Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychology and Psychiatry fields specifically claim the ability to modify behavior. Proper treatment by qualified professionals should result in behavior modification.

*Should* is not the same as does. How many pedophiles NEVER reoffend after "treatment"? Murderers? Drug abusers? Rapists? Robbers?

Those numbers would be dismal, I'm afraid. Nobody on the planet knows how to help and how to stop it. Our prisons and crime rate prove it.

Even though it was pretty obvious this would be the outcome the news of the arrest still has left me shocked.

While I agree it may be a childish reason. At 15 years old you know its wrong to kill someone. Not one of his reasons will ever be good enough and I hope they throw the book at him. Kiaya didnt deserve this no matter the reason. Her family doesnt deserve the pain they are all now in. I hope he's tried as an adult and they lock him up and throw away the key.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

(O/T, I shudder to think what if this teen had been cleared, and the brutal killer was still out there...when Jessica was murdered as you guys know I hit the streets and ended up coming face to face with ARS, at the time not knowing it was him, the killer (I thought "nah, too young..."). I have no doubt I would have done the same here, gone out looking for him. Thank God...last night I was thinking about how I was "born for this mission". This maybe sounds comical or crazy I know but I'm serious as a heart attack. Thank goodness we have all been spared, the entire community and beyond, with his arrest. )

Kiaya
:heartbeat:
:rose:

Whoa, I missed that. I was very interested in that thread because I didn't live that far away and had kids the same age as Jessica. How did you run into him? Did he set off your hunky meter at all?

Whoa, I missed that. I was very interested in that thread because I didn't live that far away and had kids the same age as Jessica. How did you run into him? Did he set off your hunky meter at all?

(I don't went to derail the thread from Kiaya's case so I'll look to see if I can link a post...I've got a million windows open right now because I'm in the "Foxfire Rabbit Hole"...wait, I guess that would make it a FoxHole! )

(And yes, my hunky meter is always working :biggrin: )

So, anyway, back to the discussion at hand, yes, Locard's Principal, that's exaaaaactly what I was gonna say! :wink:

"The department thanked the public for its help and has said that it already has collected a large amount of evidence. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping in the investigation."

Thornton police still following tips surrounding 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell’s death
A large amount of evidence has already been collected
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/10/kiaya-campbell-death-thornton-police/

Bit of a trivial-sounding aside, but how is her name pronounced - Key-ya-ya or Ki-ah, or something totally different?

Mo- SO not trivial at all, these are the questions getting lost in the sorrow and outrage... From all reports I've listened to so far, her name is pronounced "KY-uh." She had at least one t-shirt that said ALASKA on it (my home:). She had a voice like an angel. She was someone I never met and will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo- SO not trivial at all, these are the questions getting lost in the sorrow and outrage... From all reports I've listened to so far, her name is pronounced "KY-uh." She had at least one t-shirt that said ALASKA on it (my home:). She had a voice like an angel. She was someone I never met and will never forget.

Welcome CitizenAK (your second post I see).

:welcome5:

Bit of a trivial-sounding aside, but how is her name pronounced - Key-ya-ya or Ki-ah, or something totally different?

I too had immediately wondered about the pronunciation of her name (Kee-i-ya, Kaya..?) and was going to ask but saw the msm videos and learned it was pronounced like the Bob Marley song "Kaya". Beautiful name (and song).

IMO there was no sexual assault and her murder was horrific for other reasons

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think with a 15 year old boy it's almost certain he sexually assaulted her. Every case I can think of where the killer was a teenage male, it's been a component.

Now, I think Austin Sigg killed primarily to kill, but he did sexually assault Jessica too.

What seems to happen is that the male is sexually inappropriate with the girl, then ends up either killing her during the act by trying to keep her still and quiet, or kills her to keep her from telling.

My daughters are 14 and nearly 13 and I worry about their safety so much. It's SO hard to find middle ground between letting them learn to be independent and locking them in their rooms! Especially when we see so many cases on her where it was just one time in the wrong place and bam - murdered or missing.

Hello everyone. I haven't been on Websleuths in ages. I used to post alot about Jessica Ridgeway and Dylan Redwine, especially since I have a son named Dylan. We live fairly close to Thornton, and used to live even much closer. I went to help the search on Thursday night but by the time we got gathered to search, Kiaya's body was found. The officers who were at our location didn't say what had been found but I think we all just knew. I'm so saddened by the news about the 15 year old suspect, but I guess not much of a surprise. I don't really have anything to add but Kiaya's death is another Colorado child violently taken from this earth way too soon.

If not a sexual crime, maybe she found out something about him that he was doing/involved in and she threatened to tell.

Psychology and Psychiatry fields specifically claim the ability to modify behavior. Proper treatment by qualified professionals should result in behavior modification.
This is just my opinion without a link, but I have a friend who is a psychiatrist. He says that he does not treat sociopaths and some psychopaths, because there is not really anything you can do to modify their behavior. I'm sure there are different opinions on this among these professionals, but according to him, this is a popular belief among psychiatrists.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Again, a sexual component has not been mentioned, but for research and discussion purposes, because so often there is this component...:

"Treatment approaches for juveniles who commit sexual offenses also have changed since the 1970s. For many years, treatment for juveniles was largely based on models used with adult sexual offenders. However, as knowledge about the developmental, motivational, and behavioral differences between juvenile and adult sexual offenders has increased, therapeutic interventions for juveniles have become more responsive to the diversity of sexually abusive behaviors and the specific offending-related factors found among adolescents and children.*

"Juveniles who commit sexual offenses are diverse in terms of their offending behaviors and future public safety risk."

Juveniles who commit sexual offenses are clearly quite diverse in terms of their offending behaviors and future risk to public safety. In fact, they appear to have far more in common with other juvenile delinquents than they do with adult sexual offenders. This is a common theme in the literature, and the diversity found in the offending behavior and risk levels of juveniles who commit sexual offenses, as well as*the dissimilarity that exists between juveniles who commit sexual offenses and their adult counterparts, were both acknowledged by the experts at the SOMAPI forum. Juveniles are generally more impulsive and less aware of the consequences of their behavior than adults. And while a few sexually abusive behaviors in youth are compulsive and reflective of a recurrent pattern of social deviance, others may be more isolated and*not*indicative of a long-term behavior pattern. Therapeutic interventions for juveniles are increasingly taking this diversity into account, along with family, peer, and other social correlates that are related to sexually abusive behavior in youth. Still, it appears that far more change is needed. As Letourneau and Borduin (2008, pp. 290–291) have pointed out:"

*more at link

Chapter 5: Effectiveness of Treatment for Juveniles Who Sexually Offend*
by Roger Przybylski
https://www.smart.gov/SOMAPI/sec2/ch5_treatment.html

"Youth who commit sexual offenses are not necessarily "little adults;" many will not continue to offend sexually. This is a formative area of research; while there is an ever-increasing body of knowledge regarding the etiologies of dysfunction and aggression, there remains a tremendous need for additional data to understand the etiology of juveniles sexual offending."

Understanding Juvenile Sexual Offending Behavior: Emerging Research, Treatment Approaches and Management Practices
http://www.csom.org/pubs/juvbrf10.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member