CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On May 31, 2014, a man fishing with his girlfriend on Lake Minnequa in Pueblo snagged his line on what appeared to be a "human upper head and torso," the lawsuit states. The man reported the discovery to Detective Robinson and took him to the lake to show him the exact location of where the body was located.

Robinson told one of the Schellings' investigators that the "tip was credible" and he had asked the department's dive team to search the lake. But the lawsuit said that never happened.

"This is a deliberate act of not investigating a possible criminal act or lead to recover human remains that could possibly be Kelsie or that of another individual," the lawsuit asserts.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...riend-pueblo-police-in-wrongful-death02062015

This just boggles my mind!

Okay, exactly what's going on here that a reported tip of a dead body- even if it wasn't Kelsie- was never investigated??? Is the Lucas family somehow blackmailing the PD or are they that lazy/corrupt not to investigate??? WTF?:waitasec:

Police are asking your help in locating a suspect who intentionally removed missing person signs from a Wal-Mart.

Nearly 16 signs were paid for by a private citizen to aid in the search for Kelsie Schelling and included a photo and information regarding the young woman’s disappearance. (...)

Surveillance video obtained from Wal-Mart shows a tall white male wearing black shorts and a white t-shirt taking the signs down. He was driving a blue minivan.
http://fox21news.com/2016/05/18/suspect-wanted-for-theft-of-missing-person-signs-in-pueblo/

Suspect is the one wearing a white shirt (upper left for hand side)
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 431
Man steals signs about Kelsie Schelling's disappearance
Signs for Kelsie Schelling removed
http://www.9news.com/news/local/man-steals-signs-about-kelsie-schellings-disappearance/202752364

"PUEBLO - Authorities want to question a man who they say took down signs that contained information about Kelsie Schelling’s disappearance."

Snip

"Pueblo Police ask anyone with information about the man’s whereabouts to call 719-553-2441."

attachment.php

Pueblo Police released a photo of this minivan, which they say is related to a man seen taking signs about Kelsie Schelling's disappearance down. (Photo: Pueblo PD)

Attachments

• suspect_car_1463630261864_2372812_ver1.0.jpg
    suspect_car_1463630261864_2372812_ver1.0.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 273
Okay, exactly what's going on here that a reported tip of a dead body- even if it wasn't Kelsie- was never investigated??? Is the Lucas family somehow blackmailing the PD or are they that lazy/corrupt not to investigate??? WTF?:waitasec:

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THOSE LE?!?! :mad:

Anyone know the make/model of that van? It is pretty suspicious if you ask me. Who would go out of their way to take those signs down? Someone who knows something. Looks like a tall white male in the video, possibly one of Donthe's basketball buddies in Pueblo. Maybe one of his basketball teammates from his days at Central High School. Someone with the know-how should cross reference those names against owners of that make/model in the Pueblo area. I'm sure Donthe has gained much respect for his skills on the court and probably has some friends who got his back on anything whether they know if he did anything or not. Donthe could say he didn't do it and they'd believe him to the end, or, they might know he did it and they'd still never rat on their boy.

Personally, I believe there are dirty Pueblo cops that Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas, has connections with in some manner. I thought I read somewhere that she was a corrections officer in the Pueblo area. I need to dig that up again. I think that in the past, before Kelsie's disappearance, she either saw something, partook in something, or bribed Pueblo Police insiders. Or they owed her a favor. Something went down.

Here's a petition by Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas: https://www.change.org/p/city-of-pu...itizens-be-held-to-the-same-legal-standards-2
Sounds like she was trying to complain about being mistreated as a civil servant (as a corrections officer I believe). Who knows, it could be something like she was "Sexually harassed" by an officer who was a good pal of the detectives. Totally hypothetical, but that's kind of what I mean by her having inside connections in some way. Made 3 years ago. Nice timing. Maybe she created it to get them to lean in her direction because she knows their dirty business.

Links of interest:

My take on the case:

I can picture it now. Donthe was a rising star in his basketball days. His mother probably had great visions of Donthe being the next Michael Jordan. Even Donthe himself sported the jersey number 23. A future of riches and fame lay before him, before her, and before their whole family. But what a better way to foul their hoop dreams by Donthe knocking up a girl and becoming a father in his vital basketball career make-or-break years, a girl who, in Donthe's mind, was just a piece of meat to unleash his primitive male impulses while off the court.

In my opinion, there's no question about it. Donthe lured young, desperate mother-to-be, Kelsie, with text messages that hinted at a proposal of marriage ("I have something I want to give you..."), flip-flopping from wanting nothing to do with the baby, to all-embracing and fatherly in intentions. By that moment he made up his mind (he and his mother). Since this girl was keen on having that baby she had to go. The last thing Donthe needed was baggage to weigh down his ball, pulling down his dreams of being a basketball celebrity. Of course, this was his simple mind at work here, thinking in extremes.

How I think they did it: First he lured her to Walmart. Kelsie was actually a bit skeptical I think, gullible, yet, skeptical. Walmart doesn't sound too bad in itself, so she drove down their, 2 hours, albeit reluctantly. But Walmart isn't a safe place to kill someone. Too many people. It was just a trust-gaining locale. She drove 2 hours she won't turn back now...He gained her trust, now he needed to lure her somewhere darker, somewhere he knows, somewhere private: His own street of course. His own dark, quiet street less than a mile from the Walmart. His mother's/grandmother's house was on that street. They all lived there. He slipped out that night. They met there in the dark and that's when he did it.

Whatever he did. I don't even want to know. I think he drove her car with her body inside to a remote location outside of Pueblo and buried her in the desert. That, or the body in the nearby lake was more than just a bad "tip" but a massive cover-up. The black car has dust all over it if you look in the Walmart security videos when it's being parked there the next day at noon (when his mom picks him up). Dust from the desert or from around the lake? You decide. When the police retrieved the car at the hospital a week later it was freshly cleaned. I'll bet that $400 went to the car detailing bill, not his phone bill.

Of course, by now Donthe probably realizes he's not THAT good, and his B-Ball prime is over. He probably feels great cognitive dissonance for 1) not meeting his own expectations and 2) for taking two innocent lives to safeguard that dream and still not becoming much of anybody. Except...someone with a first name that can be Googled by itself and yield hideous, disparaging results.

http://www.krdo.com/news/former-fbi...chellings-case/39581328#.Vzr9ZLRD_bg.facebook

This link was posted on the Help Find Kelsie page...it's an article about a former FBI profiler who saw the 20/20 broadcast and sees several weaknesses in the PPD interview techniques ... He doesn't think it's too late to corner this guy... I hope so...I just don't understand the PPD at all...and it is most concerning that included with the post is a statement that they have heard nothing yet about the case being transferred ...

From your link. Have never seen this...

Schelling's mother tried to sue the Pueblo Police Department for its handling of her daughter's case but after reviewing it, a judge dropped the case.

Have to read the last post by phurtive tomorrow. There has to be something going on

Anyone know the make/model of that van? It is pretty suspicious if you ask me. Who would go out of their way to take those signs down? Someone who knows something. Looks like a tall white male in the video, possibly one of Donthe's basketball buddies in Pueblo. Maybe one of his basketball teammates from his days at Central High School. Someone with the know-how should cross reference those names against owners of that make/model in the Pueblo area. I'm sure Donthe has gained much respect for his skills on the court and probably has some friends who got his back on anything whether they know if he did anything or not. Donthe could say he didn't do it and they'd believe him to the end, or, they might know he did it and they'd still never rat on their boy.

Personally, I believe there are dirty Pueblo cops that Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas, has connections with in some manner. I thought I read somewhere that she was a corrections officer in the Pueblo area. I need to dig that up again. I think that in the past, before Kelsie's disappearance, she either saw something, partook in something, or bribed Pueblo Police insiders. Or they owed her a favor. Something went down.

Here's a petition by Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas: https://www.change.org/p/city-of-pu...itizens-be-held-to-the-same-legal-standards-2
Sounds like she was trying to complain about being mistreated as a civil servant (as a corrections officer I believe). Who knows, it could be something like she was "Sexually harassed" by an officer who was a good pal of the detectives. Totally hypothetical, but that's kind of what I mean by her having inside connections in some way. Made 3 years ago. Nice timing. Maybe she created it to get them to lean in her direction because she knows their dirty business.

Links of interest:

My take on the case:

I can picture it now. Donthe was a rising star in his basketball days. His mother probably had great visions of Donthe being the next Michael Jordan. Even Donthe himself sported the jersey number 23. A future of riches and fame lay before him, before her, and before their whole family. But what a better way to foul their hoop dreams by Donthe knocking up a girl and becoming a father in his vital basketball career make-or-break years, a girl who, in Donthe's mind, was just a piece of meat to unleash his primitive male impulses while off the court.

In my opinion, there's no question about it. Donthe lured young, desperate mother-to-be, Kelsie, with text messages that hinted at a proposal of marriage ("I have something I want to give you..."), flip-flopping from wanting nothing to do with the baby, to all-embracing and fatherly in intentions. By that moment he made up his mind (he and his mother). Since this girl was keen on having that baby she had to go. The last thing Donthe needed was baggage to weigh down his ball, pulling down his dreams of being a basketball celebrity. Of course, this was his simple mind at work here, thinking in extremes.

How I think they did it: First he lured her to Walmart. Kelsie was actually a bit skeptical I think, gullible, yet, skeptical. Walmart doesn't sound too bad in itself, so she drove down their, 2 hours, albeit reluctantly. But Walmart isn't a safe place to kill someone. Too many people. It was just a trust-gaining locale. She drove 2 hours she won't turn back now...He gained her trust, now he needed to lure her somewhere darker, somewhere he knows, somewhere private: His own street of course. His own dark, quiet street less than a mile from the Walmart. His mother's/grandmother's house was on that street. They all lived there. He slipped out that night. They met there in the dark and that's when he did it.

Whatever he did. I don't even want to know. I think he drove her car with her body inside to a remote location outside of Pueblo and buried her in the desert. That, or the body in the nearby lake was more than just a bad "tip" but a massive cover-up. The black car has dust all over it if you look in the Walmart security videos when it's being parked there the next day at noon (when his mom picks him up). Dust from the desert or from around the lake? You decide. When the police retrieved the car at the hospital a week later it was freshly cleaned. I'll bet that $400 went to the car detailing bill, not his phone bill.

Of course, by now Donthe probably realizes he's not THAT good, and his B-Ball prime is over. He probably feels great cognitive dissonance for 1) not meeting his own expectations and 2) for taking two innocent lives to safeguard that dream and still not becoming much of anybody. Except...someone with a first name that can be Googled by itself and yield hideous, disparaging results.

Sorry, was following Egyptair yesterday, ran out of time, couldn't sit any longer.

I think you may have found the link where LE just didn't push. I've always wondered if there was prejudice because she was carrying a mixed baby. Thomas Cook is mixed, LE haven't done anything there either except tried to talk his mother out of Thomas being missing by saying he just didn't want to be found.

With Donthe's mother picking him up, she has to know what happened too. Someone needs to bring both of them in.

It blows my mind that a judge threw the case out too! I really hope her mom takes it farther because she has a case. I have another similar case with LE/Judge connection so have been hoping her mother would be successful with her lawsuit. In the other case, LE gets reassigned, none have done anything, even with the MP's mom giving really good tips such as her son being threatened plus others that I can't repeat. LE do not even call back witnesses. Unfortunately the mom doesn't have money to do anything.

I definitely think that Donthe's family knows something. By something, I mean something hugely damaging about LE. It really feels like people in LE are more concerned about their own reputations than finding out what happened to Kelsey. I feel like this is a case that needs huge pressure (it needs to go viral) for anything to happen. Maybe they could try posting about it on Reddit?

I definitely think that Donthe's family knows something. By something, I mean something hugely damaging about LE. It really feels like people in LE are more concerned about their own reputations than finding out what happened to Kelsey. I feel like this is a case that needs huge pressure (it needs to go viral) for anything to happen. Maybe they could try posting about it on Reddit?

It's possible it's already on Reddit and Topix. I don't have time to check; I'm really behind on all of my cases.

I'm hoping that when this case gets handed to FBI like it's supposed to that something will happen.

What the actual F?!?

Links of interest:

My take on the case:

Welcome phurtive :).

:welcome5:

The person who is stealing the signs looks like he's wearing a uniform with a logo on the back.

I followed the link above and clicked on "read the letter" which caused this to pop-up:

"Letter to
City of Pueblo, Colorado judicial system
Have civil servants and citizens be held to the same legal standards.
We have started this petition in the names of the 4 Woods children from Pueblo Colorado who have been physically and emotionally abused by their father (a pueblo police officer ) and sexually abused by the step children of their father. This has been covered up by a judge (smith) and a captain (davenport ) the oldest child is in fear of her life because of the reprocussions of this petition. We have evidence to support all information and it is time to make a stand against the injustice going on in pueblo. Please help give these children a voice and a chance at a normal life. Thank you for your consideration and god bless!"

I think Ms. Lucas is actually complaining about the victimization of a PPD officer's 4 children by both the officer himself and their step-siblings...and then corruption by two players in the judicial system, a police captain and a judge... interesting about her employment as a corrections officer...just west of Pueblo in Fremont County is the State prison in Canon City as well as the Federal Super-Max in Florence ... lots of opportunities to be "civil servants"... I'm wondering what Ms. Lucas could be holding over PPD that they would be giving her son a pass on Kelsie disappearing?...

as far as the signs being stolen ...I think someone must be afraid that someone who knows something (like a grandparent perhaps?) might see one of those signs on a casual trip to Walmart and realize this story is far from over...

You know I'm really beginning to believe LE are corrupt in Colorado. There's this case, just re-watched Amy Fallis's case on Dateline, and then there's JonBenet Ramsey. All screwed up/not pursued by Denver area PD! No justice, and the perps got away with murder in all 3 of these cases!

I follow a few missing persons cases, but this is one of the saddest ones. It is so evident what happened here.

Pueblo police say state authorities are joining the investigation into the disappearance of a Denver woman there in 2013.

The Pueblo Chieftain reported Wednesday that the city's police chief recently asked the Colorado Bureau of Investigations for help in the Kelsie Schelling case and a CBI investigator is expected to meet with police next week.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/pue...ning-kelsie-schelling-investigation/226367849

Let's hope they pick up the BF and actually do something! I hope he and his family saw the articles

Recently watched the 20/20 episode on this case and I am so angry about those interviews. I was so shocked to see that a case with so many leads was just dropped. A beautiful, young woman goes missing and nothing is being done about it. So many loopholes in the investigation. I really wish that the family gets some closure.

And don't even get me started on that Donthe.... :censored:

Hope still alive at vigil to find Kelsie Schelling
Many gathering Friday night were there to support the family of Kelsie Schelling, who has been missing since February 4, 2013.

(...)

"But I will continue to push and fight for law enforcement to find my daughter," Saxton said. "I just pray it happens, that's what I want more than anything. I want that more than justice."

Friday's vigil, was about keeping the faith and hope.

"We do have to keep fighting, and when people come out here and support us like this it really helps," Schelling said.

still missing: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

Kelsie Schelling went missing from Pueblo, Colorado on the night of February 4, 2013, after driving there from her home in Denver to meet her boyfriend, Donthe Lucas. Kelsie, then 22, was two months pregnant with the couple's child, a reported stress point in the relationship. Video released by the Pueblo Police Department Schelling's black 2011 Chevrolet Cruze parked in front of a Walmart store around noon the following day. The vehicle was left there overnight. The next morning at 7:20 a.m., an unidentified man can be seen getting into Schelling's car and driving away. The car was found a week later abandoned at Saint Mary Corwin Medical Center. Lucas Donthe has been questioned multiple times by police and, according to authorities, is the only person of interest in the case.

kelsie_schelling_update_final_4c74946f961cbc001b35bdaf3c6c3f79-nbcnews-ux-2880-1000_9aebcac6a7eadc0d02e695c6bba3f30a.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow