CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read in the comments that a 13 year old child went missing on Friday, last seen near Grant Middle School, but they won't issue an Amber Alert until Monday because she could possibly be a runaway.. Amber Alert rules

That's ridiculous! The poor child could be in danger.

Websleuths does not come up on in least the first 5 pages when I search for Jessica Ridgeway on Google...

So far in this case I have not heard any info about any possible boyfriend's of Jessica's mom, aunt or grandmother. There must have been some males who hovered around that home, imo.

Another poster told me this was suspected in he Grim Sleeper case. I was not involved in that case here and don't know the details.

On the Amy Bradley thread the verifies insider said the perps were reading at WS and possibly posting but I didn't see any evidence of posting.

It's always a possibility in crime forums for the perp to read here. That's why it's important to not post identifying features about yourself just in case. WS is one of the first links that pop up in a google search of almost every missing person case.

That was me. The Grim Sleeper posting wasn't on Websleuths, it was on a different crime forum. It's not positively known if it was him or just somebody pretending to be him.

Did you read in the comments that a 13 year old child went missing on Friday, last seen near Grant Middle School, but they won't issue an Amber Alert until Monday because she could possibly be a runaway.. Amber Alert rules

O/T - I can't see any comments or reference to them on the KDVR link by the OP. Where do they appear?

So far in this case I have not heard any info about any possible boyfriend's of Jessica's mom, aunt or grandmother. There must have been some males who hovered around that home, imo.

I noticed the same thing and wondered about it at the time. Actually this is the first case I have followed that all kinds of info did not come out about the parents. Even aunt or grandma. Just an observation.

I thought that WS came up first because of my browsing history. I wonder if it does when you use a computer you've never used before?

On every computer I've ever used when googling a victim's name, I include the term "forums," and WS has come up on the top every single time. Now, when I know a case is somewhere on WS, I use google to find it instead of looking through all the different forums. WS rocks!

It has been a little hard to keep track of all the info for me. Can someone tell me if LE is still out searching open spaces and whatnot for, um, clues? I think I might remember reading that they had officially stopped, but a couple of nights I was up way too late and may misremember some things...

Websleuths does not come up on in least the first 5 pages when I search for Jessica Ridgeway on Google...

I am sure it's because this case has gotten so big and being covered in so many parts of the country. Before it blew up, when you Googled her name, Websleuths came up on the first page. I think Google is how many of us found this awesome place.

This article mentions an aunt who has a husband (perhaps the "uncle" who was mentioned previously?):

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21768490

ETA: I am posting that to address the question of a boyfriend. LE has said family has been cleared, which I would expect to include aunts and uncles, so I am not implying anything about them.

I saw that about the 13 year old last night on the 9news fb, the only thing the parents can do is contact LE. It's up to LE to put it out to the media and get an amber alert. Too many kids go missing and it's assumed they're runaways, like with 17 year old Bryan Glenn, who was found dead right off a path less than a mile from where his car was found parked. How obvious since all his belongings were still in the car, even his sweatshirt, but yet LE didn't go down far enough to find him. This needs to stop, a child missing is just that and is in extreme danger when out there, no matter what reason.

OT
Is anyone else having severe issues with Web Sleuths today? I was not able to get on last night, it comes up but only the "header" and cannot access the site at all. Been like this all day to, finally can get on now, but wondering for how long? Is this me? or has the site been having issues? Thank you

She is listed as a runaway not an abduction....
https://www.facebook.com/ilike9news
Denver Police are searching for Xavia Silva, age 13. She's listed as a runaway, not an abduction case. Call the police 720-913-2000 if you see Xavia or know where she is.
We will continue to check with police on this case and report any developments.

I saw that about the 13 year old last night on the 9news fb, the only thing the parents can do is contact LE. It's up to LE to put it out to the media and get an amber alert. Too many kids go missing and it's assumed they're runaways, like with 17 year old Bryan Glenn, who was found dead right off a path less than a mile from where his car was found parked. How obvious since all his belongings were still in the car, even his sweatshirt, but yet LE didn't go down far enough to find him. This needs to stop, a child missing is just that and is in extreme danger when out there, no matter what reason.

Someone on FB just posted that he's the dad and she called him, from a friend's house.

Another thing that I have not heard yet is where exactly she was last seen that morning. Her mom and or her grandma apparently saw her leave the front door and begin her walk, but did any of the neighbors see her leave the yard, the driveway, the street and make it to the next block? I am wondering because I wonder if something happened very close to home. Is there a next door neighbor who has been watching her? Or the father of a school friend, who knows the routine she has each day? Or does Mom or Auntie have a boyfriend, who may have popped up that morning to offer her a ride?

OT
Is anyone else having severe issues with Web Sleuths today? I was not able to get on last night, it comes up but only the "header" and cannot access the site at all. Been like this all day to, finally can get on now, but wondering for how long? Is this me? or has the site been having issues? Thank you

Apparently it is something to do with a new ad? Many have solved it by downloading ad-blocker, I guess. There are several comments about it. WS is aware.

I've had no problems with the site, at all.

But I don't have an anti-virus installed.

Even "runaways" or, perhaps, especially "runaways" can be abducted.

It has been a little hard to keep track of all the info for me. Can someone tell me if LE is still out searching open spaces and whatnot for, um, clues? I think I might remember reading that they had officially stopped, but a couple of nights I was up way too late and may misremember some things...

They searched along Colorado 93 near where it meets Leyden Road (aka 82nd ave) yesterday. This is west of where the body was found on wednesday. I haven't heard anything about searches today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010