CO CO - Kim Remmel, 47, Arvada, 25 May 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Vehicle in need of clutch, leaking oil, may have bad brakes."

I hadn't noticed this before on Kim's Namus page. Hikers and walkers in Colorado anywhere close to Arvada, please keep an eye out for her white Mazda, in case she went off the road.

Kim has been missing since May 2012. No news at all, so far. Here's a link to her Namus page:https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/14997

Here's a link to the trail route, entered on her Namus page:
http://grindmtn.com/colorado-trails/peru-creek-trail-dillon-colorado

As one of Kim's Facebook friends, I want you all to know that we do care. Her Facebook page still appears as it did May 25, 2012. Nothing has been deleted and nothing has been added. It is just frozen in time. I'm not sure why it would appear that way to people from here.
Thank you for starting this thread and caring about Kim. It is frustrating how little publicity this case has received, but as I understand it, the media will not take it and run without consent from the family. Please keep thinking of her and looking. We are.

Why would anyone think she up and left, if she left her cat? Did I read that right, about a kitty? Her name seems so familiar to me...maybe from some animal rescue organization. I know it can be very depressing work at times and overwhelming, with no end in sight as far as the numbers. :(

She was very involved with rescue work for wild horses. Could it be that? Possibly with dogs too, as Kim seemed very fond of them.

*Yes, the cat was left behind and was discovered by her aunt, I believe.

As one of Kim's Facebook friends, I want you all to know that we do care. Her Facebook page still appears as it did May 25, 2012. Nothing has been deleted and nothing has been added. It is just frozen in time. I'm not sure why it would appear that way to people from here.
Thank you for starting this thread and caring about Kim. It is frustrating how little publicity this case has received, but as I understand it, the media will not take it and run without consent from the family. Please keep thinking of her and looking. We are.

Welcome! It is so nice to have new input for Kim.

Do you know what the FB looked like before May? Were there lots more photos that Kim suddenly deleted?

Thanks Treelights. I couldn't find that information for some reason.

I don't recall this being posted. It is a video all about Kim's rescue and love of her beautiful dog Dakota. It is extremely moving and also sad and maybe a little ominous. How was Dakota's life cut short?

The happiness and affection of that formerly mistreated pooch in the photo speaks volumes to me about Kim's nature. What a lovely lady.

http://youtu.be/Q0lDKLgx-T4

Welcome to webslueths, 2Gr8Tervs! Kim's story is heartbreaking. I will never understand how her family can be so unconcerned as to her whereabouts. Even if they were estranged, once it was apparent she had met with some kind of misfortune, they should have put out a public plea to find her. Did you know Kim in real life? Does Kim have any family members on her fb? Thanks in advance!

Welcome! It is so nice to have new input for Kim.

Do you know what the FB looked like before May? Were there lots more photos that Kim suddenly deleted?

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed with her Facebook account.

Welcome to webslueths, 2Gr8Tervs! Kim's story is heartbreaking. I will never understand how her family can be so unconcerned as to her whereabouts. Even if they were estranged, once it was apparent she had met with some kind of misfortune, they should have put out a public plea to find her. Did you know Kim in real life? Does Kim have any family members on her fb? Thanks in advance!

I did not know Kim in real life though we did converse with her online. Her dog Dakota was in need of surgery which she couldn't afford. I urged her to ask her FB friends for small donations. He did get the surgery, but sadly was hit by a car and died not long after his recovery.

Does anyone know if there have actually been any SAR operations organized to look for Kim's car off those mountain roads? It just seems crazy to me that she has been missing so long, in such a noticeable vehicle and no information has come in at all.

Police don't seem to have issued a single update either. Whatever is going on?

I'm impressed with your tenacious sleuthing Zwiebel. If I go missing, I hope you stick with me too!!

I have a question for anyone reading this.

If someone had a Facebook page at one time and then closed it or deleted it or whatever FB people do, is there any way to find it again?

Just bumping this from upthread.

I don't think there is. Unless someone took screenshots. If that were to happen in the case of a person who later went missing, it would sure make me suspicious though.

I'm still waiting for LE's first update on their search for Kim.

A person could just delete all their photos and information I suppose, but why would they want to do that?

A person could just delete all their photos and information I suppose, but why would they want to do that?

I think it was mentioned that Kim had a problem with a stalker or ex.
The question I have is, what's happening with Kim's disability checks? Do they just pile up in the bank if she has direct deposit, or do they keep being delivered to her aunt's house if not? It's going on 2 years now, so she should have something between $12,000 and $23,000 stockpiled if she's not accessing the funds, and I don't believe she is. If she's not found, will her next of kin get that money and all funds due her after a period of time? If she is found, will they get all the money that's been coming in, even if they think she perished right after disappearing? I really have no idea. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back