CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"April 21: Northbound I-25 at mile marker 246

A Larimer County Sheriff's Office transport van had its front passenger window shot out by a paintball gun.

April 23: Highway 66 near Weld County Road 19

The driver was reporting an incident from October 2013, as a result of the news of recent car windows being shattered. She reported a possible bullet mark in the driver's side door of her car, but did not have proof because the incident was from 2013.
April 21: Northbound I-25 at mile marker 246

A Larimer County Sheriff's Office transport van had its front passenger window shot out by a paintball gun.

April 23: Highway 66 near Weld County Road 19

The driver was reporting an incident from October 2013, as a result of the news of recent car windows being shattered. She reported a possible bullet mark in the driver's side door of her car, but did not have proof because the incident was from 2013."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...indow-incidents-on-northern-colorado-highways

(Note all the incidents on April 23 / continued below)

"April 23: Weld County Road 49 at Weld County Road 24

Driver's side window of a semi-truck shattered as it traveled southbound to Interstate 76.

April 23: Southbound I-25 at mile marker 248

Abandoned truck had its back window shattered.

April 23: Southbound Weld County Road 57 and Highway 392

The back window of the vehicle shattered."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...indow-incidents-on-northern-colorado-highways

"April 24: Eastbound Highway 34 and Weld County Road 89

Driver reported the driver's side window shattered at the same time a semi-truck drove by. He reported the incident now because of the news of other car windows being shattered.

April 24: Westbound Weld County Road 18 and Weld County Road 53

The driver was reporting an incident from January 23. He said he saw a small flash and then something hit his windshield. He reported the incident now because of the news of other car windows being shattered.

April 24: Weld County Road 7 and Weld County Road 46

The driver was reporting an incident from September 2013. Her pickup truck passenger side window shattered. She reported the incident now because of the news of other car windows being shattered."

"April 24: Southbound I-25 at mile marker 243

The driver was reporting an incident from April 8. She said her rear window shattered. She reported the incident now because of the news of other car windows being shattered.

April 24: Southbound Highway 257 and Poudre Trail Drive

The driver was reporting an incident from April 16. She had a hole in the center of her windshield.

April 24: Southbound I-25 at mile marker 245

The driver was reporting an incident from February 22. He had a baseball-sized hole in his rear window."

(*wow, lots on April 24th, six total)

"April 27: Southbound I-25 just before the Highway 119 off ramp

A Longmont Police Officer in a narcotics pickup truck reported the rear passenger window shattering.

April 28: Northbound I-25 at mile marker 245

A driver was reporting an observation from two weeks earlier. They reported seeing someone shoot a "wrist rocket" slingshot at a semi-truck."

"April 28: Southbound I-25 at mile marker 231

The driver had an impact circle on the lower right side of the windshield.

April 28: Southbound Highway 85 at Weld County Road 72

The driver was reporting an incident from April 14. She said her rear passenger window shattered. She reported the incident now because of the news of other car windows being shattered."

So, breaking down / analyzing the shattered incidents from the fantastic 7news timeline article posted by SugarQueen (great map and timeline also posted upstream by Forager and FHG, will refer back to plug in additional info such as times, days of week, etc):

Out of the 20 incidents listed: (in progress)

2 incidents occurred on April 5 / day of week / times: ____, ___.
Locations:_______, _________.
Circumstances:
Circumstances:

1 incident occurred on April 18 / day of week / time:
Circumstances:

1 incident occurred on April 20 / day of week/ time:
Circumstances:

1 incident occurred on April 21 / day of week / time:
Circumstances:

*April 22, Cori Romero was shot in the neck / day of week / time / insert location

4 incidents occurred on April 23 / day of week / times: ___, ____, ___, ____.
Locations:_______, ________, _________, ______.
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:

6 incidents occurred on April 24 / day of week / times: ___, ____, ___, ____, ___, ___.
Locations:_______, ______, _____, _____, _____, _______.
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:

1 incident occurred on April 27 / day of week / time:
Circumstances:

3 incidents occurred on April 28 / day of week / times: _____, ____, ___.
Locations:_______, _______, _________.
Circumstances:
Circumstances:
Circumstances:

1 incident occurred on April 29 / day of week / time:
Circumstances:

*May 18th John Jacoby fatally shot / Location / Circumstances / Day of week / time:

____incidents occurred at ______ of the same locations
____incidents occurred within ______ miles of each other _____on each date______

*complete data analysis of shattereds / pattern of consecutive...

*so much to interpret here! Marking my spot to return here.

*insert analysis of locational data

*I wonder if there are other incidents of shattereds not listed...

Not sure if this article has already been posted ?

April 28: Northbound I-25 at mile marker 245

A driver was reporting an observation from two weeks earlier. They reported seeing someone shoot a "wrist rocket" slingshot at a semi-truck.

A lot of new reports in that story you linked! You simultaneously made my day and ruined my evening - I've been mapping my little fingers to the bone ever since I saw you post. Not finished putting them all in yet.

CO Shooter Case Map link

A lot of new reports in that story you linked! You simultaneously made my day and ruined my evening - I've been mapping my little fingers to the bone ever since I saw you post. Not finished putting them all in yet.

CO Shooter Case Map link

You've been rocking it Forager---keep up the great work---having a map is vital and you guys have been there since the beginning, thank you!

No freaking way these are coincidences. Jmo

I saw one article where it blamed the shatterings on "road debris"...looking for it

No freaking way these are coincidences. Jmo

I saw one article where it blamed the shatterings on "road debris"...looking for it

Totally thinking out loud, so I promise to dunk me head in cold water, if anyone asks. here goes, magz, speculation only...

Sounds a good portion is wrist sling shot, makes complete sense with the new information. Trajectories, that's what I'm going to focus on. How they place themselves, maybe? It is more than one person, that just seems right, from what I saw in the videos. Somebody may be spotting or recording but there may be a driver and shooter. This is thrills, loyalty, racist, perhaps, wiff ultra right wing, considering Jacoby being picked to kill. Out to get at the place, the people, the change, shooting from at commuters. People who feel some sense safety on land and fields. Somebody who saw Jacoby trespassing into their domain, so old ingrained gripe gone berserk. these ideas keep nagging at me. Or a random lone nutjob with fantastic luck so far?

IF it was a slingshot.... What if they were shooting rocks?? No one would " find" the rock weapon on the road amid all the other rocks!
Now I'm wondering if the two people that were shot might have seen something? Or if the shooters at least thought they saw something?
Thinking....... Would be difficult/ impossible for the driver to shoot a slingshot, some shattered windows were driver side, some passenger, some rear. At least 3 people in shooter car? Shots from front passenger, and/ or rear drivers side. I still don't know that the windows connect to the people shot. Hmmmm, unless ONE person in the shooter car is over the top compared to the others? Maybe the people shot wasn't planned. Maybe it was an additional person in the shooter vehicle? Someone not usually along for the ride. Maybe even the person who was usually driving.
Hope that makes sense.

Glad I could help! sorry about all the additional map work : ). The map and timeline are awesome! Maybe when the newest version of map and timeline are complete we can get a mod to add a link in the first post?? ( don't ask how many times I've gone thru the thread looking for them. Lol)
Anyone ever heard of a ninja rock? It's a broken piece from a spark plug used to shatter car windows for break ins.
How to break glass with a fragment of a spark plug (Part 1) - YouTube
▶ 2:07
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhlmKHbPFhU
Maybe we are looking at older teens - early twenties, working in a repair shop, or taking a auto tech class?
2 questions maybe someone can answer.... How many lanes in each direction on that road?
Has anyone compared the timeline to the local school schedule? Specifically the windows shattered during the day? I can do it later today if someone can tell me the name of the local schools?

Glad I could help! sorry about all the additional map work : ). The map and timeline are awesome! Maybe when the newest version of map and timeline are complete we can get a mod to add a link in the first post?? ( don't ask how many times I've gone thru the thread looking for them. Lol)
Anyone ever heard of a ninja rock? It's a broken piece from a spark plug used to shatter car windows for break ins.
How to break glass with a fragment of a spark plug (Part 1) - YouTube
▶ 2:07
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhlmKHbPFhU
Maybe we are looking at older teens - early twenties, working in a repair shop, or taking a auto tech class?
2 questions maybe someone can answer.... How many lanes in each direction on that road?
Has anyone compared the timeline to the local school schedule? Specifically the windows shattered during the day? I can do it later today if someone can tell me the name of the local schools?

I like the way you're thinking about this, it seems reasonable, and you know more about the weapons possible, and there too you make sense to me SugarQueen.

It seemed possible with the times, it may possibly be kids out for their meal break, or some school schedule, on a team, with practices and a game schedule of some kind on weekends. The other was escalating, and if the same vehicle is in both those videos, then pictures don't lie there's a driver and shooter. There's a gamers mentality to the whole thing, it seems to me, speed, movement, thrill, and then one of them with psycho anger and deviance, driving it, it may be possible, if over thinking it. Just by the fact that it is so many events in the same rough area it would seem to indicate they don't always use the same cars or the same shooters. It's hard to aim angular shaped rocks with slingshots. Smooth roundish stones work better for aiming. Or it could be just one perp who did the two hits the wounded and killed, as it got better at it, who knows? Could it be people around this may have a hint of it but are having a hard time accepting it in their heads or it's with some very discrete loner type who lurks in that general area comfortably at those times?

CO Shooter Case Map link

Sorry if my morning posts are disjointed. Just trying to get my thoughts out there quickly while getting everyone up and going, and get myself ready for work.
If I remember the original timeline correctly there was a chunk of the daytime with now shattered windows. Maybe it's older students? Those only in school for a few afternoon classes?

Someone mentioned glass marbles. What about those glass " rocks" they make to fill vases with? The sort of half round ones? They are a bit larger than a typical marble, and have a flat side. They might be easier to shoot, and if they break at all they might be overlooked among the broken glass. Idk, I'm just thinking and rambling. Lol

ETA: jumping off FHG's post....maybe 2-3 people? Maybe the two times people actually got shot it was more of a lone wolf out of the group? The one driving the whole thing, the one who is over the top? I'm assuming they two people that were hit were shot with an actual gun, with actual bullets. That makes me think only one of the players used a real gun. Aaak, idk if I'm making any sense now. Multitasking! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga