Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a trivial-sounding aside, but how is her name pronounced - Key-ya-ya or Ki-ah, or something totally different?

So how do we get a scanner rewind for Thursday? I've never really figured out the scanner stuff...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As a 15 year old, is there a different charge because he is a child? I would hope that he is not tried as an adult. This just seems really messed up, and not something such that a 15 year old should never again see the light of day. Furthermore, at the age of 15, there should be adequate services to successfully change his behavior ... if not, modern psychology should be deemed nonsense.
My opinion, not having a criminal justice or psychology background. We do/should lock up people for three reasons. First and most important, to prevent them from victimizing others. Second, to punish. Third, to rehabilitate the offender.

First is most important. If a 15 year old needs to be locked up for life to prevent more Kiayas from dying, that's what we need to do. Not saying he should be in a gulag and shouldn't be allowed an education/work behind bars. Just that we need to make sure he isn't responsible for more Websleuths threads in the future. One is more than enough.

For anyone that thinks he should be let back into society, how would you feel about him moving in with you and your 10 y/o girl?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that the one child who killed the other child needs rehabilitation more than punishment. In my opinion, he's wired wrong, and punishment isn't going to make any difference.

Punishment will not likely make a difference, rehabilitation won't either IMO. The thing is there are just things that cannot be fixed by anyone. Medical science is wonderful and saves many lives, but there are many people that simply cannot be saved from physical illness and/or trauma issues. Mental health issues are the same. Many strides have been made but there are still things they cannot fix. In my opinion anyone that would commit a crime of this nature needs to get the death penalty, in order to save other lives.

I doubt his violent tendencies began the day he murdered this child. I imagine he has a history of many issues, some may not be known but he likely has tortured and murdered before- possibly animals. I believe if he has an opportunity he would repeat this horror, I have no doubt about that.

My opinion, not having a criminal justice or psychology background. We do/should lock up people for three reasons. First and most important, to prevent them from victimizing others. Second, to punish. Third, to rehabilitate the offender.

First is most important. If a 15 year old needs to be locked up for life to prevent more Kiayas from dying, that's what we need to do. Not saying he should be in a gulag and shouldn't be allowed an education/work behind bars. Just that we need to make sure he isn't responsible for more Websleuths threads in the future. One is more than enough.

For anyone that thinks he should be let back into society, how would you feel about him moving in with you and your 10 y/o girl?

Exactly Wrigley's human well said, I'm all for giving a kid a second chance who stole a car or whatever but for killing a beutiful innocent young girl no just no leniency from me I'm afraid. 15 or 25 years old I don't care he knew damn well what he was doing scarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad there's been an arrest, but depressed that it's who we thought it was going to be.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I too am sad the perp is so young, and practically family to her; as a teacher I know so many great kids his age and can not fathom any of them doing something like this...this is why I was attempting to play devil's advocate or whatever. However, I am so glad it was a fairly open and shut case, and not an unknown older perp (even though the end result for Kiaya and her family would have been the same, her murdered), because otherwise that would have meant an unknown killer roaming the neighborhood free to prey on more children.

I wonder if he was at the vigil yesterday like GG was in Jenise's case, all the time being watched, or if he was already in temporary custody being interrogated at the time.

(Slightly O/T, I'm finding the discussion whether a 15 year old is rehabilitable interesting...)

Or to add to your last sentence, as a teacher, being my in my classroom/vicinity with other kids...

(O/T, I shudder to think what if this teen had been cleared, and the brutal killer was still out there...when Jessica was murdered as you guys know I hit the streets and ended up coming face to face with ARS, at the time not knowing it was him, the killer (I thought "nah, too young..."). I have no doubt I would have done the same here, gone out looking for him. Thank God...last night I was thinking about how I was "born for this mission". This maybe sounds comical or crazy I know but I'm serious as a heart attack. Thank goodness we have all been spared, the entire community and beyond, with his arrest. )

Kiaya
:heartbeat:
:rose:

My .02 : Were any signs before her murder that she should not have been left alone around him ??

It's scary enough that single parents have to be extra cautious when dating add to the mix of being cautious if they have kids too. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A child cannot vote because of the limited ability to make an informed choice. There are significant differences between a child and an adult. We don't know how or why the ten year was murdered, but can be sure that it was child-type reasoning rather than adult reasoning.
While I agree it may be a childish reason. At 15 years old you know its wrong to kill someone. Not one of his reasons will ever be good enough and I hope they throw the book at him. Kiaya didnt deserve this no matter the reason. Her family doesnt deserve the pain they are all now in. I hope he's tried as an adult and they lock him up and throw away the key.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, please do not post rumors on the thread. Everything needs to be supported by a MSM link or a statement from LE. The 15 year old boy who has been arrested has not been named publicly by LE or MSM yet. Please do not post his name or picture here until LE releases his identity to the public. At this time we do not know if the boy will be tried in juvenile court or adult court.

Thank you!

IMO there was no sexual assault and her murder was horrific for other reasons

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads