CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please stay on topic by discussing the case.

Some posts have been removed.

Discussing whether or not a news link should or should not be allowed is off topic. Although some media ratings consider NY Post anywhere from far right to slightly right of center, we are allowing it for discussion. It is up to members whether they wish to rely on it or not. If you don't approve of the content, please scroll on by without bickering over it.

As always, if you have issues with the discussion, use the Report feature to have Mods or Admins review, rather than derailing the thread with such concerns.

Thank you.

Officer Eric Talley's Mortgage To Be Paid Off By 'Tunnels To Towers' Foundation

A foundation formed in honor of a New York firefighter who died on Sept. 11, 2001, is helping the family of a fallen police officer in Boulder. Tunnel to Towers announced it will pay off the mortgage of Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley. Officer Talley was killed responding to the grocery store shooting on Monday.

The Tunnel to Towers Fallen First Responder Home Program pays off the mortgages for the families of law enforcement officers and firefighters who are killed in the line of duty and leave behind young children.

He's Syrian correct? We've bombed Syria recently. Wonder if that angered him.

I would classify him as American, having spent 18 of his 21 years growing up in the US. And his family likely having attained US citizenship during that time.

At the time of his family immigrating to the US, refugees were flooding into Syria from Iraq. Over half a million of them. It was just a couple of years after 9/11.
Syria had not yet started its own civil war. That Syrian civil war would start about 8 years after his family landed in the US (his family arriving in the US during the George W Bush administration).

If anything, I think he would have grown up in a family that was trying to escape turbulence, not create or support it.
Which is not to say that he did not become (online) aware/influenced in more recent years, that is a possibility for anyone ... but I do think that this violence, this mass shooting, would likely be against anything that his own family believes.

Refworld | U.S. Committee for Refugees World Refugee Survey 2004 - Syria
Conflict and Migration in the Middle East: Syrian Refugees in Jordan and Lebanon
Syrian civil war - Wikipedia

Last edited:
He's Syrian correct? We've bombed Syria recently. Wonder if that angered him.
That is possible- but I have a feeling that life in general angered him.

The brief social media messages that I saw did not seem to indicate any deep seated fixation regarding US actions against Syria, nor did they seem to indicate any deeply held religious beliefs.

Rather, AA seemed to be just tossing out various themes ranging from "Rich kids get the cool cars- not fair" to "Trump is a uhmm "organ" to "Finish Ramadan strong!!" to "I need a girl friend!!" as the mood struck him.

Even his token religious reference to Ramadan / Eid seems hasty given that a relative said he apparently did not attend mosque services. In short, my guess is that rather than acting out of deep seated beliefs, AA, like a certain number of others rampaged for the following themes:

- Inherently aggressive individual with little or no meaningful employment prospects or dating prospects.

- Lacks the social skills to create friendships with his peers. Also lacks the discipline and intelligence to compensate for his lack of people skills / education in regards to better employment.

- AA then gets increasingly frustrated and increasingly angry. He then wants to show the world he is "somebody".

Last edited:
He is basically a school shooter in a supermarket setting.

A cheap "pistol" outfitted as a short rifle.

"The Ruger AR-556 is a type of AR-15, the military-style rifle that has been used in many other mass shootings."

Officer Eric Talley's Mortgage To Be Paid Off By 'Tunnels To Towers' Foundation

A foundation formed in honor of a New York firefighter who died on Sept. 11, 2001, is helping the family of a fallen police officer in Boulder. Tunnel to Towers announced it will pay off the mortgage of Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley. Officer Talley was killed responding to the grocery store shooting on Monday.

The Tunnel to Towers Fallen First Responder Home Program pays off the mortgages for the families of law enforcement officers and firefighters who are killed in the line of duty and leave behind young children.
Oh man, this hits me in the heart. The officers leaves behind 7 kids under 20 - and this type of help will indeed be a help.

Kind people exist, let's not forget.

jmo

Just getting this off my chest.

First, All of my sympathy and empathy goes to the families, loved ones and friends of those who were gunned down. Also to the citizens of Boulder and the surrounding communities in Colorado who have to bear this nightmare.

IMO, I don't care if this cretin was/is mentally ill.
I don't care if he was depressed, suppressed, oppressed or impressed. I don't care where he came from. There is absolutely no reason or excuse to gun down innocent human beings. Yet, it is being discussed non stop. I can hope that the media will not attempt to glorify him, as they did with the Boston Bombing killer Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and plaster his face on the cover of Time. That loser, DT placed a bomb right next to an 8 year old boy...on purpose. But Time went ahead and printed the copy, along with a huge article with some sad, sorry excuses for him. That disgusts me to this day. There is no excuse for mass murder, no matter how much one tries.

Praying for swift, full and complete justice for all those affected

OT my partner had a bunch of cool sweatshirts made that say "empathy is f#cking cool" and I'm wearing mine right now. IMO it is the NUMBER ONE trait that people need to be utilizing constantly, and socializing their children with.
Where did all the empathy go?? moo

I ran across this article on three types of empathy we need to cultivate and use while I was googling a definition of empathy I’ve heard: “Empathy is your pain in my heart.” This is emotional empathy. The other two forms of empathy are cognitive empathy and and compassionate empathy, which I’d never realized before. How they work together is described here:

To illustrate how these three branches of empathy work together, imagine that a friend has recently lost a close family member. Your natural reaction may be sympathy, a feeling of pity, or sorrow. Sympathy may move you to express condolences or to send a card--and your friend may appreciate these actions.

But showing empathy takes more time and effort. It begins with cognitive empathy: imagining what the person is going through. Who did they lose? How close were they to this person? Besides feelings of pain and loss, how will their life now change?

Emotional empathy will help you not only understand your friend's feelings, but share them somehow. You try to connect with something in yourself that knows the feeling of deep sorrow and emotional pain. You might remember how it felt when you lost someone close, or imagine how you would feel if you haven't had that experience.

Finally, compassionate empathy moves you to take action. You might provide a meal, so your friend doesn't need to worry about cooking. You could offer to help make necessary phone calls or do some chores around the house. Maybe you could go over to help keep them company; or, if they need to be alone, you could pick up the children and watch them for a while.

There Are Actually 3 Types of Empathy. Here's How They Differ--and How You Can Develop Them All

Something I remembered today. I shop at a King Soopers that is in the area between Arvada and Boulder and my local King Soopers has had security at the front of both entrances for the last year or so.

If this was something that was happening at all the stores around this area could be the reason he chose the store he chose. Just something to think about and take into consideration.

Did anyone catch the court appearance today?

Part of it. I was surprised when he was wheeled in, in a wheelchair. Thoughts came to mind of the Golden State Killer and how he was wheeled in. I guess he refused to appear, but judge demanded... so instead of dragging him in... they wheeled him in???

Part of it. I was surprised when he was wheeled in, in a wheelchair. Thoughts came to mind of the Golden State Killer and how he was wheeled in. I guess he refused to appear, but judge demanded... so instead of dragging him in... they wheeled him in???

He was shot through the leg. Most likely the reason he was in a wheelchair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back