CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxfire

What do you make of the shooters patterns so far? Why inert on the weekends and at peak mid week, at night, if all the incidents are linked? This hit seems closer to home, still constricted by geography, time, may be cover of some sort? There seems a consistent pattern with escalation of wanting to get a kill and attention. Does any of this make sense to you?

FindHG, I'm seeing a very rapid pattern of escalation by this chameleonlike predator. There was almost a one month period between when the Milliken woman was shot in the neck and the bicyclist assassinated. Only a two week period between the shooting death of the 65-year-old man yesterday..
Guess, evil never really makes sense FindHG. He/she/they are obviously following the media coverage and yes, loving the attention, and getting a thrill with each kill.. Game playing, taunting LE/investigators<cat and mouse>, while terrorizing the entire community.. Likely a serial killer in training who never accomplished very much in life, unless multiple misdemeanors; a lengthy rap sheet, and the inability to hold onto relationships is considered a measure of their success..jmo

Stranger on stranger homicides are the most difficult cases for LE investigators to solve.. The predator is aware of this..
The personality traits of the CO shooter/serial killer indicate deflection, creativity, calculation, manipulation, and escalation; 'The usual, when sociopaths/psychopaths are involved in their craft of serial murder'..
Stay safe, Find HG..

makes sense to me...the perpetrator obviously figured out that it's easier, more effective, and he gets more limelight to kill a cyclist or pedestrian than a human in a moving vehicle...not that it's any safer driving...I just don't know what to think...

SearchinGirl, this predator seems to be evolving in an attempt to prevent being patterned.. There is only one common denominator among his known and suspected gunshot victims that seems obvious up to this point, imo. It would be premature to reveal this commonality at this time..

I hope this sick freak realizes they will get caught. Someone knows something, even if they aren't sure that they do yet.

This predator seems to be evolving in an attempt to prevent being patterned.. There is only one common denominator among his known and suspected gunshot victims that seems obvious, imo. It would be premature to reveal this commonality at this time..

Funny you should say there is one commonality, I just wrote a post about it, then deleted it. ( I doubt I was thinking the same as you. You folks are way out of my league)

FindHG, I'm seeing a very rapid pattern of escalation by this chameleonlike predator. There was almost a one month period between when the Milliken woman was shot in the neck and the bicyclist assassinated. Only a two week period between the shooting death of the 65-year-old man yesterday..
Guess, evil never really makes sense FindHG. He/she/they are obviously following the media coverage and yes, loving the attention, and getting a thrill with each kill.. Game playing, taunting LE/investigators<cat and mouse>, while terrorizing the entire community.. Likely a serial killer in training who never accomplished very much in life, unless multiple misdemeanors; a lengthy rap sheet, and the inability to hold onto relationships is considered a measure of their success..jmo

Stranger on stranger homicides are the most difficult cases for LE investigators to solve.. The predator is aware of this..
The personality traits of the CO shooter/serial killer indicate deflection, creativity, calculation, manipulation, and escalation; 'The usual, when sociopaths/psychopaths are involved in their craft of serial murder'..
Stay safe, Find HG..

Thank you, Foxfire. It struck me that shooter/serial killer may have some way to scan for police presence as well while they hunt for victims. What may have started with the thrill of impunity has now become something much more, it seems to me. All these shots are from a car, drive by, it seems, maybe the shooter is somehow disabled?

SearchinGirl, this predator seems to be evolving in an attempt to prevent being patterned.. There is only one common denominator among his known and suspected gunshot victims that seems obvious up to this point, imo. It would be premature to reveal this commonality at this time..
Perhaps it is premature but since you say it's obvious would it be shooting twice?...I know it hasn't been confirmed but I suspect that to be the case...

Thank you, Foxfire. It struck me that shooter/serial killer may have some way to scan for police presence as well while they hunt for victims. What may have started with the thrill of impunity has now become something much more, it seems to me. All these shots are from a car, drive by, it seems, maybe the shooter is somehow disabled?
You know, if the shooter is disabled and driving then that would narrow the suspect pool by quite a bit because it would be traceable ... custom adaptation of a vehicle ...

