Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kdvr.com/2017/06/12/teen-accused-of-killing-10-year-old-thornton-girl-appears-in-court/

Teen accused of killing 10-year-old Thornton girl appears in court

The suspect's parents were in attendance for the hearing.

His mother kept her sunglasses on.

His father was wearing a crucifix on a chain around his neck. He waved it in front the news media and said "Jesus" before entering court.

He later read from a bible while waiting for his very boyish-looking son to appear for the detention hearing.

The video is...interesting.

I am finding this all a bit strange. There are horrific cases on this site, that haven't caused so much outrage when they are committed by grown men.
No one knows at this stage whether the older child is psychopath or what led to the murder.

I would think that being 15 was a mitigating factor not increased criminality.

The outrage comes down to the ages of the suspect and victim. It's always good grist for the mill. Not surprised by it at all. It's getting so much attention because of the ages involved and the police have someone in custody.

The video is...interesting.

From the video and transcript:

"Police say the 10-year-old girl left her father’s Thornton home Wednesday night with the suspect, her father’s girlfriend’s 15-year-old son."

Ack! Every link I click tonight through Tapatalk goes to a black page :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok- watched video- something really weird about the "father".of the suspect. ......9news said , he will be charged as an adult.

:wave:

With Tricia's approval, this thread is going to be closed overnight & it will reopen first thing tomorrow morning. Please wrap up any thoughts you have for this evening. Thread will be closing in 10. Thanks!

The issue with cognitive development is that a "normal"/neurotypical person, they understand at a pretty young age 5+ish that if they hurt someone it's not okay and if something is dead it's bad and they aren't coming back. The developmental timing can cause poor judgement in teens, i.e. I can make this drive home drunk, I'm invincible. Not I can kill this child and all will be fine for everyone.

This perfectly expresses my thoughts on this..very well said..some of the comments on this and defense if you will of this "child" are hard for me to read. This person made his decision so if his life is wasted HE wasted it..not society for punishing him for taking an innocent life, he did. That innocent life will never experience all the things she could have because of him. So please why are we so worried about defending why he may have done what he did or how he isn't developed enough to know you can't take another person's life? I just don't get it...

Not that they would go but I wonder if the victim's family can be in the hearing for a juvenile.

:wave:

With Tricia's approval, this thread is going to be closed overnight & it will reopen first thing tomorrow morning. Please wrap up any thoughts you have for this evening. Thread will be closing in 10. Thanks!

Goodnight...see y'all in the morning.

This thread is open for posting

Gosh you people wake up late! I'm almost ready for lunch!

Gosh you people wake up late! I'm almost ready for lunch!

LOL thats what i was thinking, we must be east half, lotsa mods out west.
Anyhow, I saw this brand new news article come out this morning... horrific out of Michigan and it goes hand-in-hand with what we've sort of been discussing on the side here about Psychopaths and I just thought I'd share the link here of this cold-blooded Psychopathic killer in his own words absolutely chilling

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/db_330498/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=HnmRZRSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth