CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #52 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure will be interesting to see what the defense brings to the table.
jmo
Typically, the defense attorney for any defendant with a mountain of evidence against him or her tries to "poke holes" in individual pieces of evidence. Take for example, the OJ Simpson trial, where the skilled, flamboyant defense attorney, Johnny Cochran, suggested that the DNA was contaminated by a racist investigator and that the glove found at the scene did not fit OJ's hand. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!" (Theatrical, but it worked.) I expect that the defense attorney will start by saying that LE targeted PF from the beginning and never followed up on other leads. Next, s/he will say that PF is/was a loving, doting father who was very much involved in little K's life and very concerned for her well-being. S/he will then try to characterize KB as an absent mother. His/her biggest challenge will be discrediting KKL. Perhaps s/he will say that KKL is lying; that she is a delusional former girlfriend who wanted PF even though he had moved on.

MOO

Typically, the defense attorney for any defendant with a mountain of evidence against him or her tries to "poke holes" in individual pieces of evidence. Take for example, the OJ Simpson trial, where the skilled, flamboyant defense attorney, Johnny Cochran, suggested that the DNA was contaminated by a racist investigator and that the glove found at the scene did not fit OJ's hand. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!" (Theatrical, but it worked.) I expect that the defense attorney will start by saying that LE targeted PF from the beginning and never followed up on other leads. Next, s/he will say that PF is/was a loving, doting father who was very much involved in little K's life and very concerned for her well-being. S/he will then try to characterize KB as an absent mother. His/her biggest challenge will be discrediting KKL. Perhaps s/he will say that KKL is lying; that she is a delusional former girlfriend who wanted PF even though he had moved on.

MOO
Kapua, good post.

I must say OJ had some things going for him before the trial started.
He was a former football player, well loved by sports enthusiasts and very popular among his peers in LA. No one really wanted to convict him.

Nothing was known really about DNA at that time and the prosecution made sure everyone was confused. I believe they dragged this case out because they were on national TV. And let’s not forget his judge.

And of course, he had the best attorneys money could buy. Finally, as I said before, the jury wanted this man to go free.

PF has none of that going for him. He does, on the other hand, have an excellent defense attorney. CO provides good attorneys for those who cannot afford one. He has friends in high places and wealthy friends.

He does have KKL testifying against him. Her testimony will be shredded. But as I have said over and over, all roads lead to PF. We will see what the defense can do and how strong the DAs case is when trial starts.

It should be a good trial to follow. Hoping that is sooner rather than later.

MOO

Great post! I agree, and disagree. First, there will be an extensive period of the trial in which the prosecution dissects every imaginable facet of KB's life to prove that she is no longer doing any of it, and therefore is deceased. Unless new evidence causes a Colorado certificate of death is issued prior to trial, that is mandatory. The defense won't have to add anything to it, but may occasionally try to elicit more detail on cross or redirect. The picture will be what it will be. Second, PF being a loving, doting father is absolutely essential to the prosecution theory of motive. The defense won't touch that with a ten foot pole. Third, you are absolutely correct, in my mind.......the defense will poke strategic holes in the evidence. All of the questions asked by Adam Steigerwald in the cause hearing forecast this strategy. As far as KKL's testimony, the prosecution has to live with it, for better or worse. The defense is free to cross examine and redirect. That's the legal system at work. They are even free to say "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." but I doubt they will feel the need to be that flamboyant. IMO

I have gone back through all of thread 39 of the KB set, which are the Tweets from the February 19, 2019 cause hearing, picking out the items of evidence that reporters cited as being introduced as evidence. Some of the sequential evidence item numbers are quoted in the tweets, which made it easier to compile a complete list, which is below. There are four major items missing, which do not seem to me to have been introduced. They were mentioned, but not introduced as evidence.
Those four items are:
1. all four photos of PF and KB’s trucks passing Williams Log Cabin Furniture on 11/22/2018
2. the picture of the man in the white shirt standing at KB’s condo door at 3:30 pm on 11/22/2018
3. the picture of KKL at Sonic on 11/24/2018
4. the picture of PF and KKL together at the Conoco in Florissant on 11/24/2018 (some tweeters reported the testimony as it being a photo of MG’s black car)
Any help you have is welcomed. Thank you!

Exhibits introduced Feb 19, 2019:
1. Still photo of KB entering Safeway with KF at 12;05 pm on 11/22/2018 , from store surveillance camera.
2. DVD of PF’s phone interview with Officer Beth Huber on 12/3/2018.
3. Still photo of KB, PF, KF and a poinsettia at condo door at 1:34 pm on 11/22/2018, from neighbors surveillance camera.
4. Still photo from surveillance camera of PF at Conoco in Florissant at 4:30 pm on 11/24/2018, from gas station surveillance camera, filling his truck tank and then a five gallon can.
5. Still photo from surveillance video at Ent FCU Drive-up, showing PF sitting in truck at Drive-up ATM at12:44 to 12:50 pm on 11/22/2018.
6. Still photo from surveillance video at Ent FCU Drive-up, showing black tote in back of truck at 12:44 to 12:50 pm on 11/22/2018. Ed.Note: Judge Sells said he could only see black in the back of the truck, and could not see the black tote that was described.
7. Still photo of lower front of toilet bowl in the condo (not dated).
8. Still photo of refrigerator in condo that appears to have white marks (not dated).
9. Still photo of doorknob in condo that appears to have blood stain on it (not dated).
10. Still photo of two red barns at Nash Ranch taken 12/21/2018
11. Still photo of a discolored bale of hay at Nash Ranch taken 12/21/2018
12.Still photo of a tractor at Nash Ranch used to hoist the black tote, taken of 12/21/2018
13 thru 30. Still photos taken inside KB’s condo 12/15/2018

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*

Last edited:
You did it with class. :cool:

I was thinking, LE has all the voice messages, text from PF phone and any social media that I have not seen. Did he not have a Facebook page e-mails? There is still all that. KB had a computer?

LE asked for PF's FB in SW 18-116 Dated 14 Dec 2018, they asked for more FB data with SW 19-11 dated 5 February 2018. Both were promptly returned by FB with the information requested.

LE took possession of KB's computer on 3 December 2018, but it was also included in SW 18-106 dated December 2018 for the search of her condo and all of it's contents. They requested KB's FB in SW 19-10 dated 18 Jan 2018.
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee

I have gone back through all of thread 39 of the KB set, which are the Tweets from the February 19, 2019 cause hearing, picking out the items of evidence that reporters cited as being introduced as evidence. Some of the sequential evidence item numbers are quoted in the tweets, which made it easier to compile a complete list, which is below. There are four major items missing, which do not seem to me to have been introduced. They were mentioned, but not introduced as evidence.
Those four items are:
1. all four photos of PF and KB’s trucks passing Williams Log Cabin Furniture on 11/22/2018
2. the picture of the man in the white shirt standing at KB’s condo door at 3:30 pm on 11/22/2018
4. the picture of PF and KKL together at the Conoco in Florissant on 11/24/2018 (some tweeters reported the testimony as it being a photo of MG’s black car)

1. Still photo of KB entering Safeway with KF at 12;05 pm on 11/22/2018 , from store surveillance camera.
3. Still photo of KB, PF, KF and a poinsettia at condo door at 1:34 pm on 11/22/2018, from neighbors surveillance camera.
4. Still photo from surveillance camera of PF at Conoco in Florissant at 4:30 pm on 11/24/2018, from gas station surveillance camera, filling his truck tank and then a five gallon can.
5. Still photo from surveillance video at Ent FCU Drive-up, showing PF sitting in truck at Drive-up ATM at12:44 to 12:50 pm on 11/22/2018.
6. Still photo from surveillance video at Ent FCU Drive-up, showing black tote in back of truck at 12:44 to 12:50 pm on 11/22/2018. Ed.Note: Judge Sells said he could only see black in the back of the truck, and could not see the black tote that was described.
8. Still photo of refrigerator in condo that appears to have white marks (not dated).
9. Still photo of doorknob in condo that appears to have blood stain on it (not dated).
12.Still photo of a tractor at Nash Ranch used to hoist the black tote, taken of 12/21/2018

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*
Thanks Dave. Good work. I hope there is more than this. Can prosecution have a lot more that wasn’t yet introduced as evidence? Surely they do!

Until PF formally enters a plea, the case is still in the investigative phase. LE and or the Prosecutors office could certainly be adding evidence. IMO

I do hope then that LE are still investigating KKL and haven’t wrapped up any portion of the investigation.

And I am sure defense investigators are culling through everything as well.

ETA: I haven’t been this interested in a case since the Anthony case or the Arias case. I am anxious to see how the trial goes.

Those four items are:

Dave, I'm pretty sure 2. the picture of the man in the white shirt standing at KB’s condo door at 3:30 pm on 11/22/2018 was disallowed by the judge as he couldn't tell if the person was coming or going. Although it could be PF as he checked out of Walmart at 3:15 pm.

Do any of you do this too? I have a short list of names on my phone task list of people who are missing. Every day, or at least every few days, on the train ride home, I check online (various places) to see if they’ve been found. Why? I don’t know. The disappearing and never being found terrifies and saddens me. These poor people. I remember the few days when I was stunned to see a headline one had been found. I know that Kelsey won’t be found alive, but it’s weirdly frustrating to me she can’t be located. Maybe one day.:(

Do any of you do this too? I have a short list of names on my phone task list of people who are missing. Every day, or at least every few days, on the train ride home, I check online (various places) to see if they’ve been found. Why? I don’t know. The disappearing and never being found terrifies and saddens me. These poor people. I remember the few days when I was stunned to see a headline one had been found. I know that Kelsey won’t be found alive, but it’s weirdly frustrating to me she can’t be located. Maybe one day.:(

I check every day too. To see if she’s been found. I have words for PF that I can’t say here.

