CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said at about 9:30 a.m. crews were preparing to extricate the body from the ditch.
Tymkowych also said the body is unidentifiable at this point, but it was found near the home of Kayleah Wilson in southwest Greeley.
"The body is not identifiable at this point because of decomposition," he said, adding that coroner's hope to identify the person later today.
The body was found about 6 a.m. in a ditch near Wilson's home, near the area of 29th Street and 35th Avenue. Tymkowych said an employee for a ditch company was doing a routine check of the ditch when he spotted the body and alerted authorities.
Investigators are attempting to determine how the body came to be in the ditch.
"It's hard to say if this was deposited here or if it was here and it was just now uncovered," Tymkowych said.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...nd+in+Greeley+ditch+near+home+of+missing+girl

This location is maybe a mile if that from the mall, it is very close. Maybe a 5 minute drive from Kendall Printing to the Mall.

29th where they are investigating runs mainly east and west and intersects with 23rd which is where the mall is.

snipped from above linked article....

"The location the body is about a half-mile away from Kayleah's home, where she was last seen by her mother on March 28 and half-mile away from the Greeley Mall, where she was seen walking on the day she disappeared."

This location is maybe a mile if that from the mall, it is very close. Maybe a 5 minute drive from Kendall Printing to the Mall.

29th where they are investigating runs mainly east and west and intersects with 23rd which is where the mall is.

Thanks angiejean - I'm so map and direction impaired, I need someone to draw a child like picture - I am lacking a compass in my head.

A 5 minute drive - my gosh and the ditch has been checked twice in the last 53 days. Maybe the heavy rains moved the body from being lodged somewhere. So close!

I just hate saying this :(

The body was found against a gate, which very likely could mean that it was moving in the water or had been moved, especially with the downpours last night. It will possibly matter the direction of the flow, let me look and see if that can be determined. Since the area was searched twice, this could be the case.

Police investigate after body found in ditch
genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

Investigators are attempting to determine how the body came to be in the ditch.

"It's hard to say if this was deposited here or if it was here and it was just now uncovered," Tymkowych said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139247&catid=339

I think she has been there all this time...so close to her house...

Thanks angiejean - I'm so map and direction impaired, I need someone to draw a child like picture - I am lacking a compass in my head.

A 5 minute drive - my gosh and the ditch has been checked twice in the last 53 days. Maybe the heavy rains moved the body from being lodged somewhere. So close!

Your welcome... :)

Yes, I am thinking the same thing. Looking at the map, it's hard to get a sense of the direction the water is moving.

If you zoom the map in as far as possible....it shows also that the overflow from that pond goes into a short ditch which then connects to the main drainage ditch and it appears to be right near the point where they are standing in that picture.

no description yet on sex or even the age.

it does seem like too much of a coincidence

the fact that the area was searched twice before and nothing was found is giving me caylee flashbacks :(

I do think if it's Kayleah, she has been there the whole time and the rains dislodged her body. I don't think she has been moved to this place.

If this is Kayleah, I sure hope there will be enough evidence to figure out what happened to her.

no description yet on sex or even the age.

it does seem like too much of a coincidence

the fact that the area was searched twice before and nothing was found is giving me caylee flashbacks :(

Could it be a hit and run?

I hope that it is not her. However, this is really weird because I actually had a dream last night that I logged on here and saw she had been found deceased. It was a very clear dream and kind of freaked me out a little bit.....very strange. I pray this is not her though :praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member