CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Kelseys Aunt also posted the information in an earlier thread, explaining that she wanted to get the details out to truckers, and that they were on the alert. But this was very early on in the case, before she was believed to be deceased.
She did not post much after that, probably because by that time there was an active investigation. Imo
Yes, and CB asked her to remove her comment from SM, which she did. After that, Kelsey's Aunt didn't comment but once on here, I think. She later said she wasn't going to speak about the case because she had gotten in trouble before for speaking, or words to those effect. I think she regretted that her comments were put out there and many did misinterpret what she said as coming directly from KB. I think CB did not want the content of her conversation with PF made public, and that might have been at the behest of LE. MOO.

Yes, and CB asked her to remove her comment from SM, which she did. After that, Kelsey's Aunt didn't comment but once on here, I think. She later said she wasn't going to speak about the case because she had gotten in trouble before for speaking, or words to those effect. I think she regretted that her comments were put out there and many did misinterpret what she said as coming directly from KB. I think CB did not want the content of her conversation with PF made public, and that might have been at the behest of LE. MOO.
Exactly what I think. I believe PF was the source of that misinformation. No telling how many lies he's told about KB.

Good morning. ot Great news about little Casey Hathaway being found safe today!

eta Woodland Park this week

woodlandpark.jpg

No new local news this morning or last night about the WM search at the dump area here. Very cold again (21 in the Springs 7 in WP) and expected more snow and bitter cold. I hope we lean more soon.
My bones wouldn’t be able to handle that! That’s a LOT of snow and cold!

My bones wouldn’t be able to handle that! That’s a LOT of snow and cold!

Add that to the 50+ mph winds we had in the Springs last week. Truly bone chilling. IMO the weather is the reason there has been no further news about the dump site search. We need to thaw out a while. moo

Oh...........Death is the maximum sentence for Murder in the First Degree at this time, but the law has changed several times in the past three decades. Your impression that Colorado did not exercise the Death penalty is totally accurate for cases tried in some of those years.
As the charges are written at this time, the death penalty is "on the table". I don't have the knowledge to know when the Prosecutor would have to declare the intention to seek it. IMO

I thought it was 9.5 weeks after he enters his plea of guilty, not guilty, or guilty by reason of insanity. I do not have the patience to listen to the questions and answers after the charge(s) telecast but it was mentioned there.

I doubt it.

I think they have irrefutable physical evidence that indicates that she is dead, and that she was murdered in her house.

They don’t charge people for murder, without a body, as fast as they did here.
Good morning. ot Great news about little Casey Hathaway being found safe today!

eta Woodland Park this week

woodlandpark.jpg

No new local news this morning or last night about the WM search at the dump area here. Very cold again (21 in the Springs 7 in WP) and expected more snow and bitter cold. I hope we lean more soon.

So love the great news!!!

I really have to wonder at how some people feel that he somehow is in jail because he just isn’t well liked. Or he was looking a little shifty. I would imagine it’s pretty hard to arrest somebody for something like this, and charge them with murder And solicitation of murder,when there’s no body , unless you have a hell of a lot of evidence . Yes? Disclaimer: I do apologize for the run-on sentence stream of consciousness posting. It’s been a long day

I think at one point they mentioned thirty agents which I think just represented the federal portion. This is not to mention the state and local forces plus media and concerned citizens. The thirty agents are backed by a swarm of over passionate, dedicated lab rat experts (I have been both lab rat and federal investigator). The state labs and connected labs and universities are the same. The points is, their job is to find the facts of this case and document the evidence for trial. These cases frankly are literally sleepless nights not for a few days but months. This is all for the the victim, the victim's family, and their brothers and sisters of the force. Marriages end by the time many of these cases are over. These cases are not a "she said-he said". Someone's life is on the line. Homicides are physical cases. This may be combined with electronic evidence as in this case but this is a death case as indicated by law enforcement.

Or PF told Kelsey's mother, since it was reported around the time she was reported missing. He may have told her that when he told her about the text messages she sent about going away to visit family, in order to justify his not reporting her missing. Imo

I don't think it's been reported what was in the texts. This article says it was the family that thought she may have gone to visit a sick grandmother.

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
"TRI-CITIES, Wash. — Family of a Colorado mother missing since Thanksgiving want folks in Eastern Washington to be on the lookout, even as they try to figure out the circumstances around her disappearance.

They say it's a long shot, but she has family in Soap Lake, Wash. and authorities say her phone last pinged, or sent a signal, from an area near Gooding, Idaho.

The small city in south-central Idaho is on Interstate-84, and like the Tri-Cities, on the road between Woodland Park, Colorado and Soap Lake, Wash."

"There's no reason to think she intentionally is gone," said her cousin.

Kelsey was a pilot and flight instructor flying out of Pueblo, Colo.

Garretson says after learning about Kelsey's phone pinging from Idaho, the family let themselves hope.

"Her grandma isn't in good health so we thought, 'Well maybe'. In which case she could've driven right through the Tri-Cities," Garretson said."

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother

I think at one point they mentioned thirty agents which I think just represented the federal portion. This is not to mention the state and local forces plus media and concerned citizens. The thirty agents are backed by a swarm of over passionate, dedicated lab rat experts (I have been both lab rat and federal investigator). The state labs and connected labs and universities are the same. The points is, their job is to find the facts of this case and document the evidence for trial. These cases frankly are literally sleepless nights not for a few days but months. This is all for the the victim, the victim's family, and their brothers and sisters of the force. Marriages end by the time many of these cases are over. These cases are not a "she said-he said". Someone's life is on the line. Homicides are physical cases. This may be combined with electronic evidence as in this case but this is a death case as indicated by law enforcement.

Do you know if the federal gov shut down affects the federal portion of this investigation? Surely not-jmo

I don't think it's been reported what was in the texts. This article says it was the family that thought she may have gone to visit a sick grandmother.

"TRI-CITIES, Wash. — Family of a Colorado mother missing since Thanksgiving want folks in Eastern Washington to be on the lookout, even as they try to figure out the circumstances around her disappearance.

They say it's a long shot, but she has family in Soap Lake, Wash. and authorities say her phone last pinged, or sent a signal, from an area near Gooding, Idaho.

The small city in south-central Idaho is on Interstate-84, and like the Tri-Cities, on the road between Woodland Park, Colorado and Soap Lake, Wash."

"There's no reason to think she intentionally is gone," said her cousin.

Kelsey was a pilot and flight instructor flying out of Pueblo, Colo.

Garretson says after learning about Kelsey's phone pinging from Idaho, the family let themselves hope.

"Her grandma isn't in good health so we thought, 'Well maybe'. In which case she could've driven right through the Tri-Cities," Garretson said."

Right. The only thing we know about the messages is the one sent to her job indicated that she would not be coming in the following week. The one sent to her mom indicated that she was going away but we don't know the exact wording.

I'm curious what steered the authorities to a landfill.

There's a lot of open land in that neck of the woods. More, PF has been living there with his mom for 20 years and working as a farrier, driving out to other ranches. His mother also owns two other pieces of property. It seems to me that if he wanted to dump a body, he would have many options besides dumpsters (always risky) and the land fill.

Obviously the authorities know all this, too. I wonder if they found a receipt or got a tip that led them to the landfill.

We know from his Idaho phone text plans - he did put considerable thought into his plans. Fortunately it wasn’t the perfect murder he imagined it would be.
I wonder if PF didn’t think the same thing? They might expect him to bury her on family property, they would obviously expect him to throw her body off a mountain or leave in the forest ... but they would probably NEVER expect him to take her to a landfill. ???
And, it seems that he may have disposed of her body in the worst possible way - as trash - revealing his anger and his twisted way of dealing with his anger.
I’m way behind in my reading!
Do they think he buried her body and then moved it? Or that he and his workers took it to landfill after investigation began? Seems like I read something like that .. but maybe they were referring to time before investigation.
I’m wondering if KK told them that he said one time that he would throw her out like trash or something like that??

We know from his Idaho phone text plans - he did put considerable thought into his plans. Fortunately it wasn’t the perfect murder he imagined it would be.
I wonder if PF didn’t think the same thing? They might expect him to bury her on family property, they would obviously expect him to throw her body off a mountain or leave in the forest ... but they would probably NEVER expect him to take her to a landfill. ???
And, it seems that he may have disposed of her body in the worst possible way - as trash - revealing his anger and his twisted way of dealing with his anger.
I’m way behind in my reading!
Do they think he buried her body and then moved it? Or that he and his workers took it to landfill after investigation began? Seems like I read something like that .. but maybe they were referring to time before investigation.
I’m wondering if KK told them that he said one time that he would throw her out like trash or something like that??
Well, when you put it that way, it makes me wonder if he DID scare KK. On the fence about her story...

Do you know if the federal gov shut down affects the federal portion of this investigation? Surely not-jmo

Good question. In general, no. There are employees that are considered "essential" employees. Federal agents/investigators are generally essential. I have not worked under this particular shutdown but certainly others and threats of others. This is not to say all federal employees are not important; it is just, certain operations would place the country and cases and security at risk.

JMO My guess is that LE is searching the landfill for KB’s purse and, I hate to say, but possibly a murder weapon. I don’t think they are looking for her body there.

Again, MOO
I’m afraid I have to agree with this. I have a feeling it got quite gruesome. I too think they are looking for the purse or additional evidence on Sheetrock or cabinetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth