CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you attempting to undermine CB1's credibility by bringing up a really old article?

CB1 had no knowledge or surveillance camera to assume it was PF who sent her a text. It is a fact that it was KK who had possession 9f KB's phone and it is KK who sent the "fragment" text to CB1. In the texts shown in the SWs, PF mostly writes in full sentences, too, and KB texted "OK. We're home" which some might consider a fragment.
BBM:

I don't understand how or why you're drawing that conclusion based on what the poster shared.
The article the poster quoted in no way, shape, manner or form undermine's CB's credibility.

The article quoted indicates that it was police who initially thought KB may have killed herself.
This was due to PF attempting to plant that seed with LE.

CB is the one who, as the article quoted states, "insisted her daughter's disappearance was suspicious."

The article also states that CB is the one who was tipped off to the alleged ploy because her daughter never wrote in fragmented sentences."

The article really highlights the fact that CB is the hero in this whole tragedy.

I think that's the point the OP was trying to make in her post.

At least, that was my takeaway from it.

JMO.

Last edited:
Are you attempting to undermine CB1's credibility by bringing up a really old article?

CB1 had no knowledge or surveillance camera to assume it was PF who sent her a text. It is a fact that it was KK who had possession 9f KB's phone and it is KK who sent the "fragment" text to CB1. In the texts shown in the SWs, PF mostly writes in full sentences, too, and KB texted "OK. We're home" which some might consider a fragment.
Why are you angry with me??

I'm not undermining CB.

I found an interesting article and posted it. The article is a March 2019 updated, the article is not that old.

BBM:

I don't understand how or why you're drawing that conclusion based on what the poster shared.

The article the poster quoted in no way, shape, manner or form undermine's CB's credibility.

The article quoted indicates that it was police who initially thought KB may have killed herself.
This was due to PF attempting to plant that seed with LE.

CB is the one who, as the article quoted states, "insisted her daughter's disappearance was suspicious."

The article also states that CB is the one who was tipped off to the alleged ploy because her daughter never wrote in fragmented sentences."

The article really highlights the fact that CB is the hero in this whole tragedy.

I think that's the point the OP was trying to make in her post.

At least, that was my takeaway from it.

JMO.
Thank you...you are correct.

So, went back through some old articles and it looks like the story about going out to eat on Thanksgiving Day was a lie that PF told CB after KB went missing:

Kelsey Berreth's parents claim Patrick Frazee killed Berreth over custody dispute, court documents state
On Dec. 2, after not being able to reach Kelsey, Cheryl-Lee Berreth called Frazee to inquire about her daughter. The filing claims Frazee made multiple “false statements” during the phone conversation including:
  • Frazee and Kelsey broke up on or about Thanksgiving Day;
  • Frazee and Kelsey went to a Cracker Barrel restaurant on Thanksgiving Day;
Kelsey Berreth killed by fiancé Patrick Frazee over custody dispute, her parents claim
The new allegation is part of a civil complaint filed by Berreth's parents, reports CBS News correspondent Jamie Yuccas.

They're suing Frazee for emotional distress following a series of "false statements" he allegedly made to Barreth's mother, Cheryl, over the phone on Dec. 2, including that he and Berreth "broke up on/or about Thanksgiving Day" and agreed at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Colorado Springs to split custody of their daughter.
I didn't know the part about:
"...and agreed at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Colorado Springs to split custody of their daughter."

And LE must have what the need from Cracker Barrel.

"We are fully cooperating with the authorities on their investigation at this time,” Cracker Barrel spokeswoman Breeanna Straessle told ABC News late Friday night."

Possible motive for missing Colorado mom's murder surfaces for 1st time in lawsuit

I just have this niggling feeling that "going out to dinner for Thanksgiving" meant to the Franchette, with a sweet potato casserole in hand, but we all know that's not what Patrick had planned.

Wow, and that would be damning.

“Miss Frazee, was Kelsey supposed to be at your home on Thanksgiving?”

I don't think anybody is insinuating that CB isn't credible.

According the the hearing on Friday, the judge thinks CB's statements are trustworthy.
  • Judge says the 5-6 statements attributed to CB (KB’s mom) will be allowed in court. He says it’s trustworthy under law.
  • Regarding a statement made by Kelsey to her mother, saying she might leave PF, Judge Sells that too will be allowed.

Yup. She’s making a sweet potato casserole, they’re planning to go out to dinner, but according to PF, they were broken up.

“Broken up,” must be a euphemism for “murder.”

I'm sure that PF would explain it away by claiming that they'd made "an amicable split."

Or, at least, he would if he knew what the word "amicable" meant.

JMO.

Yes, the whole thing was just so incredibly cruel. I'm not sure we even fully understand what was to take place that day. Why was Kelsey preparing a sweet potato casserole and asking him if he wanted pecans? Were the plans to go out as CB stated? Obviously PF was expected to eat TG dinner with "mommy dearest" and the rest of the clan. No doubt Kelsey was not included in those plans.......or did she think she was invited and was therefore preparing a casserole? I mean who eats JUST a sweet potato casserole for TG dinner? I haven't been able to make sense of how Kelsey thought that day would unfold.

What a vipers nest poor Kelsey found herself in, not forgetting the snake that slithered in from Idaho to deliver some poisonous coffee and clean up "her" mess. This is such a twisted tale and I suspect we don't even know the half of it.

Great post 'susiQ'. :):):)
Love the last paragraph, about the "slithering snake": very true.
Pity we will not see this snake, changing her skin colours and demeanor, in Court.
MOO.

Wow, and that would be damning.

“Miss Frazee, was Kelsey supposed to be at your home on Thanksgiving?”
Kelsey also purchased a plant the day her life was so cruelly ended. It just sounds like something we all do when invited to a family dinner where one member is providing the main dish and others contribute the sides. I always like to bring a plant or flowers too as a token of appreciation for the hostess. Kelsey was thoughtful too and that brood of vipers despised her. The "darkness" always hates the "light". Kelsey was a very bright light that lives on in her child.

From this article it says KB told CB there were plans to go out for Thanksgiving dinner. PF's story came days later.
MO she did tell her mom this since they talked Thanksgiving morning.
In other reports it was stated that there were "possible" plans to go out to dinner. Kelsey spoke to her mom early in the morning before she went to the store so it's possible that sometime after that PF suggested they go to his mom's house for dinner.
Maybe he wanted her to think they were going out to dinner intially so she would tell her mom that so that he could later explain why she was not present at the ranch. Maybe he even told his family that they were going out to explain why he was gone for so long.

Imo

I'm really looking forward to the recordings of PF & Officer's conversation played in court. They have so much damning evidence!

The prosecution played a recording of an officer’s conversation with Frazee shortly after she was reported missing.

“In the middle of the week, she had basically a heart-to-heart about how, you know, this wasn’t working out,” Frazee said in the recording. “She wanted to go our separate ways.”

In the conversation, Frazee said Berreth blamed her commute from Woodland Park to her job in Pueblo as the reason for the separation and alleged that in the week she was reported missing, the 29-year-old got all of her stuff back from him and asked for some space.

In the recording, Frazee said Berreth told him they’d “figure out the custody arrangement” of their 1-year-old daughter.

“When I gave her possessions back, it was something we addressed ‘don’t do anything crazy,’” Frazee is heard saying. “Our lives grew so far apart in the past year-and-a-half or year, we don’t know each other anymore.”

Frazee told the officers that Berreth was “with her wits” and in a good mindset after their breakup. He said the last time he heard from his fiancee was Nov. 25 -- three days after she was last seen in surveillance video at a Woodland Park Safeway. After that, he said he got a message claiming her telephone number had "expired."

"She had requested that I give her space," Frazee said.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

I'm really looking forward to the recordings of PF & Officer's conversation played in court. They have so much damning evidence!

The prosecution played a recording of an officer’s conversation with Frazee shortly after she was reported missing.

“In the middle of the week, she had basically a heart-to-heart about how, you know, this wasn’t working out,” Frazee said in the recording. “She wanted to go our separate ways.”

In the conversation, Frazee said Berreth blamed her commute from Woodland Park to her job in Pueblo as the reason for the separation and alleged that in the week she was reported missing, the 29-year-old got all of her stuff back from him and asked for some space.

In the recording, Frazee said Berreth told him they’d “figure out the custody arrangement” of their 1-year-old daughter.

“When I gave her possessions back, it was something we addressed ‘don’t do anything crazy,’” Frazee is heard saying. “Our lives grew so far apart in the past year-and-a-half or year, we don’t know each other anymore.”

