Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fgs, what is he rambling about?

Heck if I know! I don't want to touch the political stuff due to TOS, but thinking in the context of this case I find it frightening that he mentions the idea that Clark Kent could fool people as Superman and simultaneously influence people through the use of the press. He also mentions "people who act without a conscience". It makes me wonder if he has a conscience. Perhaps he thinks he has fooled everyone by acting one way in his public life and another way in his private life (i.e. by committing criminal acts rather than being a secret super hero). His studying Criminal Justice is interesting too. He ticks many boxes as a stereotypical perp IMHO.
MOO.

Fgs, what is he rambling about?

Reading what @Gardener1850 posted above, he discusses television and it's influence as a medium (I think). I'm not sure why that info. was included with biographical information, such as his graduating from "an alternative school during his rebellious years".

Seems like disorganized thinking to me. Which is frightening.

JMVHO.

ETA: @Gardener1850 described better what I was trying to say.

His past as a youth minister is disturbing.

Very much so.

Something else disturbing - he advocates students possibly dropping out of school in the 8th grade and apprenticing in a vocation in lieu of high school.

I've nothing against vocational training, but dropping out after 8th grade and not getting a GED doesn't seem wise.

Steve supports non-traditional learning programs. Before World War II, most public-school education ended at the 8th grade. Mennonite Church school education continues to end at graduation from the eighth grade. Steve supports students wanting vocational careers to apprentice in a specific vocation in lieu of high school. At the age of eighteen the student with four years apprenticeship is a self-supporting journeyman in his or her trade vocation. Self-esteem and an earned paycheck will promote productive, happy young people.

My Plan

Last edited:
Oh my. How convenient is it that the vehicle was packed for an out of state trip and his FIL worked at a cemetery. Hmmm.

I’ve heard the criminal always returns to the scene of a crime.... he just couldn’t resist going to LE when he came home.

“On the night Jonelle went missing, Pankey said, he was home with his then-wife. His 1980 Toyota Corolla was packed to visit family in California for the Christmas holiday. They planned to leave at 5 a.m. the next day for the drive to Big Bear Lake to visit his parents.

They returned to Colorado on Dec. 26, 1984, he said, and heard the news of a missing child on the radio.

“I never met Jonelle, I never met her family, I didn’t know she existed or disappeared until Wednesday, Dec. 26 (1984),” Pankey said.

But he said he met with an FBI agent at the Greeley police station shortly after he returned, because he heard from his father-in-law, who worked for a cemetery, that someone had asked about getting rid of a body. The comments made him suspicious given Jonelle’s disappearance, he said, so he reported them to the FBI rather than to local police.”

Read more here: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article234982707.html#storylink=cpy

CBS4 Facebook post 2 hours ago states they have an interview with POI at 10pm tonight. (Not clear on what time zone.)

Jonelle Matthews Murder Investigation: Detectives say a man who once ran for governor of Idaho is a person of interest. Steve Pankey says he's innocent. See his interview on CBS4 at 10 p.m.

CBS Denver

His YouTube interview.

Huh? He goes from not hearing about Jonelle until after he got back in town, to “a lot of people are victims.....”this, after giving stats on missing and exploited children? I also caught his constant use of “I”, typical narcissism. He’s a candidate alright. IMO MOO Justice For Jonelle

I can’t get over how many times he states in the published interviews that he won’t speak to the detectives without his lawyer. But yet, there he is granting interviews, running his mouth, making himself look like the victim from every angle. Sorry dude, you can only control the narrative until that oh so satisfying DNA karma kicks in.

At one point, Pankey said, he glanced out the window to gauge the level of falling snow, and spotted a sheriff's pickup pull into his driveway.

"I had had multiple problems with local law enforcement, so I was thinking 'oh no, here's coming another arbitrary charge,'" he told KTVB.

RBBM

Makes one wonder what these "multiple problems" were.

Former Idaho governor candidate investigated in cold-case killing of Colorado 12 year old

More information (apologies if this was posted upstream).

Pankey has been on Greeley police's radar since the 70's. He moved to the small Colorado community in 1973 and was accused of what he called "date rape" in 1977.

Pankey denied the allegations but was charged with a crime; the charge was later dismissed. The Idaho Stateman reports that Pankey was charged in Colorado with as many as 20 "arbitrary" misdemeanors, including battery and harassment by phone.

<RSBMFF>

All of the cases date back to the 1970s and 1980s, but due to their age, very little information still exists in the court filings.

Six cases, including a sex assault from 1977, were dismissed. Two other cases- including one involving a harassment charge- ended with not guilty verdicts.

1984 Greeley cold case given new life as former Idaho gov. candidate comes under investigation

Believe they are mountain time zone. But could be wrong . Bet he's bringing counsel, from what has previously been stated. We may not hear from LE, Sleuth away !
CBS4 Facebook post 2 hours ago states they have an interview with POI at 10pm tonight. (Not clear on what time zone.)

Jonelle Matthews Murder Investigation: Detectives say a man who once ran for governor of Idaho is a person of interest. Steve Pankey says he's innocent. See his interview on CBS4 at 10 p.m.

CBS Denver

I want to know everywhere he has lived.

Go to this link: Colorado Criminal Records | StateRecords.org

Put in SP's first name, last name and put "Greeley" as the city. Then, search. The report takes some time to build - it's scanning various records.

You'll get two records with the exact first and last names. You want the one for the 68-year old. You'll see the cities listed underneath the name.

If you want reports, that will cost you. I just checked the places SP lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879