CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE would have ensured that the baby was safe. There was no need for him to cart her around.
Do you have information that LE is monitoring the baby? To me, it sounded more like they might have some concerns bc they did make a report about it, but that there was no legal way to infringe on his parenting rights since there's currently no evidence of a crime.

This could be an added stressor for him. I can see him taking a baby in a carrier to other barns for farrier work before the baby started getting active. But toddler stage? Nope. I agree it's too dangerous. Older children that know to stay away from the animals, yes. But not a toddler. IMO.
We know she was still being carried in a baby seat as seen in the Safeway video.

Last edited:
i don’t guess there is a way to link it, but there was a comment near the end of the previous thread about PF’s reported income. I would point out that in the farming and ranching business, a lot of income is off the books and goes unreported. My ex was a successful farmer and rancher but when it came time to deal with the courts, he claimed to only make $24k a year in income. That was ridiculous because he made more than that in leasing oil and gas rights on his property alone.

That would be something for sleuthers to look into. On those 30+ acres, is there oil and gas that is a source of revenue to PF and his mother?

Do you have information that LE is monitoring the baby? To me, it sounded more like they might have some concerns bc they did make a report about it, but that there was no legal way to infringe on his parenting rights since thereN's currently no evidence of a crime.
That wasn't my point. My point was that he does not have to show the baby in public because otherwise people would be asking where is the baby.

Great questions. I've read every post on these 8 threads and wish that I had the answers, but most of them are not available.

We heard that KB had told mom she planned to go out to dinner on Thanksgiving. We don't know where or, for sure, with who.

We don't know what she purchased, but we wish we did. :) We do know she asked mom for a recipe that morning, so it's a possibility she was getting ingredients for whatever unknown dish she wanted to make. We also know that at some point, someone in the house made cinnamon rolls because some were left out cold. We don't know if they were out of a tube or if they were homemade, so another possibility is she was buying ingredients for those. People have also speculated she might be buying snacks for baby to leave with dad while he watched her or non-perishables to take with her. We just don't know. :)

I tend to agree something changed or "went bad" that afternoon. We haven't seen any information confirming his alibi or either one of their locations beyond the Safeway visit and a vague baby exchange after Safeway. We haven't been told anything about his whereabouts in the following days either.

The way I see it IMO. Is that she did not have plans with anyone else that night. I think she planned on spending it with her baby and the father or maybe with her baby alone. Dinner IMO was to be with him and her baby. I wish I knew what she bought at safeway. I haven't read all the threads - does anyone know what she purchased? Has it come out that she said SHE WASN'T spending it with him? I think something went bad between them later that day. What is his alibi for that afternoon and night? What is it for the following day and night? Or the next day or the next day and night or next or next (see how much time he had?) Did he leave the baby with mom and go off driving? All things I want to know that matter here. Also - just because he handed off his phone means nothing, he could have deleted messages, unless it is backed up on a cloud, they are gone.

It's possible the child had a pediatrician appointment that day. Or not. We just don't know.

Huh? The press followed him to the attorney's office in Colorado Springs, videoed him getting in his truck from there and followed him back to his driveway where he got out of his truck to open and close the gate and told the reporter it was private property and a private road. Had he stopped at the pediatrician I think the Inside Edition reporter would have been filming that and trying to get answers to questions as well. It appears they were camped out at his driveway. JMO.

Yes, no evidence of it, but extensive background checks do not always prevent someone from working in an Air Force position because of a mental health history. There would be a sparse government employee population if that were the case. There is no evidence that she had any issues, but also, a “secure” job doesn’t omit the possibility, either.

Speculation about a victim should be based on some known fact, not just tossing out general speculation when there is nothing to substantiate it.

Also, LE has said her disappearance is suspicious, not that they are concerned about her mental health.

Has it been stated that PF is the daily childcare person? If so, I missed that.

Also, any reason to believe they were getting a tree on that day?? She was getting recipes.

Also, I don’t agree that she is necessarily “too good” for him, as some have suggested. What does that even mean? She obviously thought he was good enough to have him as father of her child. And we know as much about Kelsey as we do about him, really, meaning almost nothing. Her mother is the only one who described her, and she also said they have a loving relationship. Jmo
I know in an NBC report that they said they had spoken with Kelsey's father and he told them that PF watched K while Kelsey was at work.

While Kelsey's mother relayed the phone conversation where the topic of getting a tree came up she never said that getting the tree was supposed to happen that day, or even when it was supposed to happen. That may have been part of the conversation but we don't know.

