CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like we have a woman, a cowboy & a baby, living fairly normal lives. Good days & bad days. Both adults busy with their professions, sharing baby K, maybe planning a future. It was a “young” relationship & by all appearances, fast moving. No DV reports, no prior criminal records, just normal people.
I see another woman looking in, seething with jealousy over P’s new love. A woman that hoped to be in KB’s position. Now, she knows she never will. She can’t control her hatred & obsesses for much longer than 3 months. The three month time frame is when something made her decide for certain murder was the only remedy. Maybe she was told to “move on”, back in September. Perhaps P/KB/baby attended a rodeo Labor Day weekend & the other woman observed the family of 3, laughing, showing baby K the horses, rodeo clowns & other attractions & realized “they are in love”. I think P would have been more than proud to show off baby K & KB at the end of the season rodeo.
As far as insinuations KB had “problems”, frankly, I can see the scorned woman spreading that rumor. Perhaps she is the one with “problems”. We don’t know.
Jmo, hypothetical and all that Jazz
Lol....I think LE have their guy.

As for the scorned woman. She better be thanking God she wasn’t in KBs position, as she would be dead right now. I think you are really sold on this idea. But I think she is the accomplice, the one who was solicited, knew the plan and followed it. She knows a lot but I believe she is the second party. I do believe she was there.

The weirdest part is they literally JUST had a very, very high profile murder case in Colorado--yet PF thought a mother just getting up and taking off wouldn't get attention.

Yea.
There’s just much more to this, imo.
Well, we know there is.
Like we’ve talked previously, info was out here in Dec. Nancy G & other sites had a lot off”rumors” that are now “facts”. Rumors are still flying.

We know that lawyers always tell their clients to keep their mouths shut and he appears to have heeded that crucial advice. While I think he's a party to this crime, even if not, he should shut up. It's up to the state to prove their accusations. That seems like law 101, to me.
Yes it is. But.,.,normal people talk anyway.

I’ve never committed or entertained murder.
If I planned one, the best way for me to deflect attention or set someone up is for me to tell my bestie, months prior, “my cowboy asked me to kill someone”, If I proceed with my plans, BINGO. “Trudie told me months ago Cowboy asked her.......”
The fact KK involved herself at all, speaks volumes, imo.
PF did not need her. He had all year long to kill KB.
There’s ways he could have & made it look like an accident & stood a chance at getting off.
We’ve all watched the crime shows, woman falls off cliff during photo shoot, woman falls off horse, woman drowns,
Woman runs off the road, etc.
IMO, if he needed help, he’d have no trouble finding a male friend. Lol, men I know live by the adage “never tell a woman”.
Idk. We have little info & we’re very limited to what we can discuss.
Also, the appearance of so much girl talk before & after makes me think someone in Idaho is shakin in her boots.
Scared to death.
I also think if charges are brought against KK, they will
be HUGE.

Yet, the charges for him would then be conspiracy versus solicitation?

Lol....I think LE have their guy.

As for the scorned woman. She better be thanking God she wasn’t in KBs position, as she would be dead right now. I think you are really sold on this idea. But I think she is the accomplice, the one who was solicited, knew the plan and followed it. She knows a lot but I believe she is the second party. I do believe she was there.

It's going to be very, very interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm more of between you and Trudie. I think she was there, but not the mastermind. Her role is way more than phone fetcher.

Didn’t know if I could post 11/25 info.
Surely she spoke with P or ma F?
I "think" that CB called PF at that time and that was when he told her KB was going to see her grandmother in Idaho. So for those wondering why KB's family did not report her missing sooner, it is false. I wonder if WPPD dropped the ball by making CB wait to file the missing persons report due to the fake texts. IMO

KB's mother contacted LE on November 25th. I have heard that at that time they conducted a welfare check but because of the text messages KB reportedly sent, LE did not report her as a missing person until Dec 2. This could make sense of the the R's statement. And what is up with LE not taking this seriously until a week later?
Phone of missing Colorado mother pinged in Idaho | East Idaho News
Now that you mention it... there WAS a great deal of confusion early on about whether or not CB first contacted WPPD 11/25 for a welfare check only (knock on door) because she could not reach KB. That was later cleaned up to CB contacted WPPD Dec 2 to report her as a missing person and WPPD performed a community caretaker check (entered residence without permission or SW).

You've got me wondering now if the original Nov 25 missing date was scrubbed by WPPD as they were following the FB group all along since then.

Yeah, a LOT of people in Idaho are going to need lawyers IMO.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it... there WAS a great deal of confusion early on about whether or not CB first contacted WPPD for a welfare check only (knock on door) because she could nit reach KB. That was later cleaned up to CB contacted WPPD Dec 2 to report her as a missing person and WPPD performed a community caretaker check (entered residence without permission or SW).

You've got me wondering now if the original Nov 25 missing date was scrubbed by WPPD as they were following the FB group all along since then.

Yeah, a LOT of people in Idaho are going to need lawyers IMO.
Yes, and I am wondering about the WPPD right now for not taking this seriously from when CB contacted them and made her WAIT based on the fake texts. That could be what blocked PF from hiding KB's car. But then he and KK had all the more time to get their stories straight and hide evidence.

I "think" that CB called PF at that time and that was when he told her KB was going to see her grandmother in Idaho. So for those wondering why KB's family did not report her missing sooner, it is false. I wonder if WPPD dropped the ball by making CB wait to file the missing persons report due to the fake texts. IMO

Where is the grandma's location in Idaho? Is the grandmother in Idaho in a place without phone service? I think if he had told CB this, CB would've called the grandmother to investigate. In the event the grandmother in Idaho is not able to be contacted via phone, most mothers would drive there (it is reasonable driving distance from anywhere in Washington to anywhere in Idaho). I just don't believe a worried and concerned CB sat on this information for a week without finding out for herself if that was true or not. This case would've blown up on 11/26 with headlines reading "Mom of tot disappears en route to Grandma's," "Mom's phone pings in Gooding, Idaho; cannot be located" and so forth. It would've immediately made PF look suspicious.

Speculation

If P had an old flame that was obsessed with him, I see a lot of drama. Women can play dirty, do drive bys, phone calls, messages, SM harassment, etc.
IF an old flame could not see he had moved on & conducted herself in ways unbecoming to a Queen, my guess is KB knew all about her & so did CB.
Could the stuff we hear KK said is partly true?
Instead of KK being afraid of PF, maybe KB was afraid of KK. People that are obsessed are frightening, imo.
Anyone have a female friend that can’t get over her ex husband that divorced her 15 years ago, remarried & fathered 5 kids? I have more than one. They can’t move on & literally spend hours subtly stalking the current wife/family. It’s crazy.

Last edited:
As you are a newbie, you may not realize that there is a media thread for this casethat you can go to and look back at with just media and without discussion. I find it very helpful to * subscribe* to Media threads so you get notified when there are updates also.. It is at this link.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Thank you dixiegirl. I was aware of the media thread, but admittedly had not kept up with it. I followed the link and it only addressed the one federal lawsuit filed by CB and recently served on PF (and for which I recall he obtained an attorney). The reporter on the second R interview said there were two wrongful death suits with one going to trial next month. That is the part that had me puzzled.

Not everything. In the Watts case, they knew he had deleted texts, but weren’t able to recover them.

They had to use Shanann’s phone to fill in the gaps.

NK also deleted things from her phone, but they were able to recover her search history.

I always respect your opinions here, but I do want to put my two cents on this one.

In the Sievers case in Florida, right after the murder they contacted the carriers to put a legal hold on the information so that it was retained by the carriers, but they did not receive the information as far as the texts for a very long time. I have a feeling that in the Sievers case it might be analogous to the Watts case and that he pled guilty so soon, they may not have had all the information from his phone?

Not this happened in the Watts case, or this case, just stating this is a possibility?

Perhaps you know more information than I do but that is how that case worked in Florida IIRC. It took a while for them to get it, and we learned that from the Freedom of Information Act as to how long it took.

I may be incorrect in all of this, but I do appreciate when somebody corrects me on the threads.

ETA, corrected typo

Last edited:
Where is the grandma's location in Idaho? Is the grandmother in Idaho in a place without phone service? I think if he had told CB this, CB would've called the grandmother to investigate. In the event the grandmother in Idaho is not able to be contacted via phone, most mothers would drive there (it is reasonable driving distance from anywhere in Washington to anywhere in Idaho). I just don't believe a worried and concerned CB sat on this information for a week without finding out for herself if that was true or not. This case would've blown up on 11/26 with headlines reading "Mom of tot disappears en route to Grandma's," "Mom's phone pings in Gooding, Idaho; cannot be located" and so forth. It would've immediately made PF look suspicious.

I think mom would be like “really, she never mentioned traveling when I last spoke with her.”

Who knows, maybe P’s phone records indicate he called KB’s phone. Not that it would prove much.

I always respect your opinions here, but I do want to put my two cents on this one.

In the Sievers case in Florida, right after the murder they contacted the carriers to put a legal hold on the information so that it was retained by the carriers, but they did not receive the information as far as the texts for a very long time. I have a feeling that in the Sievers case it might be analogous to the Watts case and that he pled guilty so soon, they may not have had all the information from his phone?

Not this happened in the wants case, or this case, just stating this is a possibility?

Perhaps you know more information than I do but that is how that case worked in Florida IIRC. It took a while for them to get it, and we learned that from the Freedom of Information Act as to how long it took.

I may be incorrect in all of this, but I do appreciate when somebody corrects me on the threads.
Here’s a recent article about text message recovery by law enforcement.

“You could be talking about two different Android phones that have different model numbers," Leavitt told Fox News. "If the phone is present and you're able to get into the phone, there's always a chance for you to recover deleted text messages. Getting the texts you want, that's up in the air. If you're looking to recover deleted data, we're at the mercy of what's left on the device."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...t-messages-ever-really-deleted-it-depends.amp

KB's mother contacted LE on November 25th. I have heard that at that time they conducted a welfare check but because of the text messages KB reportedly sent, LE did not report her as a missing person until Dec 2. This could make sense of the the R's statement. And what is up with LE not taking this seriously until a week later?
Yes, I remember discussing that back in the beginning. I was also under the impression that LE had done a welfare check at that time. So if that's true, that may have prompted PF to make up the story that Kelsey had gone to visit relatives, send the messages, and arrange for the phone to be taken to Idaho. That would also explain how the friend knew about it and told her employer.
Maybe LE believed the story until Kelseys mom called relatives and ultimately found out that no-one knew where she was, and the actual missing persons report wasn't filed until several days later.

It would make sense, but if I remember correctly there was some confusion as to whether or not that date was accurate. Imo

Does anyone have a link for the information that

"KB's mother contacted LE on November 25th. I have heard that at that time they conducted a welfare check"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member