around searching for more victims.

Most of us felt like the killer in Jessica's case was someone local. Ugghhh....where is he?!

Have you seen his In the shadow pictures?What you wrote just gave me goosebumps and after seeing his pics and reading his words I am sick to my stomach.

Yes, that's what made me think of it. I know they are saying there's no connection, but I'd bet my last dollar that the police in CO are ordering a DNA profile from Mr. Speer. They'll be comparing, just to be 100% certain.

Could someone please find the crime scene photo where it looked like people were standing in the tree?

Found it.

Still1010_00008.jpg

http://www.9news.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=293882

"Westminster PD--- The FBI has been able to rule out the Wyoming abductor in our case."
36 minutes ago ·

I don't see this post on their page.

Gee....I just want it to be him! I really want Jessica's killer to be behind bars tonight. It troubles me so much to think of him being out there wandering around searching for more victims.

Most of us felt like the killer in Jessica's case was someone local. Ugghhh....where is he?!

Agree. It also troubles me to know there could be TWO of these monsters with such similar MOs out there operating during the same freaking week! Ugh!

Just wanted to post that this has been done, so hopefully we can stop speculating and focus on Jessica again - and let LE sort out the connection or non-connection between the two cases.

:offtobed:

belimom, I respectfully disagree.. The MS Media & LE follows Websleuths, imo. Many important connections have been made by posters today that may have been missed by investigators. You can't connect the dots if you don't collect the dots...
Many times investigators purposely choose to release misinformation to the public or simply drop the ball..
'We are all here for Jessica Ridgeway and her family'...

It is hard for me to believe he could swoop into Jessica's neighborhood and nab her in such a small window of time and distance. It feels to me like she was lured by someone she was familiar with from her area.

And I don't think she would get into a stranger's van in the morning on the way to school---but then again he did get that poor 11 yr old into his van, and I bet you she is intelligent and well aware of stranger danger too. These predators are skilled at their evil ways.

The Cody victim was lured by the perp...but once he had her close, he pulled a gun. I am thinking of Jessica now....no one saw or heard anything that morning. We know she was taken close to home. It might be someone she knew...or someone with a weapon. I would say most of us would be persuaded by a weapon.

So very sad about Jessica :( I hope this guy screwed up badly and they find something :(

36 minutes ago ·

I wonder if they got the DNA results that fast.

I think that since we know very little about who LE is investigating in Jessica's case, posters tend to gravitate towards any info about similar cases. I don't think anyone is intending to be rude or take us off course. Seems to me that LE started out by saying JPS was NOT related to Jessica's case but most recently have stated that they will not say if he is or not. Did I get that part right? I hesitate to say for sure since I have been playing catch-up all evening.

His photos are about solitude, and he says that "Maybe it’s because I feel most at home in nature. I can fully express myself within the natural world, like no other place in this world. Nature is where I find the fullest expression of raw emotion and mind-blowing creativity. There is a timeless honesty to what nature gives, however temperamental it might be. Within this comfort zone, my creativity is never more alive."

http://dorinbofan.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/interview-with-jesse-speer/

There are so many shacks and desolate places in his photos, just like the shacks and desolate places where Jessica was found. The shack in the middle of this selection reminds me of the larger shack near where Jessica was found.

http://www.jessespeer.com/gallery/landscapes-2/

36 minutes ago ·

Well they have the DNA of Jessica's killer so I think that ends that speculation.

Remember in the beginning of the search for Jessica? When did LE mention that they were searching only "open spaces?" I'm wondering if there was some sort of "naturalist" type of clue the perp gave them that led them to do this first?

I know I live in a much different part of the country, but if I was discarding a body here, I'd look for a wooded area. There is a reason why an open space was used for Jessica's disposal and LE knew to look there first.

36 minutes ago ·

Do you have the link? I can't find that on their page. TIA

Remember in the beginning of the search for Jessica? When did LE mention that they were searching only "open spaces?" I'm wondering if there was some sort of "naturalist" type of clue the perp gave them that led them to do this first?

I know I live in a much different part of the country, but if I was discarding a body here, I'd look for a wooded area. There is a reason why an open space was used for Jessica's disposal and LE knew to look there first.

The second photo on his FB timeline is titled "Open Spaces."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member