Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Google says both things:

How to Beat "Tranquilize Your Horse Syndrome” - Soulful Equine®

I also saw results which talked about farriers "having to wait until the vet shows up to tranquilize"; so it seems it goes both ways.
~Cough~ This is exactly why the disgruntled customer paid for her story by DM is to be taken with a grain of salt. IMO she was nervous and hovering, making her horse nervous because the horse is used to paying attention to her. The farrier PF smacked the horse with the rasp to get the horse's attention back on him instead of the owner. Shoeing is dangerous for the farrier and the horse, and the horse needs to pay attention to the farrier.

It’s extremely important to know what was going on with his phone during those three or four days. Even if he went to Idaho with her phone, and sent a text on the 25th, it’s still a problem being able to show that text as read, and be able to reply to it when his phone is in Colorado and he’s in Idaho. Not to mention, if he’s got an accomplice working his phone back in Colorado, that accomplice has to spend those three or four days mimicking the normal routine that PF would be doing if he had physical control of that phone. So that means the accomplice would have to be on the family farm most if not all of that time, and any trips off the farm would have to be synced up with PF’s story later about how he spent those days, should LE get the chance to ask.

Sure he could just turn his phone off but that creates problems rather than solving them. I. Don’t know why he would undertake an elaborate ruse with her phone. Only to turn off his own.

My employer uses software to send encrypted pages to users personal cell phone devices. The pages are actually SMS text messages that are sent using software via the web. We have the ability to look up when texts were sent, received and read. I would be very surprised if all cell phone carriers didn't have a read receipt for text messages.

jmo

I like how you laid this out. Each theory does have its pieces that make it appear likely, as well as some factors that are difficult to explain.

I would add it's possible that the trip with PF or another perp STARTED voluntarily (in their vehicle)...and that KB sent the texts from her phone, but then came to be held hostage or harmed after sending.

Less likely, but still possible, she could've been in one of those exceptional accidents where they find her car off a cliff or in a river from driving in bad conditions or falling asleep at the will. I doubt this, but that's what happened with Toni A. and I didn't see that coming.

Any theory that attempts to explain what happened to Kelsey has to account for the ping from her phone in Gooding ID. If this were a Hitchcock film that ping would be the plot twist that the entire story hinged on.

If that ping did not exist then it would be simpler to theorize reasons for her absence. But her phone appearing briefly 800 miles and 3 days after her last confirmed sighting creates a specific fact that needs to fit into any accurate theory. Not just fit in, but IMHO explaining that ping explains the entire story.

The ping from Gooding fits well with the early Facebook post from her Aunt that "She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit.” Taken at face value that statement means it was PF who reported to her family that she was heading to Soap Lake. I believe that the Aunt later retracted or deleted that Facebook post.

Gooding is roughly 60% of the way between Woodland Park and Soap Lake. Gooding is a completely plausible location for her phone to ping if she was indeed traveling to Soap Lake. It is also a completely plausible location for her phone to ping if someone wants to create the illusion she was traveling to Soap Lake.

How can that ping be explained?

KB has phone (#1): Maybe Kelsey did indeed decide spontaneously to head to Washington without giving her family advance notice. PF's story about her leaving is basically true. Whatever the cause of her disappearance therefore is something unexpected that happens along the way. This theory raises a set of questions that are without answers:
  • Her known vehicles are accounted for so how is she traveling?
  • Why leave child her child behind?
  • Why doesn't she tell her family she is coming either at the onset of travel or when sending the two text messages?
KB has phone (#2): Maybe Kelsey was indeed heading west but not to Washington. She tells PF that Soap Lake is her destination to conceal some truth from him, perhaps even that she willingly wants to disappear. This has the same problems as the above theory plus creates a new mystery around her true intent.

PF has phone: Some here believe that PF must be behind KB's disappearance. An obvious extension of this belief is that PF must be responsible for creating the ping, likely as a red herring to distract from the truth. The question therefore is could he have transported her phone to Gooding and arrived back in Florissant while producing an alibi for his location and maintaining care for the child in his custody? Assuming no stops it is roughly 24 hours of round-trip driving from his home to Gooding and back. So questions that come from this theory are:
  • Could he have driven 1600 miles round-trip, pay cash along the way for any need gas or food, and not be remembered or be caught on video?
  • What alibi has he produced for his time from the 22nd to the 26th and who corroborates that alibi?
Other theories I consider less likely:

PF accomplice has phone: This suggests a conspiracy between PF and some other party to create this ping, wherein PF stays home and cares for his daughter while his accomplice (for motivation unknown) transports the phone to Gooding. But who then is this co-conspirator to what now seems a complex premeditated criminal conspiracy?

A robo-phone: Several other posters here have theorized various scenarios of apps that send time-delayed texts, ways of turning on a phone remotely, shipping the phone in a package, putting the phone on a west-bound truck, etc. These all seem like very implausible Rube Goldberg solutions to me, which involve many possible risks that the message would not be sent at all. If creating a ping from Southern Idaho was critical to someone attempting to conceal the truth then taking the phone there personally or using an accomplice seem far more reliable.

All five of the above theories imply either that Kelsey told PF she was heading to Soap Lake or that PF invented the story that Kelsey was heading to Soap Lake. There is, however, another possibility.

An abductor has her phone (and possibly KB): PF may indeed have received a message stating that Kelsey was heading to Soap Lake, but it was sent by an abductor who knew enough about KB and her work and relationship with PF to craft messages that would avert suspicions for several days.

I'm sure there are some known facts that don't fit one or more of the above theories and can be used to rule some of them out. But I strongly believe that once the ping from Gooding is understood, then the rest of the story will fall into place.

As long as PMF is a POI and not a suspect, IMO then all eyes need to be open to possibilities. I'm with the ping and will stay there, until convinced otherwise.

Cars at home; then another means of transport is considered. What is her natural environment... the air with lots of mates in the industry I'm sure.

I agree we need to always keep our eyes open, but the further away we need to go from the facts we already have, the less logical it is to me... I can’t get away from these facts:

KB had the baby, now PF has the baby, making an exchange since the last time she was seen on camera. Therefore he has to be the last known person to see her as far as we know.

PF did not report her missing after not hearing from her for 7 days. Maybe there’s a reason we don’t know, but we do know that fact.

LE had probable cause enough to get a warrant to search his property.

LE says her disappearance is suspicious and they don’t think she left willingly on her own.

With these things we know I’m having a hard time not looking in one direction. I obviously hope there’s more to this that points a different way, but I feel it’s a stretch to get there at this point.

One other thing, if you think about it, it makes some sense he would say she was on her way to her grandmothers and not the parents house. They would have probably been told if she was going home for a few days. This threw them off the track of her travel route. If that makes sense.

Except that is not what the video shows. We have no idea how long those pups were tied there but probably not more than a few minutes. And they don't nip at the cows because they were tied up. Its what border collies, especially young inexperienced ones, do. And where did the "pups in two or three days" come from?
BBM. He said so in the vid. And I am sorry, they were not 'nipping' at the cows, they were full on in attack mode. They nip at heels not lunge at their heads.

I'd love to see some legislation passed which permits LE to conduct interviews with those individuals who were known to be the last person seen with a missing person. Knowing it violates a persons constitutional right to remain silent still doesn't stop me from hoping that one day it will happen. The inability to interview these people hinders so many investigations.

More legislation is rarely the answer

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He says he thinks police missed something. Could also mean they took pictures of something but then decided they wanted to examine it themselves. #KelseyBerreth

(In response to, "What does experienced investigator think the reason is they returned?")
It could be law enforcement taking a little bit of a gamble wherein evidence that was hidden elsewhere or in the possession of another person would have been taken back to the home where PF lives thinking it would be "safe" there since it had already been searched.

Worst case is that law enforcement really doesn't have a lot of evidence and much of what we are seeing is posturing and bluffing by law enforcement hoping to spook PF into trying to get himself a deal of some sort or make a run for it or worse. As I said the other night, if PF is responsible, it is entirely possible that he has all of the aces in the deck in his hand. Not to mention that if he isn't responsible then law enforcement has a big problem.

I do wish that one of the local reporters would confirm for us whether or not SF is disabled, and/or struggles to walk, as one poster alluded to here a few days ago. I do not see any ramps or handicap entry/access to her home in the published photos. Anybody else with keener view? SF only appears to be early 60's. MOO

So, where do you think that she is now?
Gooding, Idaho is on the flight path to family in WA from KB's home. IMO if she's voluntary missing, then I'd be fanning out from where the planes land (freight or passenger) for Soap Lake. Ephrata - general airport, is just 6miles from Soap Lake. 10 min drive.

List of airports in Washington - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Hopefully, if he is guilty, there will be no dating anyone in his future.

That's my hope. Even if he gets away with this that no woman ever agrees to date him.

As others have said you can't make someone come in for questioning unless you arrest them. You can ask them to come in. The police have asked PF to come in and talk to them and he is only communicating through his lawyer. So unless they arrest him, they can't sit him down for questioning. He could agree to come in with his lawyer, but why? So they can fill in the gaps and ask him about contradicting information. He's not going to do that.

And even if they do arrest him, all he has to do is invoke his fifth amendment privilege and his right to an attorney and it's over. No more questions.

the 5 vehicles were two unmarked black suv/suburbans, then three marked police vehicles. Two of the marked vehicles were suvs. One was sedan. All three had different markings. Can anyone make out the difference?

#1: 2006-2009 Dodge Durango (civilian or undercover)
#2: 2015-2017 Ford Expedition EL (unmarked but has concealed emergency lights)
#3: 2016-2018 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (Woodland Park Police)
#4: 2018 Ford Expedition SSV (Teller County Sheriff)
#5: Didn't clearly see - maybe a late model Ford PI Sedan (Woodland Park Police)

Just a reminder about the theory of KB purposefully driving herself to Soap Lake: Gooding is 12 miles off her route. Why would she leave I-84 to go into Gooding? There are other places to stop for gas etc. that are really "right off" I-84.
Also, I find it highly improbable that KB would go to see her sick grandmother and not bring grandma's great grand-daughter to see her. Unbelievable to me.
I also find it highly improbable that she didn't tell any of her family that she was going to see her grandmother. That does not compute with me.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member