CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #26 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people interpret that to mean, maybe PF and KB were going to get together for dinner but there were no plans to do so. Some interpret that to mean, there were plans to get together for dinner, but maybe they were going to eat out or maybe they were going to stay home.

Respectfully how does someone interpret: "She was going out to dinner with her fiance and daughter. She didn't say where." as saying there were no plans or they may have been staying in at her house?

I understand that the other statements are more vague but "going out to dinner" means leaving her home to me. And dinner "with fiance and daughter" is specific as to plans and the status of the relationship. Is it the "she didn't say where" part and the other vague statements that makes everyone think there were no real plans? What if she didn't tell her mom where because PF told KB he wanted to surprise her? We now know that PF was planning her murder. PF might have not wanted to commit to any specific plans with KB for Thanksgiving Day otherwise she may have told people where she was going and what she was doing with him and what time.

It would have been easy, however, for PF to lie and tell KB something like "I'll come by to pick you up in the afternoon after I finish my ranch chores and we'll all go out somewhere, my surprise." We now know he never took her to dinner. What CB was told by KB that morning about their plans before she was murdered is likely going to be key testimony in court. I think CB started to keep details vague in the media interviews on purpose. MOO.

Respectfully how does someone interpret: "She was going out to dinner with her fiance and daughter. She didn't say where." as saying there were no plans or they may have been staying in at her house?

I understand that the other statements are more vague but "going out to dinner" means leaving her home to me. And dinner "with fiance and daughter" is specific as to plans and the status of the relationship. Is it the "she didn't say where" part and the other vague statements that makes everyone think there were no real plans? What if she didn't tell her mom where because PF told KB he wanted to surprise her? We now know that PF was planning her murder. PF might have not wanted to commit to any specific plans with KB for Thanksgiving Day otherwise she may have told people where she was going and what she was doing with him and what time.

It would have been easy, however, for PF to lie and tell KB something like "I'll come by to pick you up in the afternoon after I finish my ranch chores and we'll all go out somewhere, my surprise." We now know he never took her to dinner. What CB was told by KB that morning about their plans before she was murdered is likely going to be key testimony in court. I think CB started to keep details vague in the media interviews on purpose. MOO.
I don't know (I wasn't speaking on my behalf but on what I've read from others) I'm of the mindset that KB told her mother she and PF were going out to eat that night. Others don't agree based on their interpretation of what CB said, in fact some people have stated they don't feel KB was honest with CB about her plans (i.e. some have posted that KB might not tell her mother she was going to eat alone because she wouldn't want to make CB feel bad). So it all comes down to personal opinion.
But like we all know, the fact is he killed her sometime after she returned from Safeway, I think we can all agree it most likely happened shortly after she returned home because the neighbor saw his truck there. I don't believe they actually went out to dinner that day or night because I believe someone would have seen them or there would have been CCTV evidence of that. And I also believe he and the baby instead had dinner either with his family or in some tandem with IN.

Still no resolution to the ABC/KRDO report on the admonishment of KK and her care of the baby in Colorado. If the news station got it wrong they would issue an apology. Yet, the story is still out there and was apparently rerun on the 10:00 pm news. KK could have used various names (KJLK, KLK, KKL, KJKL), she could be hard to track. IMO This news report is apparently the only MSM report on the Sonic side of the story. IMO
Admonishment of KK and her care of the baby? I must have missed this can somebody bump it, thank you as I am traveling and pulling off and reading updates and I don't have time today to see what is going on and read all of the thread. Thank you

ETA thanks to the posters that actually have called the stations and ask questions of the reporters and or editors and posted the results of such here.

Last edited:
Curious if we will have an arrest today now that the weekend is over. Hopefully we will.

I would settle for a LE press conference revealing more info about the investigation no matter how small at this point. I don't trust what the media is saying for this case. The media keeps making it seem like another arrest is close at hand but with each piece of false info and rumor they put out that has to be retracted (or simply never mentioned again) the mainstream media is showing they don't have any real insider info from LE sources. MOO.

Wouldn't LE need to have a SW? I imagine LE would physically go to the legal dept. with a SW. Then the legal dept. would make a determination about scope and form, and give directions to admin/personnel dept. about what to give LE.

LE has clearly gone through legal channels, including SW, to get records from her work.

And all sorts of other info on her life

I don't know (I wasn't speaking on my behalf but on what I've read from others) I'm of the mindset that KB told her mother she and PF were going out to eat that night. Others don't agree based on their interpretation of what CB said, in fact some people have stated they don't feel KB was honest with CB about her plans (i.e. some have posted that KB might not tell her mother she was going to eat alone because she wouldn't want to make CB feel bad). So it all comes down to personal opinion.
But like we all know, the fact is he killed her sometime after she returned from Safeway, I think we can all agree it most likely happened shortly after she returned home because the neighbor saw his truck there. I don't believe they actually went out to dinner that day or night because I believe someone would have seen them or there would have been CCTV evidence of that. And I also believe he and the baby instead had dinner either with his family or in some tandem with IN.

Thanks. I agree with most of what you say. I find it frustrating that the tendency is still to accuse KB of being the one who lied about her plans and lied about the status of her relationship. I considered that possibility at the very beginning of this case when there was still a slight chance KB might have left of her own free will somehow. But now we know she was murdered. I think the accused murderer is more likely to be the liar, not the victim.

Thanks. I agree with most of what you say. I find it frustrating that the tendency is still to accuse KB of being the one who lied about her plans and lied about the status of her relationship. I considered that possibility at the very beginning of this case when there was still a slight chance KB might have left of her own free will somehow. But now we know she was murdered. I think the accused murderer is more likely to be the liar, not the victim.
I agree. It's like those who still feel PF and KB weren't engaged and they feel KB lied to her family because of the religious aspect, it would look bad if they weren't engaged. Fact is, she had a baby and that would appear far worse than not being engaged. In other words, why lie about an engagement to look good when you're walking around every day with a baby out of wedlock? But at the end of the day KB told the same relationship status, engaged. While PF told some they had broken up that day, others he told they had broken up in January and through his attorney he said the relationship was fine.

I think the murder did not go according to PF's plan. It was supposed to look like a robbery/murder but something went haywire.

imo

JMO
I agree and I think the "something" was that KB fought back. I am willing to bet she fought back hard. Ive been thinking he originally went there to strangle her but she fought back so hard that it forced him to grab the nearest weapon he could find and that is why LE found additional evidence which could have been blood splatter or spots that he attempted to cleanup.

Wish we had closeup photos of him shortly after she went missing to see if we spot any injuries on him.

Well, if he had not signed the birth certificate he would have to take a paternity test to prove that he is the father. There has to be some sort of legal documentation. I imagine it must be like that in every state. How else would one prove they are the legal parent?
Yes, I'm aware you can give your child your last name, my daughter has my name, not her father's name. This has always infuriated him and he has tried to take me to court and claim she should have his last name. My lawyer said the only way that could happen is if I had my parental rights taken away or if I was dead. Imo

Regarding how he would prove paternity - I had thought early on that establishing paternity was the true reason for the buccal swabs that he was said to have provided in his lawyer's first statement on PF's behalf. Many of us wondered why he would have already been asked for those if she was "just" missing at that point.

I also thought that lawyer was somehow helping with emergency custody arrangements when KB was still only considered a missing person. These were just my preliminary thoughts, and it was quickly proven in this forum that his lawyer was definitely more of a criminal defense attorney than, say, a lawyer friend agreeing to help with custody arrangements.

Well, that's true but I also think that not everyone is entirely forthcoming about their relationships when it comes to sharing it with their parents. Especially when it is as complex as KB's seemed to be. We have heard that they were engaged, but with all the conflicting details it's not hard to believe that they might not have been for quite some time. Imo

I agree. It's like those who still feel PF and KB weren't engaged and they feel KB lied to her family because of the religious aspect, it would look bad if they weren't engaged. Fact is, she had a baby and that would appear far worse than not being engaged. In other words, why lie about an engagement to look good when you're walking around every day with a baby out of wedlock? But at the end of the day KB told the same relationship status, engaged. While PF told some they had broken up that day, others he told they had broken up in January and through his attorney he said the relationship was fine.

Agreed. PF seems to be the common denominator in all the different stories of the relationship status. And CB was just there to visit in Oct and can speak to what she observed of the relationship and how PF and KB interacted. I bet CB came to visit for the baby's first birthday (Baby K was born Oct 2017). CB's testimony about that Oct visit and the details of the phone conversations Thanksgiving morning should be very interesting. MOO.

Caryn Stark on Twitter
Today at 12PM I’m on SIRIUS XM radio Channel 111 PODCAST on https://www.crimeonline.com/ Breaking news on Kelsey Berreth murder investigation

CrimeOnline has obtained the court filings in the wrongful death case against Patrick Frazee, who is the subject of a civil lawsuit filed by Kelsey Berreth’s parents.

SEE IT: Just filed death lawsuit in Kelsey Berreth murder case
Nancy Grace and her guests will discuss the lawsuit in more detail on Monday’s episode of “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.” As Nancy and her legal experts will explain, the lawsuit appears to be intended as an investigatory tool rather than an effort to recover monetary damages, as Berreths’ family lawyers can now depose potential witnesses in the case against Patrick Frazee and perhaps uncover information that could lead to the discovery of Berreth’s body.

The language in the civil lawsuit suggests that the plaintiffs believe, as authorities have indicated, the Frazee may not have acted alone in Berreth’s alleged murder.

Last edited:

JMO
I totally agree.

Something I found very interesting that proved to me that PF was spinning tales was when a relative of his came out in the media mad about what KB's mom had said regarding her daughters relationship with PF. Something along the lines of PF cant really tell the truth now about the relationship because he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt because of what KB's mom has stated in the news.

That was such a crock to me because what normal folks do is just tell the truth. And if it happens to not agree with what others have said then so be it because you are telling the truth.

That proved to me that PF was spinning tales.

I am purposely not going after any links to protect any innocent parties in this, but I am sure people that have followed from the beginning will remember exactly what I am referring to.

JMO
I totally agree.

Something I found very interesting that proved to me that PF was spinning tales was when a relative of his came out in the media mad about what KB's mom had said regarding her daughters relationship with PF. Something along the lines of PF cant really tell the truth now about the relationship because he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt because of what KB's mom has stated in the news.

That was such a crock to me because what normal folks do is just tell the truth. And if it happens to not agree with what others have said then so be it because you are telling the truth.

That proved to me that PF was spinning tales.

I am purposely not going after any links to protect any innocent parties in this, but I am sure people that have followed from the beginning will remember exactly what I am referring to.
Full nod on this post.
I understand the rationale that some have based their opinions on, that KB could have been dishonest about her relationship status, but when I see it in it's entirety the only thing that makes sense is that they were still engaged. JMO

JMO
I agree and I think the "something" was that KB fought back. I am willing to bet she fought back hard. Ive been thinking he originally went there to strangle her but she fought back so hard that it forced him to grab the nearest weapon he could find and that is why LE found additional evidence which could have been blood splatter or spots that he attempted to cleanup.

Wish we had closeup photos of him shortly after she went missing to see if we spot any injuries on him.
I feel the same. It could also be that he/they disposed of her body due to DNA evidence left on her...underneath her fingernails possibly. Yeah, I wonder if he or anyone else had marks on them.

I believe there were wood floors in her place, a very hard/easy miss in clean up. Blood between the planks found with luminal, showing a pattern, telling a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel