CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random, but I finally realized what it was about the lawyer statements that bother me. It's that the lawyer twice has referred to the little girl as (paraphrasing slightly) "the child he shares with Ms. Berreth."

It's... Impersonal. And doesn't show an active relationship otherwise, wouldn't it just be "their daughter" ?

No. Not at all. HE gets to say where the baby goes.

Wow. Even in a scenario where the father was charged with the mother of the child's murder? HE would still get to say?

Out of pure hypothetical interest, what if there were a scenario where members of the father's immediate family had also been placed under arrest, and therefore the closest immediate family to the baby was the mother's parents?

Oh not in our experience here at websleuths. And not in my experience as an attorney. That's just not true. GPS sometimes yes. Sometimes phone companies will quickly play ball in an emergency.

But other stuff like actual phone/text records are time consuming and hard to get. Phone companies are squirrelly about releasing such data without a proper warrant.
May not be typical but discussed with him last night. There was an amber alert in our area as the context.

Wow. Even in a scenario where the father was charged with the mother of the child's murder? HE would still get to say?

Out of pure hypothetical interest, what if there were a scenario where members of the father's immediate family had also been placed under arrest, and therefore the closest immediate family to the baby was the mother's parents?

Just being arrested won't terminate his parental rights.

Just being arrested won't terminate his parental rights.

What if he is in jail and she made a will stating that she wanted her parents to have custody if neither she nor the child's father can look after the child?

{edited for clarity}

The truck being towed must mean it was specified in the warrant - so they must have some information from someone or the phone or something that is leading them - it does not strike me as a "let's look for everything to rule him out" type search IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28