CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #48 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see dirt. It's a rodeo. Proud Papa PF holding his baby.

BTW where are the photos of KB doing things with baby K? CB has only released the birth 3-some photo, the staged portrait photos of herself with KB and baby K from October 2018, and the one of CB holding the baby on the plane wing. It's just odd that a new first-time Mom like KB didn't take tons of photos of the baby and herself doing things. I suppose CB controls what gets released?
Perhaps PF has her pictures. Many people use their phone to take and store photos. We know what happened to her phone, don't we?

Land, property, assets.
MOO
I'm wondering if any of those people interviewed last night, who blatantly lied (I'm speaking of CC here), can be sued for libel or slander.

If so, I would love to see that happen!

Can a deceased persons estate or family sue for libel or…

"Can a deceased persons estate or family sue for libel or slanderl?

Absolutely not. The civil tort of defamation of character, or libel or slander, can only affect the living. Once someone is deceased, their reputation is no longer something that can be saved or defended. Therefore the deceased person's estate or family cannot sue about statements made about someone who is no longer living."

Searching around, rules may vary by state. An estate can sue if the libel or slander began before the death.

Also, medical records have not been introduced, might be part of the case if this goes to full trial. So no one really knows. JMO

Here are some things that stood out to me about the Dateline episode:
(1) Baby K didn't like the cinnamon rolls and wanted Honey Nut Cheerios.
(2) Talk of recipes - we knew about the dip, now we learn that KB was going to make PF a sweet potato casserole. Certainly doesn't sound like they were broken up.
(3) Sonic workers knew KK came in with PF to get coffee. They were familiar enough with him to recognize him and notice who was with him. They recognized her without him, too.
(4) PF put the gas and oil into the plastic tote. How far away was KK when she saw this but didn't see the body?
(5) I have no sympathy for KK but after hearing what the former gf and her mom had to say, I can see how much of a manipulator PF is. It's still impossible for me to fathom how KK could be pushed into doing what she did. I would like to believe that if I was in that situation, I'd go to the police.
(6) The whole case is going to hinge on KK's testimony, even though she is a proven liar. Hopefully, enough of her story pans out to put him in prison for life.

I finally watched --Great summary, thank you!

Regarding #3 - Sonic workers knew KK came in with PF to get coffee.

This is the part in Dateline that is built up by narrator as investigators coming to Sonic inquiring about "the blonde girl" and/or who's the "mystery blond?" I agree the mystery blond girl here refers to KK.

Just to clarify, seeing several posts asking "what blond girl?" or "who's the blond?" being answered as "blond girl is KB's cousin, Jody G." Yes, KB cousin is blond, and also appears in Episode but she wasn't the mystery blond narrator referring to.

#4 PF put gas and oil into the plastic tote.

From the AA, PF put the black plastic tote, gas and oil inside a 100 gallon trough. I don't recall it ever stated or written that PF opened the tote in front of KK, or that PF put gas and oil inside the tote. Eeeek, where did that come from? :eek:

Any chance Dateline will do another follow up show? Do they normally in cases such as this?
Dateline may do a followup, generally after the trial is over, certainly may do the March 8th show as a rerun. NBC news will certainly do news reports if major developments happen (find her bones, trial highlights, pleas, etc.) More arrests?

Someone in that house knows whose teeth those are.

Can a deceased persons estate or family sue for libel or…

"Can a deceased persons estate or family sue for libel or slanderl?

Absolutely not. The civil tort of defamation of character, or libel or slander, can only affect the living. Once someone is deceased, their reputation is no longer something that can be saved or defended. Therefore the deceased person's estate or family cannot sue about statements made about someone who is no longer living."

Searching around, rules may vary by state. An estate can sue if the libel or slander began before the death.

Also, medical records have not been introduced, might be part of the case if this goes to full trial. So no one really knows. JMO

BBM. Interesting since PF started what looks like false statements before her death, long before. Of course what is someone going to sue him for? He is a mama's boy without a pot to p*** in. CC's repeated statements as current as last night on Dateline stem from before KB's death of what PF told him and by now he should have a clue... And there is national TV footage of it. I do not think her family is the type to go after such things but if they want to, they should check into it and get some legal advice. This defamation of character started long before her death... And I am still ticked at third party accusations on Dateline. And continuing after her death is disgusting, despicable, etc. It has been said by LE that she was not in treatment for alcoholism but CC got on Dateline and said so.

I actually felt CC and his wife were probably decent but naive people who were just loyally standing by someone they (thought they) knew. Until last night....

Did KK work the day before TG? I'm thinking about her staying up to help him with the cattle, basically all night. They must have had the baby with them, although that makes no sense to me. I wonder if she was with SF until KB took PF the stomach meds and KB picked her up then. In any case, KB had the baby with her at Safeway and up until PF killed KB and took the baby. No wonder KB suffered with exhaustion and anxiety.
I'm pretty sure KB had the baby with her and told her mom that she and the baby got home at 4:00 am. Maybe the baby was asleep the whole time. Imo

I finally watched --Great summary, thank you!

Regarding #3 - Sonic workers knew KK came in with PF to get coffee.

This is the part in Dateline that is built up by narrator as investigators coming to Sonic inquiring about "the blonde girl" and/or who's the "mystery blond?" I agree the mystery blond girl here refers to KK.

Just to clarify, seeing several posts asking "what blond girl?" or "who's the blond?" being answered as "blond girl is KB's cousin, Jody G." Yes, KB cousin is blond, and also appears in Episode but she wasn't the mystery blond narrator referring to.

#4 PF put gas and oil into the plastic tote.

From the AA, PF put the black plastic tote, gas and oil inside a 100 gallon trough. I don't recall it ever stated or written that PF opened the tote in front of KK, or that PF put gas and oil inside the tote. Eeeek, where did that come from? :eek:

Yes, the blonde girl, KB's cousin, I think some were just identifying her being interviewed, but the blonde girl talked about in regard to Sonic and being with PF, yes, I think that is referring to KK.

The gas and oil in the tote was from Dateline, about the 37 minute mark. I don't know if that is just the reporter's interpretation or if it is in the transcript of KK's interview.

I'm pretty sure KB had the baby with her and told her mom that she and the baby got home at 4:00 am. Maybe the baby was asleep the whole time. Imo
That's what it sounds like. Maybe this keeping women awake is all part of his control thing, the gf now in prison said he wouldn't talk to her for days then call in the middle of the night with "visions of her in a wedding dress." What a load of crap!
ETA MOO.

Small towns don’t accept or like “outsiders” which KB was.

PF was a home town boy. He was probably one of the more handsome cowboys in the area. He could tell whatever story (lie) about KB and be believed.

Few people saw PF and KB together and even fewer people had met her. Just the way PF wanted it.

All of this to say PF thought laws did not apply to him as he expected to get by with this murder. Who would look for KB, an out-of-towner who just left town?
Fortunately these Derps didn't see Mama Berreth coming,( even combined they are no match for her). They also didn't foresee that the FBI,and CBI would get involved.

There are still a few things about KK's story that just don't add up.
1. she's a nurse and would have needed to apply for that time off during the Thanksgiving day week far in advance. For her to claim he called her out of the blue and told her she needed to clean up the mess doesn't add up. He must have known she had that time off and she must have put in a request to get those days off. Her job is not the kind you can just take time off whenever you feel like it, especially on holidays.
2. KK claims that PF contracted for her to kill KB because she had access to drugs like ambien, etc. Thing is, PF's mother still holds her nursing license and would have been able to get the meds and he wouldn't have had to go outside the family to get the help he claimed he needed. Additionally, it would have been much easier for him to use whatever he had on hand as a farrier.
3. KK claims that she did attempt to carry out the poisoning by giving KB a coffee laced with poison, but couldn't do it. However, the two weren't friends and it makes no sense that KB would accept a coffee from a complete stranger. If some woman knocked on your door and introduced herself as a new neighbor, had a starbucks coffee with her and offered it to you, would you take it? I know I wouldn't. I'm sure they must have met before, seeing as KK and PF were carrying on an affair for months KK must have travelled to see him. During those travels doesn't it make sense that KK was working to gain KB's trust by befriending her? I mean how was KK planning to bludgeon KB to death, knock on her door carrying a metal pipe, smile and say "hey I know you don't know me and I'm carrying this metal pipe, but can I come in and be your new friend"?
4. KK cleaned up KB's home. Trust me, if someone asked me to clean up the home of some stranger I had never met I'd be hard pressed to make that home look like nothing had happened. KK said that home scene was brutal, yet she knew enough about the layout of that home to make it appear to KB's family that the home was normal. Furniture was where it was supposed to be, knicknacks where they should be, pictures on the walls, chairs, plants, etc. How would KK know what goes where if she hadn't been in that home before?
I think there's more to the story than we're hearing or KK is still lying because there are things that still don't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flint80