CO CO - Kyo Miller, 87, Aurora, Arapahoe County, 15 Dec 2018 *suspicious disappearance*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Aurora Police Department

#MISSING On December 15, 2018 Mrs. Kyo Miller, an 87 year old Aurora resident, was reported missing by her friends.

Since then, Aurora Police Department investigators have been actively investigating her disappearance.

Circumstances in this case now lead investigators to believe Mrs. Millers disappearance is suspicious.

Mrs. Miller was last known to be living with her ex-husband Eldred Miller, 72 years old, and his current wife Galyna Miller, 53 years old at a home in Aurora located in the 3400 block of South Halifax Way.

If you or anyone you know have any information about Mrs. Miller’s whereabouts, or have any information you want to share with investigators, please call Agent Szuch at 303-739-6068.

Please share this information to assist us in locating her, or learning more about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

You can also call Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP where your tip is anonymous and may make you eligible for a reward for up to $2,000.00.

upload_2019-2-8_4-40-14.pngupload_2019-2-8_4-40-27.jpeg

MISSING: Colorado woman, case considered suspicious

This is not looking good at all. She has probably been gone a lot longer than a month or two. I think someone has some explaining to do!

Friends of Miller, a married couple, say Miller was bedridden. She had family in Japan so it was her friends who took care of her.

“She needed somebody to help her,” said one of the friends, who didn’t want to be identified.

Miller could no longer walk and was in a nursing home until just over a year ago. That’s when her ex-husband moved her back into her home in Aurora. And then no one could reach her.

Missing Woman Kyo Miller’s Disappearance Considered Suspicious

This is not looking good at all. She has probably been gone a lot longer than a month or two. I think someone has some explaining to do!

Friends of Miller, a married couple, say Miller was bedridden. She had family in Japan so it was her friends who took care of her.

“She needed somebody to help her,” said one of the friends, who didn’t want to be identified.

Miller could no longer walk and was in a nursing home until just over a year ago. That’s when her ex-husband moved her back into her home in Aurora. And then no one could reach her.

Missing Woman Kyo Miller’s Disappearance Considered Suspicious

That’s super disconcerting. They (exhusband & his wife) can’t possibly think they’d get away with killing her (IF they did), right? Just because they’re free now doesn’t mean they will always be. It’s obvious they’re the top 2 on the suspect list. I hate when the elderly are taken advantage of and/or abused. This is all purely jmo.

Kyo Miller, 87, of Aurora has vanished, seemingly without a trace, and police are tight-lipped about her disappearance. And the mystery seems to deepen the more we learn about it.

“It just kind of seems odd,” said one neighbor who spoke to Denver7 but did not want to be identified.

First, Miller was reported missing on Dec. 15, but police only informed the public this Thursday , 55 days after that report.

“Things that (investigators) learned have indicated that her disappearance may be suspicious in nature,” said Anthony Camacho, spokesman for the Aurora Police Department.

Second, neighbors say even though she was reported missing Dec. 15, she’s been gone a lot longer.

“They haven’t seen her in over a year,” a neighbor said of Miller’s closer neighbors.

More at 87-year-old vanishes while living with ex-husband and his current wife

Wow! This is not good at all.

Kyo Miller, 87, of Aurora has vanished, seemingly without a trace, and police are tight-lipped about her disappearance. And the mystery seems to deepen the more we learn about it.

“It just kind of seems odd,” said one neighbor who spoke to Denver7 but did not want to be identified.

First, Miller was reported missing on Dec. 15, but police only informed the public this Thursday , 55 days after that report.

“Things that (investigators) learned have indicated that her disappearance may be suspicious in nature,” said Anthony Camacho, spokesman for the Aurora Police Department.

Second, neighbors say even though she was reported missing Dec. 15, she’s been gone a lot longer.

“They haven’t seen her in over a year,” a neighbor said of Miller’s closer neighbors.

More at 87-year-old vanishes while living with ex-husband and his current wife

Wow! This is not good at all.

Holy cow! That’s awful! HOW does an elderly woman go off the radar for over a year, and NOBODY notices?! It would seem that you’d see her out going to get groceries or out to eat or something. People usually have routines. Example only: For instance, every Thursday, she goes to the grocery store. Wouldn’t someone notice if she hadn’t been seen out on Thursday for a while? Neighbors might wave to her or just see her outside on Thursdays. She seems to be a very put together lovely elderly woman. She’d catch people’s eye. Perhaps, those people could help determine when they last saw her for the timeline.

I’m from an area that would notice this kind of thing. For instance, I’d ask the couple if she was ok. If I didn’t trust their answers (I’m NOT a very trusting person, as I presume most of us here on WS aren’t), I’d call police for a welfare check. The thing I think about is did she get a Social Security check. Those are mostly direct deposit now, I think. But, the ex & his wife would likely have access to her bank account. If paper checks, LE could check to see if they’d been forging her signature. Kyo’s bank account may very well help solve this. I’d assume LE has checked that....right? Especially the Social Security angle. Any way you slice it, the ex and his wife are looking guilty as sin on steroids.

This is all JMO.

Taking off the rose-colored glasses for this one...

*IMHO* Kyo is long gone at hands of ex & current wife. She was removed from nursing home for reasons including financial gain. In-home care (which can be sofa king overwhelming if you're new or unskilled) was either insuffucient, leading to Kyo's death - OR - natural death took over but was hidden to further financial gain. Gross.

Taking off the rose-colored glasses for this one...

*IMHO* Kyo is long gone at hands of ex & current wife. She was removed from nursing home for reasons including financial gain. In-home care (which can be sofa king overwhelming if you're new or unskilled) was either insuffucient, leading to Kyo's death - OR - natural death took over but was hidden to further financial gain. Gross.

I, too, think this could have some kind of financial angle to it. Maybe LE will discover it, and proceed with an arrest(s). Of course, that’s JMO. I wish we had some kind of evidence at all in this case. IF it had been a year since anyone last saw her, that’s a LONG time to do damage control. They may never find her, bless her heart.:(

Kyo Miller – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since 01/01/2018
  • Missing From Aurora, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Asian
  • Age 87 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Asian female. Gray hair, brown eyes. Kyo's ears are pierced. She is of Japanese descent.
Details of Disappearance
Kyo was last seen in Aurora, Colorado sometime in 2018. She could no longer walk and was bedridden, and as her family all lives in Japan, friends helped care for her. She had been staying in a nursing home, but in early 2018 her ex-husband, Eldred Miller, moved her back into the home they both owned in the 3400 block of south Halifax Way in Aurora. Eldred and his current wife also lived there.

After she moved back home, Kyo stopped communicating with her friends. They tried to call her, and went to visit her home, but no one answered the door or the phone. Then one day Eldred accused one of Kyo's friends of trespassing and called the police. The friend explained the situation to the police, who were able to confirm that Kyo was inside the house, but said she did not want to speak to any of her friends. This was highly uncharacteristic of her behavior.

In December 2018, Kyo's brother in Japan contacted one of her friends and said he was worried, as he hadn't heard from Kyo in a long time. The friend contacted the police, who attempted to do a welfare check on Kyo. The first time they went to her house, no one answered the door. The second time, they gained entry to the house and Kyo wasn't there, and neighbors said they hadn't seen her in over a year. The authorities began a missing persons investigation, but didn't make the matter public until February 2019.

In April 2020, Eldred was arrested and charged with theft, identity theft, financial exploitation and criminal impersonation; the victim was Kyo. A photo of him is posted with this case summary. Although he hasn't been charged in connection with Kyo's actual disappearance, police stated she is missing under suspicious circumstances. Her case remains unsolved.

I'd imagine her family would do more to find her if it weren't that they live all the way in Japan and, most likely, have difficulties navigating any language barriers that might exist. So I suppose that leaves it up to the people of Colorado and U.S. residents. There are multiple issues with this case, imo. We have an elderly woman who "disappeared" under very suspicious circumstances. She has not been seen nor heard from in almost two years. There's been an arrest in regards to non-violent criminal activity against her yet not much else going on in the way of her disappearance. Why hasn't there been a search of the property? Couldn't they get search warrants based on his charges of theft, ID theft, etc.?

Where are the elderly advocates?:confused: Who's looking for Ms. Miller? Where's the search? Where does the investigation stand? Eldred can't be intelligent enough to outwit seasoned investigators during rounds of intense questioning, can he? What about his current wife? Figure it out before their old *advertiser censored**es take secrets with them on their way out. This woman deserves justice and her loved ones deserve answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara
Back