Funny you should say there is one commonality, I just wrote a post about it, then deleted it. ( I doubt I was thinking the same as you. You folks are way out of my league)

No one is out of your league SugarQueen.. WS is a team.. We all have different abilities and life experiences..
It has been my experience and observation that psychopaths have a reason for everything they say and everything they do. They often times speak in riddles and will leave subliminal signs as to their motive/s for their deviant behavior in their wake.
Watch the following video for the possible not so hidden sign..

Greta VanSusteren - On The Record
Serial killer on the loose in Colorado? Jun. 04, 2015 - 1:26 - Authorities investigating whether fatal shooting of 65-year-old man is linked to recent others
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4276662506001/serial-killer-on-the-loose-in-colorado/?#sp=show-clips

We tALkED ABOUT THESE PLACES UPSTREAM DIDN'T WE?
(SORRY FOR CAPS, KEYBOARD JUST CRAPPED OUT.)

sEE YALL LATER TONIGHT, HAVE TO WORK NOW. :(

Yes, that's why it jumped out at me. You all have done such a great job on this. Kudos.

I missed the end of your parentheses before, SQ. You're a great push to this thread in thinking, with information, everything, whose league do you think we are? Yours.

No one is out of your league SugarQueen.. WS is a team.. We all have different abilities and life experiences..
It has been my experience and observation that psychopaths have a reason for everything they say and everything they do. They often times speak in riddles and will leave subliminal signs as to their motive/s for their deviant behavior in their wake.

Serial killer on the loose in Colorado? Jun. 04, 2015 - 1:26 - Authorities investigating whether fatal shooting of 65-year-old man is linked to recent others
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4276662506001/serial-killer-on-the-loose-in-colorado/?#sp=show-clips

Well, Foxfire, I watched that and I can't figure out what you're referring to. Lol. It's so tough to try to wrap my head around these things. The problem I keep having is that it's impossible to know exactly which incidents are related and which are not. I do think a lot of the window shatterings, especially those on I-25 are related to the injury and killing(s). But not all. So, to figure a pattern you have to figure out which to filter out, and that's a mess. I do disagree with you a bit on the criticism of LE for not releasing more info. It may be that they don't have anything to release. But I actually do think they know something. I think they have at least two clear and distinct pieces of evidence about the shooter. They may feel that disclosing too much right now will actually tip off the shooter more than help the LE and the public. A smart killer (and many serial killers are very intelligent) is checking social media and maybe even Websleuths. So I think you and I and many others, are very much like the police, and are nervous about how much to discuss in the open. But, I will say this: almost immediately after the Windsor killing, the FBI was involved. I wonder if the shooter(s) didn't leave an actual message at that scene.

Thank you, Foxfire, nice to see.

CO Possible Serial Shooter

CO Possible Serial Shooting Spreadsheet

:bump:

Are Northern Colorado shootings 'serial' incidents?
by Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan, June 5, '15, 12:09 am mdt

Map Overview
http://static.coloradoan.com/northerncoloradoshootings/
*(off topic: nice graphic map program)

*Foxfire please note this one on SK definitions

Colorado shooting in Chicago Tribune, nice images

Loveland police chief: Wednesday shooting, two others likely connected (video)
Joe Moylan, The Tribune / Serving Greeley and Weld County, June 4, '15 [Detailed]

Regional task force investigates 3 shootings
Northern Colorado task force to now investigate Loveland shooting for potential collection to two other recent shootings

By Saja Hindi, Staff Writer, Reporter-Herald / Loveland News, 6/4/15 10:54:38 pm mdt

Officials can't rule out or definitely link Loveland death to other shootings
A 65-year-old man was slain in Loveland late Wednesday

By Jesse Paul and Anthony Cotton, The Denver Post, 06/04/'15 updated ~ 3 hrs ago

UPDATE: IS LOVELAND HOMICIDE TIED TO NOCO SHOOTINGS OF CORI ROMERO, JOHN JACOBY?
By Micheal Roberts, Westword, Thurs, June 4, '15 17 hrs ago

Serial shooter may have struck again in northern Colorado after Loveland man found shot dead on sidewalk
by Sasha Goldstein, New York Daily News, Thurs 4, '15, 11:54 am

Colorado slaying may be latest in serial shooter attacks, authorities fear
By James Queally, Los Angeles Times, June 4, '15, 4:39 pm

Police Try to Determine If 3 Colorado Shootings Are Linked
By P, Solomon Banda & Sadie Gurman of AP Denver , ABC NEWS, June 4, '15, 10:34 pm

Pictures here http://www.chieftain.com/news/3660895-120/shootings-loveland-serial-sidewalk

Various versions of same AP story

Is fatal Colo. shooting tied to two other attacks?
By Crimesider Staff, CBS/AP June 4, '15, 2:20 pm

Is Serial Shooter on the Loose in Colorado?
by by AP / NBCNEWS JUN 5 '15, 3:48 AM EDT

Awww, thanks for the kind words you guys! I may not be great with maps, or jumping into the mind of a self important lunatic, but Sugar makes a mean, custom cake! Lol it's all good.

I only got to see part of it . Based on what they DIDNT say it sounds like they believe it's the same shooter. I know none of us are surprised.
Margarita and Poppy are local, anyone one else?? We need to keep track of you folks so we know you're safe. Please check in often, ok?

I'm very local - born and raised in Loveland and grew up about 4 blocks from the shooting. My family and I are about 4 miles away now. It's scary...Loveland is pretty safe, so this has people freaking out, of course. Meanwhile, my son (slight Aspergers, he's 9) is obsessed and scared all.the.time. since our neighbor told him there's a serial killer on the loose! Ugh. Thanks for the thoughts for our community:)

I'm local...on the south side of this situation...most concerning was Chief Hecker recommending that we double up and share company...I mean, what do we look out for?

I think the main idea is safety in numbers... The person seems to be targeting people who are alone. One person = no witness. Not gonna lie, I'm a little on edge.

Not that it has anything to do with the man being killed but on this corner is a liquor store...the first time I saw it I thought it was a drive up...plus, if you head south on at Louis it leads to a more rural part of Larimer County...easy getaway...

Also 1st Street is County Road 20 which leads West out of town and also connects to US-34 for an easy escape to the East. The shooter could have been driving right through town when he found his victim.

lZn5fOd.jpg

Glad to see more people popping in here. You local folks be careful out there. Do everything you can not to travel around alone. ( easier said than done)
This latest murder really takes it to a whole new ugly place. Senior man, crossing the street, right in his own neighborhood. SMH
Im still wondering if there have been windows broken in the last few weeks that we don't know about? Is he satisfied with a kill every now and then, with nothing in between? Or still doing something vile in his downtime? Is reading about himself enough to satisfy him between killings? Unfortunately I don't think it will be long before he does it again.

Active during the week and inactve on the weekends?

Perp has a part time job in hotel/restaurant/retail that utilizes them during peak hours?

Perp has children and gets custody on the weekends?

Im sure we can come up with more reasons but thats all my brain is willing to do at the moment (havent fully woken up yet.)

OT I remember when they caught son of Sam . That shock of recognition when I saw his picture. He lived a short distance from me. I was a teen, my friend was a lifeguard at the pool where DB lived. I spent a good part of the summer going to that pool. I'd crossed paths with Berkowitz several times. He was that creepy guy that you knew wasn't right. The one that had you looking over your shoulder when he walked by, just to make sure he kept walking. Untermeyer park were he may/ may not have had ties was, and still is one of my favorite places. I still visit that park when I go back to that area.
When this shooter is caught people that know him, even just in passing are going to have that same sick feeling I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga