Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thornton police spokesman Officer Victor Avila would not say whether the 15-year-old acquaintance Campbell was walking with is the teen who was arrested."

(Cough)

Snip

"The 15-year-old was arrested at around 11:38 p.m. Saturday and was booked into the Adams County Juvenile Facility, police said.*

The investigation is still ongoing."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ction-with-10-year-old-thornton-girls-killing

Going back to this, I know a lot of us know his identity without being told by police just yet, but I wanted to point out that they called him a 15yo acquaintance. Not just one of the 15yo's out running around that night.

This was so much more than anger. 50% of households are divorced/single parents ... my parents included. Murders are committed all the time for no apparent reason such as anger. People can use anger to overcome challenges and propel themselves to greatness (Chevy Chase is one example). When anger has a dark, violent underbelly, animals and smaller people are not safe. Especially disturbing is that this has probably been on his mind for some time.

I've been wondering lately if the breakdown of the family unit contributes to higher violence rates...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The killers of Jamie Bulger in the UK, seem to have been successfully rehabilitated, but they were much younger.

Interestingly, I think that I met one of those young men, when I worked overseas. He was 24 years old at the time, with the same initials and a different spelling of the same Christian name. He was a bit of an odd bod, and immature and quite needy. He told a colleaque of mine that he had done something terrible when he was a child. When my friend told him that we had all done things that we are ashamed of and he should forgive the child that he was, he answered that he had forgiven himself, but the world would never forgive him.

Were they the two who were never identified by name, only by pseudonyms? I just read an interesting article about them.

FWIW, I am not interested in trying him as an adult just for the sake of vengeance. I am interested in trying him as an adult so he is locked away from my kids and their future kids. And if there is any sort of recessive gene that dictates this behavior, I'd be better knowing he couldn't procreate.

sometimes, oncologists are unable to bring a cancer patient to remission, and they die. that does not mean oncology is a complete failure.

Psychology and Psychiatry fields specifically claim the ability to modify behavior. Proper treatment by qualified professionals should result in behavior modification.

"Thornton police spokesman Officer Victor Avila would not say whether the 15-year-old acquaintance Campbell was walking with is the teen who was arrested."

(Cough)

Snip

"The 15-year-old was arrested at around 11:38 p.m. Saturday and was booked into the Adams County Juvenile Facility, police said.*

The investigation is still ongoing."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ction-with-10-year-old-thornton-girls-killing

Going back to this, I know a lot of us know his identity without being told by police just yet, but I wanted to point out that they called him a 15yo acquaintance. Not just one of the 15yo's out running around that night.
Yes, the police referred to him as an acquaintance but they refused to disclose if he was the one arrested.

Finally caught up from the weekend. I thought the posts would never end lol

I feel like this was not a SA motive.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned bullying here as of yet. I think this kid may have been a bully (I tend to believe bullies are hiding / bottling up emotions or trauma and bullying is the result). I think it is very plausible this kid was a bully and this time the bullying turned into torture. Bullying wasn't enough, he wanted to hurt her more... and this is where the premeditation comes in.

I think this is a severely disturbed bully. I think IF IF IF this is the son of the father's GF, then perhaps he may have resentment towards the parents in this situation. He may had been forced to hang with KC. He may be resentful of having to move rooms or accommodate her living needs in the house. Perhaps he was jealous of her spirit, her pure energy or ability to light up a room. Perhaps she was favored in the household?

OR if none of the above is true, than perhaps KC was just too perfect of a victim to take his bullying to the next level. She was accessible, she defenseless, she was naive and trusting, she was family... who could or would suspect him?

There may have been SA as an after thought but not original intention... I think that IF SA was the premeditation motive that KC wouldn't have been his victim. I think he would have been more likely to develop a "crush" or "sexual desire" with a school peer or neighbor. KC was developed for a girl her age but I don't see SA as the motive, perhaps as an after thought or during the crime. BUT I could be wrong.

JMO, IMO, IMHO

Were they the two who were never identified by name, only by pseudonyms? I just read an interesting article about them.

No, these boys were named John Venables and Robert Thompson. They were given new names and identities upon release.

To be honest, young people who kill scare me more than any others...I mean there can't even be a "real" motive, just a desire or need to do harm. Not done for monetary gain or love triangles, etc, like most murders, as a rule. Jmo

from your link:

Monday, June 12 — The 15-year-old's mother appeared with quiet demeanor in a 1:30 p.m. detention hearing before a judge closed the hearing, denying media access.

Can you imagine? This poor woman.

I will be interested to hear if "whoever was responsible" was taking antidepressants or the like.

Is everipedia.com an official site?

You mean one we can use here? I doubt it.

Unlike Wikipedia, Everipedia allows anyone to create a page about any individual person, any organization, or any thing. Creating an Everipedia page is as simple as pasting a URL into the site’s search bar which automatically populates the information into it. Mahbod said he even created an Everipedia page for his mom: “I had to make one for her. Otherwise, she would kick my *advertiser censored*.”

Mahbod Moghadam was founder of Genius (aka “Rap Genius”) the definitive online lyrics/everything annotation platform. He is now cofounder of Everipedia, known as the “**** Wikipedia”. Internet Grand Wizard Marc Andreessen has called Mahbod “The greatest community manager since Caterina Fake of Flickr” - that’s real.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vip-sitaraman/qa-mahbod-moghadam-cofoun_b_8529940.html

I hope Kiaya's sibling/s are ok and receiving some counselling. I can't imagine the pain the family and loved ones are feeling. Her little friends must be so confused and sad. This is just so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wondering lately if the breakdown of the family unit contributes to higher violence rates...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would have to. Children are often angry when a home is broken...or when there is a lot of arguing or violence in the home. It is so hard on the children, no matter how it is handled and many do not handle it like adults should, making it harder on the children. I wish people would choose a mate and get married far more carefully and thoughtfully. I also wish people would think long and hard before getting a divorce, especially with children involved. I do know some situations cannot be remedied but I have personally known many people that divorced and then regretted it later. I think we have romanticized marriage to the point some people are not realistic about the ups and down that are normal. Some truly seem to expect the fairy tale version of happily ever after and expect perfection in their mate and marriage. I have often thought we should make getting married much harder and possibly make divorce at least cheaper if not easier, we may have it backwards.

Well adjusted children have a really hard time with parents divorcing and accepting new adults as boyfriend/girlfriend or step parents. I am sure if a child has any emotional or mental issues already it is surely compounded.

I never heard a practitioner of either profession claim that they can successfully modify any behavior to something else.
I also don't think that medicine as a whole failed, either, simply because there are, sadly, still several incurable diseases and conditions.

MOO
I agree with you Rescuer. Also, I've never heard any Dr say they could cure/modify or improve a true psychopath. We don't know if this boy is one. We don't even know how he killed her yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member