GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not an "in a better place" person but I do know that many believers in Christ will often say that as they believe that we live here and seek to be there through our behaviors.

I am truly unnerved by the upward spiral of numbers of teens killing young children.

I don't mean to nitpick but I had to say that's not actually what Christians believe. We seek to be there not through our good works but through Jesus' finished work on the cross. That said, I'm not a "in a better place" person when it comes at the hand of a brutal murder.

There is a small vigil starting to grow outside the home of 7-year-old Jordan Vong in Montbello neighborhood of #Denver. The boy was found dead inside the home last night. A 16 year-girl has been arrested.

James Dougherty on Twitter

Attachments

• 4384AE45-BB8B-427E-BCC7-9B5DA279ABF7.jpeg
    4384AE45-BB8B-427E-BCC7-9B5DA279ABF7.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 36DA1312-5D8B-4534-BE0A-19AEF5AA6735.jpeg
    36DA1312-5D8B-4534-BE0A-19AEF5AA6735.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 28032C5F-5391-4861-8582-68347D8B77B0.jpeg
    28032C5F-5391-4861-8582-68347D8B77B0.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 26

So then why the need for a search warrant.

< respectfully snipped>

Jordan Vong's Body Found in Home, Teen Arrested on Suspicion of Murder

"As for the decision to ask for a search warrant, the division chief allowed that "as information develops, if you're looking at the potential of it turning into a high-level investigation, potentially criminal, you need a search warrant to maintain the integrity of the case and present the best investigative product to the DA's office."

The Denver District Attorney's Office is charged with determining if criminal accusations are justified — and prosecutors will presumably decide if there's a rationale for charging the teen as an adult. The Denver coroner's office is expected to determine the official cause of death soon."

It looks like a small house, I don't understand how he wasn't found but then I think about that teen boy who killed a neighbor girl and hid her in his mattress. Can't remember the whole case though.

I believe police searched to see if he was hiding someplace. They did not search to find his body, until they had a search warrent.

Montbello boy death investigation: Denver police leave house where body was found

On Wednesday morning, Vong’s home was quiet with no one coming in or out. The garage door was open with a red car in view. The car’s trunk had the lining ripped out of it

Neighbors around the house in the 4900 block of Fairplay Street described the family as quiet with many children and teenagers living inside the home.

None of the neighbors The Denver Post spoke with knew how many people lived in the house, but added that the family moved in about two years ago.

Neighbor P H, who lives across the street, said he saw police take out what appeared to be a body bag on a stretcher around 11 a.m. Wednesday. The stretcher was put inside an unmarked black vehicle, H said.

Jordan Vong's Body Found in Home, Teen Arrested on Suspicion of Murder

"As for the decision to ask for a search warrant, the division chief allowed that "as information develops, if you're looking at the potential of it turning into a high-level investigation, potentially criminal, you need a search warrant to maintain the integrity of the case and present the best investigative product to the DA's office."

The Denver District Attorney's Office is charged with determining if criminal accusations are justified — and prosecutors will presumably decide if there's a rationale for charging the teen as an adult. The Denver coroner's office is expected to determine the official cause of death soon."
Thanks! I think Montoya's other comments from your link made me wonder about the search warrant but like I (as did Margarita and others) said earlier it makes sense for LE to obtain one if they see the case moving to a criminal investigation.
After stressing that laws protecting juveniles prohibited him from going into detail about the girl, Montoya took questions from the media. The first question concerned the behavior of the family members and whether it prompted the request for a search warrant.

"The family was concerned and they were cooperative to a point," Montoya said. "I can't expand upon that because it is part of the active investigation."
In Montoya's view, the family exhibited "some natural reactions, human reactions, to knowing that the child was discovered deceased. I'll leave it at that." But he also conceded that "there are a lot of pieces that just don't add up."
As for his last comment I take that to mean that he felt the family reacted in the expected way - IOW he didn't get any weird vibes from them. But I'd also like to know what he meant by "there are a lot of pieces that just don't add up."

A FB profile is now gone....

I was surprised how long it stayed up.

Usually, law enforcement takes them down very quickly, I think, themselves?

But reading up on this case, and having seen the Facebook comments, they have left it up for a very good reason. A lot of stuff on those comments sections.

I wonder sometimes, if they leave it up purposely, for LE and media to get information/connections quickly (as this one did) for later on because they are not allowed to comment on it?

I do know that media has restrictions also, just saying ... her Facebook page stayed up longer than most in cases such as this

Memorial growing outside of #Montebello home where 7 year old boy found dead. 16 year old arrested. @TonyKovaleski will have latest information on @DenverChannel at 4, 5, and 6. #JordanVong

Tom Mustin on Twitter

Attachments

• 97D9ED8B-984F-48C0-8942-D14A615A2768.jpeg
    97D9ED8B-984F-48C0-8942-D14A615A2768.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 26
  • A1EA0B4B-0909-4D23-B625-D4C3182D5D82.jpeg
    A1EA0B4B-0909-4D23-B625-D4C3182D5D82.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 26
  • D4D6E3F7-1F12-4D4C-9114-D03DEFE8FA12.jpeg
    D4D6E3F7-1F12-4D4C-9114-D03DEFE8FA12.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 21
Teen girl accused of murder in death of 7-year-old Jordan Vong held without bond after court hearing

DENVER – The 16-year-old girl arrested Wednesday for investigation on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of 7-year-old Jordan Vong will be held without bond as Denver prosecutors wait to receive the case from police, who are still investigating.

After the closed-door hearing, the judge in the case said the girl would continue to be held without bond.

The Denver District Attorney’s Office has not formally charged the girl in Vong’s death. Another juvenile court hearing is currently scheduled for next Tuesday. The juvenile girl, whom police have not identified, faces investigation on a first-degree murder charge.

Next juvenile court appearance set for Tuesday

I don't mean to nitpick but I had to say that's not actually what Christians believe. We seek to be there not through our good works but through Jesus' finished work on the cross. That said, I'm not a "in a better place" person when it comes at the hand of a brutal murder.
Not to nitpick (or get too off-track)...but Christianity is a spectrum, and a belief in the doctrine of sola fide kind of depends on specific denomination. Roman Catholics, for example, certainly have "good works" in the mix, and we're definitely also Christian.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge
Back