That wasn't my point. My point was that he does not have to show the baby in public because otherwise people would be asking where is the baby.
Yeah, I understand. I was just saying I DO think he could be trying to show the public the baby is safe, because the police are seemingly not able to closely monitor the baby as they are saying they can't interfere with his parenting rights at this time. Does that make sense?

I bet the pediatrician could give some insight. Who brings in K for her appointment's, etc. PF or KB or both?
If it was part of a legal proceedings, I have heard of attorneys having an expert brought into their office to meet a client... I suppose it could be that.

We can do that, too, but most people don’t because they would have to lug the tree through the forest and it isn’t all that easy to find a suitable tree in the national forest. That area and others may be totally different from mine.

Not really. You drive along the forest roads in the nearest designated area until you see some trees of the right size. You would normally look nearer to the road than how far you'd walk from your parked car into a tree lot! It's true with the sales lot they probably load it for you, plus have it already mounted on a base as needed etc. Definitely physically easier to buy from a lot. But rural westerners are just not as likely to choose based on what's physically easier, is what I'm saying. Things like getting a tree from the forest are likely to be cherished family traditions he'd want his baby to experience. Plus as I mentioned it's much cheaper at only $10.

Huh? The press followed him to the attorney's office in Colorado Springs, videoed him getting in his truck from there and followed him back to his driveway where he got out of his truck to open and close the gate and told the reporter it was private property and a private road. Had he stopped at the pediatrician I think the Inside Edition reporter would have been filming that and trying to get answers to questions as well. It appears they were camped out at his driveway. JMO.

Ok, I missed that the media followed him that much. Thanks. I edited that post.

PF cannot be the primary caregiver if he is out all day in barns and on other people's property. He cannot be dragging a baby with him while performing his job, which is somewhat dangerous. PF would we dealing with horses that kick and spending a lot of time shoeing and trimming hooves in barn settings with manure and other hazards for a walking/crawling baby.

PF is basically a rancher with other side jobs. He's not sitting in an office, using a computer all day while K sits in a playpen or wanders the house. K is at toddler, and toddlers are very active. It would be dangerous for K to be with PF while he was working.

Would Kelsey working 50 hours a week also exclude her from being the primary caregiver? Seems it'd be just as dangerous for the baby to be flying in an airplane all day. (not that she would) Not sure how to interpret your post. tia

Am starting to think the restaurant deal is bigger than phone texts.

Overnight I tested a theory

I placed my phone in airplane mode.

Then typed two text messages

They did not send

Then I turned it off for the night

In the morning I turned it on and texts launched

Thus, KB could have texted Thursday afternoon ... had it in airplane mode ... left the house ... was harmed... somebody found her phone at the side of the road in Idaho ... turned it on and the texts were sent

In regards to Gooding- FedEx, airport, other talked about facility. I thought it was a coincidence that all three would be in the small town of Gooding that is not a highway or interstate town (info about location, 11 miles off interstate stated in a comment on here, and maps). The Fedex Express drop box in Gooding is outside of a real estate office on the corner of a Main Street and is highly visible in the daytime. It is to place Fedex Express packages only that have a label either preprinted or printed from your online account. Just not sure it that had been mentioned. Posting in case people were thinking there was actual Fedex operations going on in Gooding. The closest operations are about 30 minutes away for ground service, and an hour away in Twin Falls for air (Express) packages that would come in through Magic Valley Regional Airport. I cannot find any way to obtain a Fedex package in Gooding other than receiving it at a given address. Also FedEx does not deliver to PO boxes under normal package delivery. Not sure if any of this is of significance at all.

I wonder what any data collected from PF's phone showed. Was his location history turned on in any app? Did his wifi auto-connect to any places of business that would show his whereabouts? I mean, even just the time it took him to go from KB's house to wherever he went next with the baby. Does he wear an apple watch or fitbit or any gps type device? Does he have smart locks on his house door with a personal code to enter or ring doorbells or video surveillance cameras for the ranch that shows him coming and going?

Where was he on Thanksgiving evening? Who interacted with him that day and what was his demeanor? If you are innocent, wouldn't these be easy questions to answer and you would have different people who could verify? Would the search warrant for his property have included digital device searches?

Would we even know if the Safeway footage showed him entering after her and then leaving together proving that he was with her but LE only released the footage that shows her entering, to make him slip up saying she dropped the baby off to him when they knew all along he was at Safeway with her? MOO.. I’m pretty much grasping at straws now. They must have had something to make them start digging, maybe his phone pinged where Kelsey’s did? Or there’s footage of him on his way to where the phone pinged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan