CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the whole thing was just so incredibly cruel. I'm not sure we even fully understand what was to take place that day. Why was Kelsey preparing a sweet potato casserole and asking him if he wanted pecans? Were the plans to go out as CB stated? Obviously PF was expected to eat TG dinner with "mommy dearest" and the rest of the clan. No doubt Kelsey was not included in those plans.......or did she think she was invited and was therefore preparing a casserole? I mean who eats JUST a sweet potato casserole for TG dinner? I haven't been able to make sense of how Kelsey thought that day would unfold.

What a vipers nest poor Kelsey found herself in, not forgetting the snake that slithered in from Idaho to deliver some poisonous coffee and clean up "her" mess. This is such a twisted tale and I suspect we don't even know the half of it.
Whoever said fact is stranger than fiction must have it right!

At first I thought maybe she was going to the ranch to eat. But later I thought perhaps things weren't too friendly there so maybe he suggested their going out to eat. Just purely a guess, though.
She still might have wanted to do something special FOR HIM, hence the casserole. Is that a vegetable casserole or is it more like a pumpkin pie dessert type thing?
This was my thinking as well, go eat dinner somewhere and then come home to eat the sweet potato casserole.
I’m thinking he probably told her it was a favorite or perhaps she made it for him on another occasion.
Also, I think Kelsey probably had been unhappy for a while, but had not YET finalized any plans on how to leave him. MOO
ETA: my son could definitely eat an entire casserole himself! I have to make twice as much on thanksgiving lol

Well, it's sweet like a dessert but it's usually served with the main course as far as I have seen. (as a side dish)
But if one really loves it I can see how they might just eat it all by itself as a yummy meal. I would.
Yeah, it's definitely something that you'd bring as a side dish if you were going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

There's no question in my mind that KB thought they were all going to the franch for Thanksgiving dinner that afternoon.

She was 2/3 right.

JMO.

This was my thinking as well, go eat dinner somewhere and then come home to eat the sweet potato casserole.
I’m thinking he probably told her it was a favorite or perhaps she made it for him on another occasion.
Also, I think Kelsey probably had been unhappy for a while, but had not YET finalized any plans on how to leave him. MOO
Yeah, I think this was something she mulled over, but wasn’t ready to pull the trigger on.

Her final texts, and the fact that she was willing to go out of her way to help him on the night prior to her murder, tells me that this relationship wasn’t yet over in her eyes.

Yeah, I think this was something she mulled over, but wasn’t ready to pull the trigger on.

Her final texts, and the fact that she was willing to go out of her way to help him on the night prior to her murder, tells me that this relationship wasn’t yet over in her eyes.
And I think that’s likely due to the fact PF was probably being extra nice and doting towards her because he KNEW he’d need her trust to pull off his vile plan! MOO

I don't know anyone who eats sweet potato casserole (with pecans) for dessert. It's a way of getting traditional sweet potatoes on the plate with the turkey, usually not any sweeter than baked sweet potatoes. Sweet potato pie, otoh, is a dessert (but not usually with pecans).

I too think Kelsey thought she was going to family Thanksgiving with his family, and bringing her guy's favorite dish. Maybe he got mad because mommy wouldn't have forgotten the pecans.

Yeah, its' definitely something that you'd bring as a side dish if you were going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

There's no question in my mind that KB thought they were all going to the franch for Thanksgiving dinner that afternoon.

She was 2/3 right.

JMO.
Yeah, I think PF just planted the idea of going out because he knew that was going to be his story.
I guess we'll have to wait to hear from SF whether they had planned on Kelsey being there or not.

I don't know anyone who eats sweet potato casserole (with pecans) for dessert. It's a way of getting traditional sweet potatoes on the plate with the turkey, usually not any sweeter than baked sweet potatoes. Sweet potato pie, otoh, is a dessert (but not usually with pecans).

I too think Kelsey thought she was going to family Thanksgiving with his family, and bringing her guy's favorite dish. Maybe he got mad because mommy wouldn't have forgotten the pecans.
I’m not sure how it’s cooked elsewhere, but in the south, we make ours with butter, brown sugar, vanilla, topped with melted marshmallows and pecans on top! It’s definitely sweet lol
Probably made totally different elsewhere! MOO

Yeah, I think PF just planted the idea of going out because he knew that was going to be his story.
I guess we'll have to wait to hear from SF whether they had planned on Kelsey being there or not.

If she wasn’t planning on Kelsey being there, it would speak to their relationship.

If she was planning on Kelsey being there, it would be yet another nail in PF’s coffin.

So it’s telling either way.

BBM:

I think she tried incredibly hard to make this relationship work, for Baby K's sake.
I think she believed it was important for Baby K. to have a stable home environment with both a mother and a father.
I think she wore herself to a frazzle both emotionally and physically trying to make PF happy.
I think he emotionally abused her.
I think the treatment she sought for exhaustion and/or anxiety was entirely, 100% due to PF's unreasonable demands upon her.

She was so right about him:

He's a D**k with a capital "D."

She just didn't realize what an incredible danger he posed to her.

JMO.

Not sure about that. She seemed kinda committed...being out in the middle of the night with him, helping him on the farm, running to get him stomach medicine. And then the next day (Thanksgiving) making him...was it pie?

Maybe she was doing what she had to do to throw him off until she could escape.

That's my hope and I'm sticking to it! I've got at least another week!

I’m not sure how it’s cooked elsewhere, but in the south, we make ours with butter, brown sugar, vanilla, topped with melted marshmallows and pecans on top! It’s definitely sweet lol
Probably made totally different elsewhere! MOO
Yes, that's what I'm thinking of, it's sometimes called candied yams, but it's not made with yams, it's made with sweet potatoes. I know because a long time ago I made it with yams and it was disgusting.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of, it's sometimes called candied yams, but it's not made with yams, it's made with sweet potatoes. I know because a long time ago I made it with yams and it was disgusting.

Yams are gross.
I don't know whether KB's receipts will show she purchased regular sweet potatoes or yams or canned sweet potatoes, but likely one of those three.

FTR, the canned sweet potatoes with just plain brown sugar and loads of butter melted/simmered together are best.

No marshmallows or pecans.

JMO.

She even went to the store to get him some medicine for his stomach because he had an upset tummy.

Yams are gross.
I don't know whether KB's receipts will show she purchased regular sweet potatoes or yams or canned sweet potatoes, but likely one of those three.

FTR, the canned sweet potatoes with just plain brown sugar and loads of butter melted/simmered together are best.

No marshmallows or pecans.

JMO.
Yeah, well, what did I know back then? I was baking them in the oven forever and couldn't figure out why they were so tough. They are not sweet either.

I'm really looking forward to the recordings of PF & Officer's conversation played in court. They have so much damning evidence!

The prosecution played a recording of an officer’s conversation with Frazee shortly after she was reported missing.

“In the middle of the week, she had basically a heart-to-heart about how, you know, this wasn’t working out,” Frazee said in the recording. “She wanted to go our separate ways.”

In the conversation, Frazee said Berreth blamed her commute from Woodland Park to her job in Pueblo as the reason for the separation and alleged that in the week she was reported missing, the 29-year-old got all of her stuff back from him and asked for some space.

In the recording, Frazee said Berreth told him they’d “figure out the custody arrangement” of their 1-year-old daughter.

“When I gave her possessions back, it was something we addressed ‘don’t do anything crazy,’” Frazee is heard saying. “Our lives grew so far apart in the past year-and-a-half or year, we don’t know each other anymore.”

Frazee told the officers that Berreth was “with her wits” and in a good mindset after their breakup. He said the last time he heard from his fiancee was Nov. 25 -- three days after she was last seen in surveillance video at a Woodland Park Safeway. After that, he said he got a message claiming her telephone number had "expired."

"She had requested that I give her space," Frazee said.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
Sometimes I wish there was a "double like" button. lol!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member