CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mass shootings really are an American thing. The wild old time west. It does happen in other countries but not on a regular basis. There is a post on here a few pages back..but I could not find it. So 5-7 mass shootings in last 2 weeks. Only some catch media attention.

Mass shootings really are an American thing. The wild old time west. It does happen in other countries but not on a regular basis. There is a post on here a few pages back..but I could not find it. So 5-7 mass shootings in last 2 weeks. Only some catch media attention.

Sad but true. Look at Chicago... There was a mass shooting there last week, 15 injured and two dead?

Chicago mass shooting: Video captures moment gunman opened fire inside Park Manor warehouse party

Today, just hours ago..
Chicago shooting: 8 shot, 1 fatally, at Wrightwood gathering

Makes the local news....barely. Pretty much zip on National news..

I think that it’s more than 7 in two weeks, an article upthread from a couple days ago mentioned 7 in 7 days :(
I think it’s a lot of social ills converging all at once, and I forsee things getting worse as people seem less likely than ever to put aside their grievances to make space for others. I often wonder if quarantine and lock downs have made everyone more agitated as well.
The last year has been the first time in my life that I’ve been happy that I’m an introverted homebody.
How will we ever solve this?
No one can feel safe at parties, the grocery store, concerts, places of worship and especially school. :(

moo

What do you think a shooter feels like 24 hours, a week, or 15 months later-- waking up in their jail cell after gunning down 4, 10, or 20 random strangers?

What could the accused Boulder shooter be feeling like right now?

Satisfied?
Confused?
Lonely?
Remorseful?

In the case of the 44 yr old ND Chiropractor referenced earlier that allegedly gunned down 4 employees at a local business, I was really taken by what appeared to me to be his sense of entitlement during his last court hearing.

The hearing was set for arguments on motions by his attorneys to suppress certain evidence when about 30 minutes into the hearing, he told the Judge that he wished to address the court.

After the Judge told him to talk to his attorneys seated on either side of him in the courtroom, he cited his Sixth Amendment Rights. He went on to say:

“I’ve tried discussing it with the attorneys,” ... “They do not want me to say a word and that’s why I’m bringing this up to you myself, sir.”

And then, almost scolding the Judge, he said:

“I waited patiently for 15 months in an isolation jail cell” to bring the issues up, and with all due respect, I don’t think asking for five minutes of your undivided attention so I can do that is an unreasonable request, sir,” he said.

Reportedly, he's a model inmate and has had no issues in jail.

Is that because he's satisfied with his deed?
Proud?
Content to be in isolation?
Accepted his fate?

Maybe the adrenaline is in the stalking, planning, staging, and after the deed completed they just feel flat, deflated?

Curious about the thoughts of others.

Motion hearing takes twist as RJR homicide suspect asks to address judge

"Regarding the firearm in question, a background check of the purchaser was conducted as required by Colorado law and approval for the sale was provided by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation."

Nothing in the federal system would have prevented Alissa from passing a background check and buying a firearm, a law enforcement source had previously told CNN.

The actions of law enforcement and the "quick thinking of a lot of people in the supermarket" undoubtedly saved lives, the prosecutor said. He said investigators were still examining store shelves and walls to determine the number of shots fired.

Alissa has been moved out of county jail after officers became aware of "threats toward him" from other inmates, a jail official told CNN.
He was relocated early Wednesday morning, according to Jeff Goetz, Division Chief of the Boulder County Jail.

Boulder, Colorado shooting: Suspect Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa passed a background check - CNN

The City of Boulder has organized a collective moment of silence to honor the lives lost during the recent mass shooting in Boulder.

The event is titled “Ten Together: Moment of silence for victims of the Boulder shooting.”

Participants are asked to step outside at 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 27 and take 10 slow breaths, followed by 10 minutes of silence.

Each breath and each minute are to honor the 10 lives lost in the tragic Boulder shooting. Participants are also invited to put a fire-safe candle or light in a front window.

Though the initial event is held on Saturday, the city invites all who are able to continue this practice for 10 days.

Boulder to Honor Victims of Shooting Through Community-Wide Moment of Silence

The City of Boulder has organized a collective moment of silence to honor the lives lost during the recent mass shooting in Boulder.

