Deceased/Not Found CO - Lea Chali Porter, 19, Westminster, 5 June 2014 - *C. Waide guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/06/1...having-heroin/

Quote:
Porter was visiting Waide from Pueblo. She was distraught about a recent breakup with her boyfriend, but Waide says Porter was only in town one day before he confronted her about allegedly having heroin on her.

“Then shortly afterwards she took off,” Waide said. “I thought she was just angry at me because I was playing the part of the concerned friend”...

BBM

Sometimes the truth leaks out when killers speak. He says right there, he was ' JUST PLAYING THE PART of a concerned friend. ' :facepalm:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/06/1...having-heroin/

Quote:
Porter was visiting Waide from Pueblo. She was distraught about a recent breakup with her boyfriend, but Waide says Porter was only in town one day before he confronted her about allegedly having heroin on her.

“Then shortly afterwards she took off,” Waide said. “I thought she was just angry at me because I was playing the part of the concerned friend”...

BBM

Sometimes the truth leaks out when killers speak. He says right there, he was ' JUST PLAYING THE PART of a concerned friend. ' :facepalm:

Right, not only that, but I thought this sounded off:
" “I was told that I’m not a suspect, but I just want to be as cooperative as possible to make sure I stay that way,” Waide said. "
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/06/12/friend-says-he-confronted-missing-teen-about-having-heroin/

It was like he thought as long as he cooperates, then how could they ever think that he would be a suspect?
IMOO.

I'm a bit confused ... how could he be helping authorities search for her body, if he's being held on bail?

And why would he have to search, wouldn't he KNOW where her body was?

One more bit: he confessed to her brother that he killed her and told them how, but then said he's worried and hopes she is found????

Uh. So many different stories going around. I've just been reading the FB page of her boyfriend (or ex boyfriend???) and it's just craziness. :dunno:

I'm a bit confused ... how could he be helping authorities search for her body, if he's being held on bail?

And why would he have to search, wouldn't he KNOW where her body was?

One more bit: he confessed to her brother that he killed her and told them how, but then said he's worried and hopes she is found????

I believe he is "helping" LE search by telling them what dumpster he put her body in. I doubt he is out there physically searching. That dumpster has since been emptied, so LE is trying to find her at the landfill.

I will be so angry and heartbroken if this is another "deceased not found" in a landfill. :banghead:

BBM:

LE should make HIM search the landfill.

I hate even thinking about her being there, it's terrible. I pray she is found quickly.

Omg, that's a great idea. Seriously! That's exactly what they should do. I am not kidding. Throw him out there to find her body with a perimeter of police supervision so there's no chance of him escaping.

ETA: it wouldn't surprise me if they're already doing this now that I think more about it.

I was actually just thinking about the poor dogs that also search these landfills. I would be worried about them cutting their paws on sharp objects like broken glass and jagged tin can lids.

jmo

I personally don't want this "man" to ever be outside again. I never want him to feel the sun on his face, or the elation a cool breeze can elicit on a warm summer day. Not even if he's choking on landfill fumes. Well, maybe if we can concentrate the methane ;)
I pray they find Lea. I don't know what's worse, having your baby girl being missing forever with no idea where, or to know that she's laying in debris.
I want this guy to get the death penalty. Even if he never gets it, I want it hanging over his head.

Interesting. I was just reading the bfs fb page also, and I see that they are searching in Cotopaxi. I think that's brilliant, seeing as how murderers dispose of their victims in places they are comfortable with. He may have done unspeakable things to Lea and not want them to find her remains. I'm still trying to figure out why he would take her to a park to kill her when he had his own apt. This is a residential neighborhood right off one of the busiest streets in the Denver Metro area. According to the bfs fb, CW put her in trash bags and a duffel bag. I can't imagine he brought that to the park? I think they're spot on in not believing his story and sleuthing this on their own. I have a lot of admiration for the brother and boyfriend in taking matters in their own hands. How they didn't kill the guy, I'll never know. They have more willpower than I do.

QMFR:

snipped by me

I was actually just thinking about the poor dogs that also search these landfills. I would be worried about them cutting their paws on sharp objects like broken glass and jagged tin can lids.

jmo

I also want to add not only cutting their paws on something, but eating something rancid and getting sick.

QMFR:

I also want to add not only cutting their paws on something, but eating something rancid and getting sick.

They make protective shoes, for lack of a better word, for dogs and search dogs are there to work, not eat. Even if they lost focus, unlikely, of the job at hand long enough to be interested in eating something they found, they are trained not to do so. When my Shepherd and Dobie were focused on something you could wave a raw steak in front of their noses and they'd never even know it was there. They were just pets with no major training. I can't imagine a search dog would be any less intense.

They make protective shoes, for lack of a better word, for dogs and search dogs are there to work, not eat. Even if they lost focus, unlikely, of the job at hand long enough to be interested in eating something they found, they are trained not to do so. When my Shepherd and Dobie were focused on something you could wave a raw steak in front of their noses and they'd never even know it was there. They were just pets with no major training. I can't imagine a search dog would be any less intense.

Thanks, duh on my part on the protective shoes, I should have figured. Thanks for responding.

Re: the dogs being focused enough to not eat anything, that is some serious focus. My dogs will eat anything and everything. Which, o/t, again reminds me of the idiot around here in Colorado planting poisoned meatballs...one dog has already died, others sick. I've created a thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246253

Interesting. I was just reading the bfs fb page also, and I see that they are searching in Cotopaxi. I think that's brilliant, seeing as how murderers dispose of their victims in places they are comfortable with. He may have done unspeakable things to Lea and not want them to find her remains. I'm still trying to figure out why he would take her to a park to kill her when he had his own apt. This is a residential neighborhood right off one of the busiest streets in the Denver Metro area. According to the bfs fb, CW put her in trash bags and a duffel bag. I can't imagine he brought that to the park? I think they're spot on in not believing his story and sleuthing this on their own. I have a lot of admiration for the brother and boyfriend in taking matters in their own hands. How they didn't kill the guy, I'll never know. They have more willpower than I do.

He does have a roommate so maybe that could be why he didn't kill her at the apartment?
IMOO.

Margarita25, when the working harness goes on, tracking dogs go into work mode. They are there to work only. Stopping to eat or play or roll in something dead and deliciously (to them) smelly is not part of the equation. Even if it were tho, they are normally trained to eat only what they are fed by their handler. It takes a lot of time to train a dog to be able to work. You wouldn't want to risk the dog getting poisoned by some creep and having to start all over from scratch.

christopher-waide2.jpg

Christopher Waide (credit: Westminster Police)

Do you ever look at some of the alleged perpetrator pix and think, "my, evolution and genetics were not kind?"
I do.

Re dogs cutting their paws in landfills - I was just talking about this yesterday with my husband. The thing is, we take care of stray dogs here in India and currently there is a mother with 3 puppies who we are feeding every day. They live in a large empty plot where people from all over the neighborhood throw their household garbage over the fence - a common thing here to do. (Yes it's disgusting, but there are no dumpsters or garbage disposal trucks here so people don't know what to do with their garbage.) So of course there is lot of broken glass, wires, and tin cans etc on that ground. The puppies are now about 4 months old and I was saying to my husband just yesterday that it is really astonishing that none of them has any cuts in their paws given that they also run around and play as puppies do in the midst of all that garbage. One however died of what looked like a poisoning last month. It's not the first time that I see a stray dog succumb to what looks like ingestion of something poisonous but I virtually never see any cuts in paws. I assume dogs must be quite aware and clever about where they step.

I personally don't want this "man" to ever be outside again. I never want him to feel the sun on his face, or the elation a cool breeze can elicit on a warm summer day. Not even if he's choking on landfill fumes. Well, maybe if we can concentrate the methane ;)
I pray they find Lea. I don't know what's worse, having your baby girl being missing forever with no idea where, or to know that she's laying in debris.
I want this guy to get the death penalty. Even if he never gets it, I want it hanging over his head.

I am wondering after he was recorded by Lea's brother and Lea's boyfriend, about the murder, what happened next? Did they beat the crap out of him? Were they calm? How did they handle That????
IMOO.
ETA:
"That alleged confession was recorded with 911 on the line."
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/06/13/friend-allegedly-confessed-to-murder-of-missing-woman/

Do you ever look at some of the alleged perpetrator pix and think, "my, evolution and genetics were not kind?"
I do.

No, I look at what he did as "not kind".
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
There is a lid for every pot.
IMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member