CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But....dismembering takes murder to a whole new level doesn’t it? It’s the thing horror movies are made of. And it was Thanksgiving! Does he just cut someone up and then go eat lunch at Moms? I mean, that’s just about the sickest thing I can think of. I was thinking if he planned it, and seeing as how he is likely strong and big too, he could just carry her body in a bag. But it takes time and clean up, etc to dismember her. A holiday means you can always get caught. He wouldn’t do that in front of his baby. There’s so much there that is just over the line. IMO.
I think sometimes we give these dirtbags too much credit. Lots of them kill and then have their lunch, easy peasy. No conscience. We shouldn't project our own horror at murder onto sociopaths.

Perhaps she is in protective custody. In addition to PF she has reason to be fearful of his mother and those seeking vengeance for KB. She may be working out a deal in exchange for her testimony against KB and any other perps. If not, I would still be in hiding if I were her. jmho
I wonder if LE is going to hold off on arresting KKL until after she testifies for the prosecution. Maybe that's part of their deal. I've never followed a case with an accomplice or accessory before, so I have no idea if that's typically done.

Perhaps she is in protective custody. In addition to PF she has reason to be fearful of his mother and those seeking vengeance for KB. She may be working out a deal in exchange for her testimony against KB and any other perps. If not, I would still be in hiding if I were her. jmho

What is it that you see in PF's mom that indicates anyone should be fearful?

I found the one below link where he was attempted to be interviewed by a news reporter at his gate before his arrest.

I cant find the other one where he was getting in his truck with the baby early on at his first attorneys office. It was shared in early discussions before his arrest. If you check back on the threads it may be there.

Clayton Sandell on Twitter
That was a menacing look he gave the reporter.

I wonder if LE is going to hold off on arresting KKL until after she testifies for the prosecution. Maybe that's part of their deal. I've never followed a case with an accomplice or accessory before, so I have no idea if that's typically done.
I would honestly think that is outside of the normal mode of a case but I suppose it could happen, just not likely IMO

I'm still not convinced KK is in PC. But I do wonder if her whole life didn't blow up in her face during late November-December 2018, (family, friends, PF, the murder) enough to send her to treatment for 30 days.
MOO, MOO

I have not been able to read everything on this case so apologies that I missed this, but has it been published that KK is an addict or alcoholic that she would need treatment?

Geez... Seems to me it would take a special kind of sick individual to dismember a human body, a animal dismemberment IMO is in a whole different category than someone you once loved then again we do not know the mindset of PF anything is possible at this point. The mental picture of him doing that to KB is hard to look at.
The instinct of self-preservation would override whatever else PF felt, IMO.

Could you point me to the two videos? I don't think I have seen either one. Just curious. TIA
I found the one below link where he was attempted to be interviewed by a news reporter at his gate before his arrest.

I cant find the other one where he was getting in his truck with the baby early on at his first attorneys office. It was shared in early discussions before his arrest. If you check back on the threads it may be there.

Clayton Sandell on Twitter
This is the other video where PF is seen leaving his attorney's office with Baby K.
Video: The search grows for missing Colorado mom

I can't think of a case where the arrest happens after testifying.

I personally am losing hope that she is going to be charged. I am just holding onto the hope that if she is not charged, all of my assumptions (based on MSM reporting) about her level of involvement are wrong.

If not. If she was involved to the extent I believe, it will be a travesty that she gets away with standing back and watching a beautiful young mother's life get taken away, and goes so far as to help with the cover up.

It is just taking too long, in my opinion. The only thing I can think of is that LE is holding everything so close to their chest they don't want to arrest KK yet, because the DA would have very little reason to get the arrest warrant sealed etc. Then stuff about the case leaks out. Seems like weak rationale to me, and so I am worried an arrest won't ever happen.

Y’all, it feels like January 72nd....

I apologize now for going backwards to the timeline.
IMO-I do not believe PF had days to cover up. I believe he had until the 11/25 bc there are too many MSM reports that CB requested a welfare check on that day. MSM has reported many things wrong but THIS is the one wrong thing that I believe is right. However bc social media pages have been shut down I cannot see family post.
Also this IMO is when PF got sloppy and made his mistakes bc CB contacted him on 11/25 or before inquiring about KB. One of Kelsey’s cars not missing is one mistake PF made bc IMO he ran out of time.

CarolinePolly

I still think it's possible that she has already been arrested and charged, and may have been in custody all this time and we just don't know about it.
According to an article from The Denver Post that was posted here about 10 threads ago, Colorado is one of the few states to do this.
They found that 6700 cases were hidden from public view, concealed behind judges orders that remained in effect for years. (since 2014)

I don't know how that would work in this situation since the case is obviously well known, but maybe it's possible to have kept her records hidden.

I don't know how to link it again but the article is called "Shrouded in Justice: Thousands of Colorado Cases hidden from Public View on Judges orders."
According to the article, they found 66 felony cases that remained closed to the public, including homicides.
According to The Post, " someone could be arrested, charged and convicted without anyone seeing why, how or where."

I personally am losing hope that she is going to be charged. I am just holding onto the hope that if she is not charged, all of my assumptions (based on MSM reporting) about her level of involvement are wrong.

If not. If she was involved to the extent I believe, it will be a travesty that she gets away with standing back and watching a beautiful young mother's life get taken away, and goes so far as to help with the cover up.

It is just taking too long, in my opinion. The only thing I can think of is that LE is holding everything so close to their chest they don't want to arrest KK yet, because the DA would have very little reason to get the arrest warrant sealed etc. Then stuff about the case leaks out. Seems like weak rationale to me, and so I am worried an arrest won't ever happen.
This makes the most sense to me - LE has been playing their cards close to the chest, even more so than they usually do in these cases.

Y’all, it feels like January 72nd....

I apologize now for going backwards to the timeline.
IMO-I do not believe PF had days to cover up. I believe he had until the 11/25 bc there are too many MSM reports that CB requested a welfare check on that day. MSM has reported many things wrong but THIS is the one wrong thing that I believe is right. However bc social media pages have been shut down I cannot see family post.
Also this IMO is when PF got sloppy and made his mistakes bc CB contacted him on 11/25 or before inquiring about KB. One of Kelsey’s cars not missing is one mistake PF made bc IMO he ran out of time.

CarolinePolly
That's a great observation, CarolinePolly! PF didn't know how much time he had to cover up. CB could have called LE at any time after 11/22. Her employer, Doss Aviation, could have sent someone to do a wellness check also, because it wasn't like her to text in for a week off. So he probably did most of what he planned to do Thanksgiving day, handed the phone off to KKL and went about his business, trying to act like everything was normal.

(nodding emphatically) j-mac. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes to all of your points above.

It is a source of real aggravation that Lady Justice is likely only going to administer a light slap on the cheek to KK. Whilst wearing the kid gloves.

IMAYO. (= In My and Your Opinions)

Last edited:
Maybe KK has been charged and released to house arrest, if she has agreed to be a witness and cooperate. Maybe that info is part of the sealed documents that LE didn't want PF to see in the beginning and is still sealed to the public. Just a thought? Moo

That's a great observation, CarolinePolly! PF didn't know how much time he had to cover up. CB could have called LE at any time after 11/22. Her employer, Doss Aviation, could have sent someone to do a wellness check also, because it wasn't like her to text in for a week off. So he probably did most of what he planned to do Thanksgiving day, handed the phone off to KKL and went about his business, trying to act like everything was normal.
Delete: my question was answered

It seemed that early on, at least, LE thought there might be more than just KK and PF involved.

PF allegedly threatened KK's children. The arrest affidavit was sealed - not usual practice. After all, how is the defense supposed to prepare if they don't even know what he's charged with? IIRC, after PF's attorneys complained, the attorneys got a copy of the affidavit. It isn't even clear if PF has been allowed to see it. The reason for this was supposedly for the protection of witnesses.

If PF is behind bars, no bail, and the only 'witness' we know about right now is KK, then who would be the threat? What third person did LE think might be out there and be a threat to KK or her kids? Something in the affidavit apparently must have hinted who that person is.

If that unnamed third person is still out there, then LE may very well have told KK that she and her kids need to disappear for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991