The event is titled “Ten Together: Moment of silence for victims of the Boulder shooting.”

Participants are asked to step outside at 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 27 and take 10 slow breaths, followed by 10 minutes of silence.

Each breath and each minute are to honor the 10 lives lost in the tragic Boulder shooting. Participants are also invited to put a fire-safe candle or light in a front window.

Though the initial event is held on Saturday, the city invites all who are able to continue this practice for 10 days.

Boulder to Honor Victims of Shooting Through Community-Wide Moment of Silence
Thats so beautiful!
My partner, her brother and I stepped outside to do the silent 9 minutes for George Floyd (were in minneapolis) and we will certainly do it for the 10 lost in Boulder. They are from Boulder so will find that very cathartic as they are hurting. the ripples go so so far, and I've never seen a WS thread with so many people saying "ive been there" or "I was just there" etc.

I love the way communities and strangers come together to honor others, it is what everyone deserves. Some intentional empathy and connectedness to our fellow human is so needed, even more so during these especially hard times. :(

What do you think a shooter feels like 24 hours, a week, or 15 months later-- waking up in their jail cell after gunning down 4, 10, or 20 random strangers?

What could the accused Boulder shooter be feeling like right now?

Satisfied?
Confused?
Lonely?
Remorseful?

In the case of the 44 yr old ND Chiropractor referenced earlier that allegedly gunned down 4 employees at a local business, I was really taken by what appeared to me to be his sense of entitlement during his last court hearing.

The hearing was set for arguments on motions by his attorneys to suppress certain evidence when about 30 minutes into the hearing, he told the Judge that he wished to address the court.

After the Judge told him to talk to his attorneys seated on either side of him in the courtroom, he cited his Sixth Amendment Rights. He went on to say:

“I’ve tried discussing it with the attorneys,” ... “They do not want me to say a word and that’s why I’m bringing this up to you myself, sir.”

And then, almost scolding the Judge, he said:

“I waited patiently for 15 months in an isolation jail cell” to bring the issues up, and with all due respect, I don’t think asking for five minutes of your undivided attention so I can do that is an unreasonable request, sir,” he said.

Reportedly, he's a model inmate and has had no issues in jail.

Is that because he's satisfied with his deed?
Proud?
Content to be in isolation?
Accepted his fate?

Maybe the adrenaline is in the stalking, planning, staging, and after the deed completed they just feel flat, deflated?

Curious about the thoughts of others.

Motion hearing takes twist as RJR homicide suspect asks to address judge

The killers lack empathy. So, I doubt they are feel remorseful that other lives were destroyed at their hand. They do regret that they were “forced to do it.” They weren’t heard, they weren’t recognized, their beliefs weren’t being honored, the list goes on. In their minds, they had a duty to carry out to call attention to themselves or their manifesto.

If they have any regrets at all, it’s that someone in their family, their peer group, or general society just didn’t “get it”. They think others are the problem, not them - because they are special. They are the eternal victims.

jmo

Sad but true. Look at Chicago... There was a mass shooting there last week, 15 injured and two dead?

Chicago mass shooting: Video captures moment gunman opened fire inside Park Manor warehouse party

Today, just hours ago..

This Chicago incident sounds like a gang retaliation. I'm not saying it is right but I put gang violence in a different motive category than the Boulder shooter and gang violence needs a different solution.

Officer Eric Talley's Mortgage To Be Paid Off By 'Tunnels To Towers' Foundation

A foundation formed in honor of a New York firefighter who died on Sept. 11, 2001, is helping the family of a fallen police officer in Boulder. Tunnel to Towers announced it will pay off the mortgage of Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley. Officer Talley was killed responding to the grocery store shooting on Monday.

The Tunnel to Towers Fallen First Responder Home Program pays off the mortgages for the families of law enforcement officers and firefighters who are killed in the line of duty and leave behind young children.

Mr. Stiller is a wonderful man. I see him on Fox quite often. He is a man with a very good soul. His TTT organization has helped so many families. All of the proceeds goes to helping those in need.

He will have family members of fallen officers or other first responders, and military families with him on Fox. Their life stories make me cry every time. They cry too because they are so grateful to Mr. Stiller, and his organization.

He also pays off the mortgages for military families when their love one died in the line of duty or he goes in, and makes sure that the home is accessible if the service member or first responders have been left with severe disabilities.

We monetarily support TTT every month because it's a great organization doing great things for all of these families in need who have already suffered a tremendous loss by losing their love one or they have severe disabilities which incurred while in the line of duty, and no longer can work.

Jmho

Last edited:
Just getting this off my chest.

First, All of my sympathy and empathy goes to the families, loved ones and friends of those who were gunned down. Also to the citizens of Boulder and the surrounding communities in Colorado who have to bear this nightmare.

IMO, I don't care if this cretin was/is mentally ill.
I don't care if he was depressed, suppressed, oppressed or impressed. I don't care where he came from. There is absolutely no reason or excuse to gun down innocent human beings. Yet, it is being discussed non stop. I can hope that the media will not attempt to glorify him, as they did with the Boston Bombing killer Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and plaster his face on the cover of Time. That loser, DT placed a bomb right next to an 8 year old boy...on purpose. But Time went ahead and printed the copy, along with a huge article with some sad, sorry excuses for him. That disgusts me to this day. There is no excuse for mass murder, no matter how much one tries.

Praying for swift, full and complete justice for all those affected

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Well said, and I agree with you 1000 percent!

Jmho

Today, just hours ago..

Omg!

Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard anything about either of these mass shooting until you provided the link.

This should have made national news.

It makes me wonder how many more mass shootings aren't being covered by MSM nationally?

Jmho

Omg!

Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard anything about either of these mass shooting until you provided the link.

This should have made national news.

It makes me wonder how many more mass shootings aren't being covered by MSM nationally?

Jmho
Out of the 104 (or 107) we've had so far this year, I've only read about about a few of them. I'm sure they are reported locally, but not all make national news. Gangster or criminal related shootings and domestic shootings occurring in homes don't get as much news coverage.

Like the poster above mentioned, they are in a different category, but still included.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Threads are case specific.

It's okay to occasionally mention another case for mild reference but please don't start bringing in details of those other cases. Example, it's okay to say something like "that reminds me of the _____ case". It is not okay for other members to start discussing the other case when those details have nothing to do with the case at hand.

Please stay on topic, otherwise it can cause confusion later in the thread.

Thanks.

(Sorry if repost)

Colorado shooting: Boulder police officer was the last person killed in grocery massacre, authorities say - CNN

The Colorado police officer slain in Monday's massacre at a Boulder grocery was the final person shot in the rampage that left 10 people dead, police said Friday.

And no one -- other than that officer, Eric Talley -- was shot after he and other officers started engaging the gunman at the King Soopers store after witnesses called 911, Boulder police said.“

[...]

“We think it's important to share that Officer Talley led a contact team of officers into the store within 30 seconds of arriving on scene," the department's tweet reads.

"The suspect then shot at officers, killing Officer Talley, and firing on officers until he was taken into custody. No other individuals were shot or killed after these brave officers engaged the suspect," the department's account reads.“

344726af-3b80-4d67-a30d-3a010279c7cb_1140x641.jpg

Credit: AP
Mourners walk the temporary fence around a King Soopers grocery store, which is where multiple victims died in a mass shooting, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, in Boulder, Colo. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
There is a multi-layered memorial stretching a block long at King Soopers on Table Mesa Drive in Boulder. Candles, cards and flowers cover a fence outside the parking lot.

Boulder shooting: Man shelters 2 survivors in his home | 9news.com

I also think some adults' perceptions of bullying has changed. Sadly, some people today think bullying others is a sign of strength, superiority and leadership. That means a lot more kids are growing up with bad attitudes and a skewed sense of normal, productive human behavior.

IOW, maybe the killers emerging in recent years aren't the victims of bullies, but the bullies themselves. JMO, just thinking out loud.
BBM. Yep. There are way too many adults out there who’ve regressed to Jr High “mean girls”. And they’re not just women.

Maybe they’re reliving their glory days or perhaps they weren’t cool enough to be mean back then. They’re getting endorphin rushes from feelings of belonging and superiority all at the same time.

Too bad no one’s there to take their internet privileges away and ground them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back