CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #48 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a post a few before this one about where I had read that the man who gave PF his last name may not be his birth father. I can't find it, now, If I do find it I will share.

Concerning the DNA kit from Ancestry, Does Ancestry do sibling dna tests? Some people want to know if they are full siblings or half. Could PF have spoke to KB about it and she got the test for him to verify?

I made a post a few before this one about where I had read that the man who gave PF his last name may not be his birth father. I can't find it, now, If I do find it I will share.

If you find it, great; if not, don't stress. Clearly there is little out there for facts as to his father, etc. PF was the youngest is that correct?

Earlier on, I read that he had a relationship with his father and he was still alive living nearby; then some weeks later I read that the father was dead. Both things were posted here.

If you find it, great; if not, don't stress. Clearly there is little out there for facts as to his father, etc. PF was the youngest is that correct?

Earlier on, I read that he had a relationship with his father and he was still alive living nearby; then some weeks later I read that the father was dead. Both things were posted here.
DaveF seemed to know a lot about the dad. He said he was in the
Air Force when he and SF were divorced and RF stayed in
Colorado Spgs. in a home they owned before moving to the ranch.
Yes, supposedly PF was 12 when they divorced but the dad could
have been deployed and away from home a lot.

It's my understanding RF, PF's father passed in August 2018, but , no one can find an obit. I think PF is the youngest of SF's children. Weird things happening here. It is in the search warrant that RF estate receipts were found, I wonder if there is a date on that info. Going searching now!

The info I'm looking for is from way back near the beginning of this. I do remember reading that PF's father signed over the ranch to SF in their divorce. And I believe their divorce was when PF was around 12 yrs old.

I read that as well. It sounds like a good place for a property record search/register of deeds, etc. It is about PF, his life and where he lived, who with, etc.

Required reading for all people is a book I came across researching....Confessions of a Sociopath by ME Thomas. I listened to this book, then passed it on to our 3 boys, one of whom was dating a really sketch gal. It was bonechilling and informative. They lurk among the vulnerable.

"They lurk among the vulnerable."

That they do! I think the best defense is a good offense with them. STRONG, be strong.

Although I think that may have been the case too, I don't think we know that. Last I heard it was a poinsettia plant. KB also had cookie cutters out, etc. It may have been for her own townhouse for Christmas... Yet I also wonder if they were for "ma"...
Yes, I think she was already getting into the Christmas spirit, buying a plant for her house, getting ready to make cookies, and talking to her mom about getting a Christmas tree.
She had told her mom just that morning that she was spending thanksgiving with PF and the baby, and that the three of them were going out to dinner.
PF told her mom after the murder that they had gone out to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I don't think he would have invited her to his house for Thanksgiving as that would have placed Kelsey there on the day of the murder. Imo

An early interview of some locals in ofc camp had revealed these false rumors long ago. I'm glad they made it into the show
Edit for auto correct.....ofc should be PF's

It's my understanding RF, PF's father passed in August 2018, but , no one can find an obit. I think PF is the youngest of SF's children. Weird things happening here. It is in the search warrant that RF estate receipts were found, I wonder if there is a date on that info. Going searching now!
OMG I didn't know the father passed Aug. 2018, that's the date of
the article about the drowning that I can't discuss again. I haven't
found an Obituary either. I think there is a construction co. in
Col. Spgs. w/ same last name.

If she were in an inpatient treatment plan, she would have been in a facility. So no, she wasn't in an inpatient treatment plan. After what came out about PF's assault in the hospital and the baby being removed from the both of them until child services could determine he was safe, I'm wondering if there was mandatory counseling ordered as a term of condition or if the child advocate suggested to KB that she receive counseling based on what they had observed with PF.
They had to prove, if KB had been assaulted (until the pair got their child back) - and I don't wonder about that, when I hear, little K was born 3 weeks early. Maybe indeed, PF had KB abused in one way or the other and therefor little K was born before her time. IMO A very strong start into their life as parents/baby daughter.

And KK said she thought PF may have killed before........

Yes, I think she was already getting into the Christmas spirit, buying a plant for her house, getting ready to make cookies, and talking to her mom about getting a Christmas tree.
She had told her mom just that morning that she was spending thanksgiving with PF and the baby, and that the three of them were going out to dinner.
PF told her mom after the murder that they had gone out to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I don't think he would have invited her to his house for Thanksgiving as that would have placed Kelsey there on the day of the murder. Imo

I kind of have a mixed opinion. He may have said to KB help me do chores, that will make ma happy, let me talk to her and see if she will "let" you come for dinner and if not, I will spend the day with you and baby and I will take you out for dinner. Or, it may just have been a plan for the 3 of them and KB as you said getting into the holiday spirit at her own house. I also think possibly he played that game to KB but had no intention of asking ma because he had fed the bs about KB to ma of how bad she was... There are so many lies in this case I am a bit undecided on this part... I could see it either way or him telling her one thing and others another which was his way in life...

August 2018 was allegedly when murdering KB was first broached to KK...

Edited an accidental partial quote that was included inadvertently.

BBM:
I couldn't agree more. To that point:

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 16 - :: Criminal Proceedings :: Code of Criminal Procedure :: Article 10 - :: Jury Trials :: Part 1 - :: Composition and Selection of the Jury :: § 16-10-104. Peremptory challenges

So, the linked statute actually makes another argument for the DA going for the Death Penalty (as if we needed more reasons to stick a needle in PF's arm).

In capital cases in CO, both sides are allowed 10 peremptory challenges; in all other cases, they only get 5.

I think DA Dan may want to give himself those 10 peremptory challenges to allow himself to build a rock solid jury. 5 challenges may not be enough to weed out all the suspected nitwits.

The jury composition is going to be critical in this case.
DA Dan needs to load that puppy up with working professionals.
12 engineers and/or IT managers would be absolutely golden.

Use those peremptory challenges wisely!
Strike anyone off who watches The Lifetime Channel and/or reads Silhouette Romances.

There's no margin for error in the jury selection.
All it takes is that one fruit loop who trusts their "feelings" more than facts to derail the process.

Keeping fingers crossed Dan May makes the call to pursue the DP.

JMO.
Just a heads' up, Colo is on a stop the DP mission as we speak, I really think the DP won't be discussed. We haven't dp'd anyone in 20 years anyway

That is exactly what RS sounds like to me from what we have heard to date. I think many of us know the type or have met one or two in our lives.... The type that is anything but salt of the earth and modest but have to "be" somebody...

I think PF had a private atty originally and maybe someone like that paid for him. Then I think he switched to a public defender, did not hire someone he already had but I could be wrong.
When PF got the public defender, I assume he had to fill out a form stating his assets. I wonder if that paper is public information. PF and KK owned a horse together, I wonder what else they owned together.

Just a heads' up, Colo is on a stop the DP mission as we speak, I really think theP t won't be discussed. We haven't dp'd anyone in 20 years anyway

Understood.

Fortunately, the DP hasn't been repealed in CO yet.

There are reasons to pursue the DP regardless of COs reluctance to carry it out, including the increased number of peremptory challenges allowed for DP cases.

JMO.

Last edited:
When PF got the public defender, I assume he had to fill out a form stating his assets. I wonder if that paper is public information. PF and KK owned a horse together, I wonder what else they owned together.

It may vary in different states, but I have seen people with assets get a public defender and victims upset about it. I don't know that they treat assets like income? Again it may vary though by state. PF and KK owned a horse. PF owned cattle. PF and KB owned a car. One would think they would have to use up their assets first before qualifying for a PD but I don't think it works that way. At least not in some states... jmo from the little bit I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flint80