CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We can always start with our immediate peer group. I listened to a meditation last night that spoke about kindness, how an act of kindness affects so many people who receive it, witness it, even hear of it. Worth a try. IMO
The ironic thing is people who are already empathetic are far more likely to listen than those who have none.

344726af-3b80-4d67-a30d-3a010279c7cb_1140x641.jpg

Credit: AP
Mourners walk the temporary fence around a King Soopers grocery store, which is where multiple victims died in a mass shooting, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, in Boulder, Colo. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
There is a multi-layered memorial stretching a block long at King Soopers on Table Mesa Drive in Boulder. Candles, cards and flowers cover a fence outside the parking lot.

Boulder shooting: Man shelters 2 survivors in his home | 9news.com

Times like this, I miss LIFE magazine. (For you youngsters, a weekly magazine until 1972. It focused on photo essays - the photography told the story and they had the best iconic photos - a visual record of the 20th century)

Times like this, I miss LIFE magazine. (For you youngsters, a weekly magazine until 1972. It focused on photo essays - the photography told the story and they had the best iconic photos - a visual record of the 20th century)

National Geographic has an essay-article written by a journo whose local grocery store is that exact King Soopers, and good photos. By giving National Geographic your email address, you can access 4 free articles a month.

It's an all too familiar scene, unfolding as if according to a universal script. Tearful interviews. Hashtags that include the word strong. "We never thought it could happen here." Angry tweets. Accusations of false flags and dark conspiracies. It was the same at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut; at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando; the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh; and the Walmart shooting in El Paso. And here in Boulder, it’s unfolding like a master class in mass shooting etiquette.

I'm one of the reporters in the throng, interviewing survivors and mourners and taking in the scene in front of America's most recent gun massacre. But I’m having a hard time being objective: This is my neighborhood grocery store.

Ortiz doesn't know me, but I know him by sight, the way I know just about everyone who works at the South Boulder King Soopers. They're a cheerful, chill bunch, even in the midst of a pandemic. The checkers wear badges that say things like "I love the beach" and "Serving you for 23 years" and, in the case of a very tall pharmacy employee, "six foot seven."

Our abhorrent new normal, at my grocery store

National Geographic has an essay-article written by a journo whose local grocery store is that exact King Soopers, and good photos. By giving National Geographic your email address, you can access 4 free articles a month.

It's an all too familiar scene, unfolding as if according to a universal script. Tearful interviews. Hashtags that include the word strong. "We never thought it could happen here." Angry tweets. Accusations of false flags and dark conspiracies. It was the same at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut; at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando; the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh; and the Walmart shooting in El Paso. And here in Boulder, it’s unfolding like a master class in mass shooting etiquette.

I'm one of the reporters in the throng, interviewing survivors and mourners and taking in the scene in front of America's most recent gun massacre. But I’m having a hard time being objective: This is my neighborhood grocery store.

Ortiz doesn't know me, but I know him by sight, the way I know just about everyone who works at the South Boulder King Soopers. They're a cheerful, chill bunch, even in the midst of a pandemic. The checkers wear badges that say things like "I love the beach" and "Serving you for 23 years" and, in the case of a very tall pharmacy employee, "six foot seven."

Thanks for sharing this. The written word indeed can be so very powerful in these days of having the ability to write and not be within the confines of a magazine 500 word limit. Just last night, 60 minutes had one of their 3 segments on a powerful acclaimed writer. One that give emotion through words as LIFE did with photos.

Yes, words these days can share much as to memorialize emotions, to capture, and this article was well done for such.

I understand the feeling. The Table Mesa King Soopers used to be my regular grocery store.

Boulder gunman, 21, was 'chuckling' as he murdered ten people | Daily Mail Online

March 29, 2021

In a new interview with The Denver Post, witnesses have described hearing a man - who they believe was him - laughing as the shots rang out.

'We could hear a man chuckling. Gunshots were close. We believe it was him chuckling,' Angelina Romero-Chavez said.

Police also said across radio communications: 'This guy is laughing at us.'
I can't say what I want to say, because of TOS and profanity filters. So I'll say this: it's too bad there is no longer a death penalty in Colorado. Sounds like a scene out of The Joker or something, this guy laughing while killing innocents. Sick.

I can't say what I want to say, because of TOS and profanity filters. So I'll say this: it's too bad there is no longer a death penalty in Colorado. Sounds like a scene out of The Joker or something, this guy laughing while killing innocents. Sick.
I asked earlier about what the accused could be feeling and I guess he was feeling giddy and excited. Sick... what a piece of work.

This just makes me sick reading about how he was laughing. Seriously, I think he has mental issues that may confine him to a mental institution rather than prison.

I've said before I am from that part of Colorado. You couldn't pay me enough to go back. As much as I hate the part of Arkansas I live in, I wouldn't move back to Colorado.

RIP to the victims who were killed. Healing to those who dealt with the shooting and the aftermath.

No death penalty, but I hope he is locked up for the rest of his life, and that it be a hell on earth.

Thanks for pointing out this was written by a local. He did a nice job.

^^rsbm
Beautiful.. well done @erin blakemore.

I experienced Colorado and King Soopers as a college student. Their employees are special! The guys in the deli taking down the hot food bar at end of day - selling us the leftovers (to feed four) for 50 cents. The bakery ladies reminding us to "call your mother." And a free cookie, too.

I'm sorry the accused ruined the lives of so many on 22 March because I know he was welcome when he entered.

No excuse. None.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back