Dave, I'm pretty sure 2. the picture of the man in the white shirt standing at KB’s condo door at 3:30 pm on 11/22/2018 was disallowed by the judge as he couldn't tell if the person was coming or going. Although it could be PF as he checked out of Walmart at 3:15 pm.

I agree, I remember that being discussed. I don't see it now in the reporter's tweets on Thread 39.

Another minor point: KB's computer was seized as evidence in SW 18-103 dated 3 Dec 2018.

Also, SW 180108 dated 3 Dec 2018 authorized the seizure of PF's phone, which was signed by an El Paso county judge on 7 Dec 2018, and execution was by Cmdr C. Adams on 12 December 2019.
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee

Last edited:
The search warrants are made more difficult to search on the Courts website because they are not in sequence, and not identified by subject matter. This brief list may help in searches for specific information:

Search Warrants in Numerical Order

The numbering system appears to be the WPPD general file number, so missing numbers in the sequence could have been used for warrants in other investigations.

18-103 3 December 2018 KB’s computer
18-104 4 December 2018 Search KB’s Toyota car in impound
18-106 6 December 2018 KB’s Condo search
18-107 6 December 2018 Test for blood in bathroom
18-108 3 December 2018 PF’s phone
18-109 17 December 2018 PF’s DNA swabs & full body photographs
18-111 14 December 2018 Search PF’s residence
18-112 13 December 2018 2nd Search PF’s residence
18-113 13 December 2018 PF’s records Ent FCU
18-115 14 December 2018 PF’s Gmail account and Google searches
18-116 14 December 2018 PF’s FB
18-117 19 December 2018 KKL’s Verizon e-mail account
18-118 17 December 2018 PF’s Gmail account (Google)
18-119 17 December 2018 KKL’s Gmail account (Google)
18-120 18 December 2018 Swiffer mop & bleach bottle taken from PF’s
19-01 2 January 2019 KKL’s cell phone activity from 4-12 to 12-4-18
19-02 3 January 2019 PF’s cell phone activity from 4-12 to 12-4-2018
19-03 8 January 2019 KB’s cell phone activity from 4-12 to 12-4-2018
19-04 7 January 2019 PF’s Ent FCU records from 10-5 to 12-11-2018
19-05 7 January 2019 KB’s Ent FCU records from 10-5 to 12-11-2018
19-10 18 January 2019 KB’s FB messaging from 10-5 to 12-21-2018
19-11 5 February 2019 PF’s FB messaging from 10-5 to 12-21-2018

Yes, I do this. Unfortunately my list isn’t very short: Deorr Kunz, Jr., Pearl Pinson, Krystal Rogers, William Ellis Rosa, Bianca Carrasco, Genna VanGelderen, Danielle Stislicki...so many others. My list also includes those whose remains have been found but are still awaiting justice.

Yes, I do this. Unfortunately my list isn’t very short: Deorr Kunz, Jr., Pearl Pinson, Krystal Rogers, William Ellis Rosa, Bianca Carrasco, Genna VanGelderen, Danielle Stislicki...so many others. My list also includes those whose remains have been found but are still awaiting justice.

Deorr. Poor little Deorr...that one hurts my heart.

I've silently followed that thread.

Thank you for mentioning him.

The search warrants are made more difficult to search on the Courts website because they are not in sequence, and not identified by subject matter. This brief list may help in searches for specific information:

Search Warrants in Numerical Order

The numbering system appears to be the WPPD general file number, so missing numbers in the sequence could have been used for warrants in other investigations.

18-103 3 December 2018 KB’s computer
18-104 4 December 2018 Search KB’s Toyota car in impound
18-106 6 December 2018 KB’s Condo search
18-107 6 December 2018 Test for blood in bathroom
18-108 3 December 2018 PF’s phone
18-109 17 December 2018 PF’s DNA swabs & full body photographs
18-111 14 December 2018 Search PF’s ranksesidence
18-112 13 December 2018 2nd Search PF’s residence
18-113 13 December 2018 PF’s records Ent FCU
18-115 14 December 2018 PF’s Gmail account and Google searches
18-116 14 December 2018 PF’s FB
18-117 19 December 2018 KKL’s Verizon e-mail account
18-118 17 December 2018 PF’s Gmail account (Google)
18-119 17 December 2018 KKL’s Gmail account (Google)
18-120 18 December 2018 Swiffer mop & bleach bottle taken from PF’s
19-01 2 January 2019 KKL’s cell phone activity from 4-12 to 12-4-18
19-02 3 January 2019 PF’s cell phone activity from 4-12 to 12-4-2018
19-03 8 January 2019 KB’s cell phone activity from 4-12 to 12-4-2018
19-04 7 January 2019 PF’s Ent FCU records from 10-5 to 12-11-2018
19-05 7 January 2019 KB’s Ent FCU records from 10-5 to 12-11-2018
19-10 18 January 2019 KB’s FB messaging from 10-5 to 12-21-2018
19-11 5 February 2019 PF’s FB messaging from 10-5 to 12-21-2018
Thanks again Dave. You always provide great information,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members