Frazee told the officers that Berreth was “with her wits” and in a good mindset after their breakup. He said the last time he heard from his fiancee was Nov. 25 -- three days after she was last seen in surveillance video at a Woodland Park Safeway. After that, he said he got a message claiming her telephone number had "expired."

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
That ar$e told so many lies he's totally "Frazeed!" I LOVE it!! I can't wait to see/hear (by tweet) KK put some more nails in the coffin he started building for himself. Not to mention what CB has to say. Justice is coming for KB, but it just tears me apart that KB suffered at the hands of these twisted narcs and she was taken away from her sweet little girl and her lovely family :( I take comfort in knowing that little girl will grow up to be like her mother. I have always believed nurture triumps over nature. Too freakin' bad PF had no proper nurture and was born with bad nature too. JMHO

I'm not going to be surprised if there is evidence that Kelsey was planning an escape from Frazee and his town, perhaps to leave in the night with BabyK.

During the months he was fantasizing and planning her demise with KK, maybe, just maybe she had hopes of leaving him and Mama behind.

I hope some of those 255 witnesses were her friends and in on the plan.
Maybe she left one of those "If anything happens to me, look at Patrick" notes.
I also hope she did lots of online research about her rights and where she would land after leaving.
Maybe she was pretending to be in love to throw him off. ("Yeah, sure, I'll make you a casserole, dear.")

I wouldn't be surprised if he finally did the deed because he knew she was about to flee.
And maybe one of those 255 is a friend in whom Frazee confided, somebody who decided to do the right thing and tell all.

It will give us all some peace if we discover that Kelsey's last days were filled with pure hope that she and BabyK could start over and have a happy life away from this nut. At least, for BabyK, that came true.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be surprised if there is evidence that Kelsey was planning an escape from Frazee and his town, perhaps leaving in the night with BabyK.

During the months he was fantasizing and planning her demise with KK, maybe, just maybe she had hopes of leaving him and Mama behind.

I hope some of those 255 witnesses were her friends and in on the plan.
I also hope she did lots of online research about her rights and where she would land after leaving.
Maybe she was pretending to get along to throw him off. (Yeah, sure, I'll make you a casserole, dear.)

I wouldn't be surprised if he finally did the deed because he knew she was about to flee.
And maybe one of those 255 is a friend in whom Frazee confided, somebody who decided to do the right thing and tell all.

It will give us all some peace if we discover that Kelsey's last days were filled with pure hope that she and BabyK could start over and have a happy life away from this nut. At least, for BabyK, that came true.
Not sure about that. She seemed kinda committed...being out in the middle of the night with him, helping him on the farm, running to get him stomach medicine. And then the next day (Thanksgiving) making him...was it pie?

Yes, the whole thing was just so incredibly cruel. I'm not sure we even fully understand what was to take place that day. Why was Kelsey preparing a sweet potato casserole and asking him if he wanted pecans? Were the plans to go out as CB stated? Obviously PF was expected to eat TG dinner with "mommy dearest" and the rest of the clan. No doubt Kelsey was not included in those plans.......or did she think she was invited and was therefore preparing a casserole? I mean who eats JUST a sweet potato casserole for TG dinner? I haven't been able to make sense of how Kelsey thought that day would unfold.

What a vipers nest poor Kelsey found herself in, not forgetting the snake that slithered in from Idaho to deliver some poisonous coffee and clean up "her" mess. This is such a twisted tale and I suspect we don't even know the half of it.
At first I thought maybe she was going to the ranch to eat. But later I thought perhaps things weren't too friendly there so maybe he suggested their going out to eat. Just purely a guess, though.
She still might have wanted to do something special FOR HIM, hence the casserole. Is that a vegetable casserole or is it more like a pumpkin pie dessert type thing?

At first I thought maybe she was going to the ranch to eat. But later I thought perhaps things weren't too friendly there so maybe he suggested their going out to eat. Just purely a guess, though.
She still might have wanted to do something special FOR HIM, hence the casserole. Is that a vegetable casserole or is it more like a pumpkin pie dessert type thing?
All the ones I've ever had are desserts, most of them along this line:
Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole
I wouldn't be suprised if we learn KB bought marshmallows, pecans and sweet potatoes at the Safeway.

JMO.

Well, it's sweet like a dessert but it's usually served with the main course as far as I have seen. (as a side dish)
But if one really loves it I can see how they might just eat it all by itself as a yummy meal. I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina