CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search for the body of Jennifer Blagg, who was murdered by her husband Michael, took two weeks. This also occurred in Colorado.

JEFFERSON COUNTY - The search area ultimately represented three-tenths of one percent of the Mesa County landfill, in a desolate stretch of desert south of Grand Junction.

For more than two weeks, investigators dealt with temperatures that soared above 100 degrees as they combed through human excrement, medical waste, animal carcasses, thousands of bright orange Home Depot flyers and green punchouts from Ametek Dixson for any evidence related to the disappearance of 34-year-old Jennifer Blagg or her 6-year-old daughter Abby.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9news.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=local&topic=michael-blagg-trial&headline=how-searchers-found-jennifer-blaggs-body-in-the-mesa-county-landfill&contentId=73-527957265
I can’t remember the name, but I was thinking of another case also in Colorado… Where they searched a landfill for months looking for evidence of a woman who had been murdered, they were looking for evidence related to a mattress I believe.

I would imagine that kind of search takes a tremendous amount of time right?

When I hear the words "landfill search," my mind automatically goes to the Corrie McKeague case. He went missing in the U.K. They did an extensive, painstakingly thorough search of that landfill that went on for months. He was not found.

Landfill search for missing airman ends

I do think KB's remains will be found.

Last edited:
Question for the legal eagles...since from what I have read on these posts prior to now, Colorado does not enforce its DP. Why would you even ask for it? As the prosecutor. Just wondering
If you are referring to "Deferred Prosecution" Colorado does have provisions for it and does use it. Conditions are usually nearly identical to probation, and are rigidly enforced.
The prosecutor must file felony charges in order to have the authority to invoke deferred prosecution, and it must be approved by the court. The intent of Colorado law is that it be used in lesser felonies, where appropriate. The reality is that It is rarely even discussed, much less approved, in higher class felonies such as this case. IMO
Hope I answered your question.

If you are referring to "Deferred Prosecution" Colorado does have provisions for it and does use it. Conditions are usually nearly identical to probation, and are rigidly enforced.
The prosecutor must file felony charges in order to have the authority to invoke deferred prosecution, and it must be approved by the court. The intent of Colorado law is that it be used in lesser felonies, where appropriate. The reality is that It is rarely even discussed, much less approved, in higher class felonies such as this case. IMO
Hope I answered your question.
I apologize Dave I think I used the wrong abbreviation. I was speaking of the death penalty.

charlene voight
You may be thinking of the Jennifer Blagg case, in which the body was found in the city landfill eight months after the murder, and it was determined that it had deliberately been intoruced into the collection system on a different date than other evidence of the crime.
It very well may be the precedent which prompted the CBI to exercise double diligence in searching the landfill in this case. IMO
How searchers found Jennifer Blagg’s body in the Mesa County landfill

Last edited:
BBM:
Well, let's be honest here, that dreadful Herman-Munster-meets-Pee-Wee-Herman haircut PF sports really should be an offense punishable by death. JMO.

Laughed out loud at that! Every time I've seen PF's photo I've thought, "Yeah, he's a 'momma's boy;' that haircut was done by his mom." His bangs look just like mine did as a lass when my mom trimmed them! His haircut, much more than his living at mom's ranchette, convinces me he is a "momma's boy." How did KB overlook that flashing red light? MOO.

I apologize Dave I think I used the wrong abbreviation. I was speaking of the death penalty.
Oh...........Death is the maximum sentence for Murder in the First Degree at this time, but the law has changed several times in the past three decades. Your impression that Colorado did not exercise the Death penalty is totally accurate for cases tried in some of those years.
As the charges are written at this time, the death penalty is "on the table". I don't have the knowledge to know when the Prosecutor would have to declare the intention to seek it. IMO

You may be thinking of the Jennifer Blagg case, in which the body was found in the city landfill eight months after the murder, and it was determined that it had deliberately been intoruced into the collection system on a different date than other evidence of the crime.
It very well may be the precedent which prompted the CBI to exercise double diligence in searching the landfill in this case. IMO
I was thinking about this one as well. But I seem to recall one that took months. I did find it.

I think it would have been the opposite. If PF tole her mom they broke up on Thanksgiving that would give everyone a red flag. That's why he killed her! If he had a half of brain he would never have told anyone this.

From what we have been told by LE leading up to Thanksgiving and the day of Thanksgiving appeared normal (except for the secret solicitations and other plans going on). To KB, she was having a well-deserved holiday and running a last minute errand. I do not think KB could have broken up with PF if she left planet Earth. She may have tried or he may have made her out again to be the "bad guy" but she was never going to be able to leave him. Her death will never be, IMO, about sharing responsibilities. It is about control. "You do as I say, when I say. You will leave when I say." I really believe based on what we are seeing you don't break-up with this guy.

Good morning. ot Great news about little Casey Hathaway being found safe today!

eta Woodland Park this week

woodlandpark.jpg

No new local news this morning or last night about the WM search at the dump area here. Very cold again (21 in the Springs 7 in WP) and expected more snow and bitter cold. I hope we lean more soon.

Last edited:
IMO, KL is not working as a RN somewhere else. Her license is probably under review and it would be a really bad PR move to let her work somewhere else right now. Her name has been in the media so much that any patient could recognize her and file suit with claims of negligence or assault. I would not be surprised if her license is revoked at some point. JMO.

I certainly agree it would be difficult for her to find nursing employment right now. And I doubt if she would even want it because of the exposure. I haven’t heard if she is on leave with pay or without pay and it is possible that she has paid vacation or other days to help her income, for now.

The nursing board may be watching but they’re not going to do anything until she is convicted of a crime, and a reprimand or removal would depend on the crime (but she may have kissed her career goodbye with employers).

It usually takes licensing bureaus awhile to act and they won’t do anything based on rumor (lacking valid complaints).

All MOO

IF KB and her fiancé had broken up that morning, it doesn't make sense to me that she's making cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and having TWO conversations with her mother chit-chatting about a recipe and sounding like it was an ordinary day. Private person or not, I would expect her to be upset and I would expect her mother to pick up on that energy. IMHO.

I agree. Unless the breakup was her idea and she finally felt free and ready to start a new life. I personally don’t think she had any feelings left for the man.

From what we have been told by LE leading up to Thanksgiving and the day of Thanksgiving appeared normal (except for the secret solicitations and other plans going on). To KB, she was having a well-deserved holiday and running a last minute errand. I do not think KB could have broken up with PF if she left planet Earth. She may have tried or he may have made her out again to be the "bad guy" but she was never going to be able to leave him. Her death will never be, IMO, about sharing responsibilities. It is about control. "You do as I say, when I say. You will leave when I say." I really believe based on what we are seeing you don't break-up with this guy.
What, IF he was so brazen and naughty, on TG to appear at KB's home with KL in tow and they confronted KB with some parts of the truth (being together since 2016 etc.), demanding a discussion??
What speaks against would be, that little K was present, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth