CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ries-in-sundays-incident-at-the-berthoud-exit

this article says that 16 of 22 have been determined to be rock debris... so there are 6 that could be related...

...or, more likely, just of an undetermined cause. They're not saying definitively that the 6 were not caused by rock debris, just that they don't have evidence to support that explanation. Which says to me that they're doing their work, and are confident that the window shatterings are not related to the 2 shootings.

Thanks for noticing it so quickly. Who knows if it's related, but I've marked it on the map with a little purple circle.

Here's the map itself.
CO Shootings Case Map

View attachment 75952

Bumping Post 915 map which shows all the glass breaking incidents and other POSSIBLE linked shootings.

We have to remember that in MSM, so far LE has only linked 2 shootings near Loveland to a serial type shooter. They were considering a 3rd on CNN yesterday.

But after reviewing this map, IMO, i do think at least some of these other incidents could be tied to it. There are just so many it seems so strange.
I guess its hard to tell because we probably dont know if this is typical or not if the volume is normal for a summer months.

"The broken windows are not believed to have been related to the fatal shooting of a cyclist near Windsor nor a woman who was shot in the neck on I-25 in Larimer County.The Larimer County Sheriff's Office says road debris – rather than projectiles – are the cause.

Nevertheless, the incidents have prompted increased patrols."

View attachment 75987

View attachment 75989

View attachment 75988

View attachment 75990

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/06/07/shattered-windows-i-25-weld-county/28648823/

Notice its a side window. I have never even heard of road debri kicking up and breaking out a side window. That seems strange in itself.

I would think road debri would normally break a front windshield. Like if the car or truck in front kicked up something off its tires and it hits the front windshied of your vehicle. Never thought road debri could take out a side window.
Hmmmm

Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for their hard work.

Hope they catch the killer(s) soon.

Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for their hard work.

Hope they catch the killer(s) soon.

You are so welcome Marg25.

I simply ride you guy's coat tails and then chime in once in awhile.

But you guys are wonderful sluethers.

Much obliged.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ries-in-sundays-incident-at-the-berthoud-exit

this article says that 16 of 22 have been determined to be rock debris... so there are 6 that could be related...

That sure sounds like the guy in the vehicle heard a loud sound. Is that maybe giving us a hint of what could it have been. In thier case, it was Drivers window. This is crazy. I dont think this particular incident was road debris. From article...

"The man reported hearing an "explosion" as the window shattered. "
"There was just a big explosion. I mean, a real loud bang," the man said."

What is really strange to me is what could cause a sound like an explosion where he could hear it?

I dont think he heard someone shooting a gun because they likely would have seen if it was a passing car shooting at them. If from a distance I doubt he would have heard the "explosion".

So, IMO, I think this could be a hint here. There are some types of exploding ammunition that explodes on impact. It is not very common but there are some types of ammunition like this. They even make exploding targets where if you shoot the target the target itself explodes.

This type of thing where he heard an explosion almost sounds like whatever hit the driver window exploded on contact. Very strange.

As far as I can tell none of he articles say LE has EVIDENCE the windows were shattered by road debris. I believe they have said that on and off since this all started, simply because they have no proof it is anything else.
IMHO , I find it very hard to believe that suddenly all these windows are shattered by road debris.

So where is the evidence of the road debris?

http://www.drtammo.com/

At DRT™ we are proud to introduce to you revolutionary lead free, penetrating frangible ammunition in time proven calibers. This ammunition is used by law enforcement agencies, for home defense and by determined hunters.
High density frangible bullets will disintegrate upon impact with a hard target such as steel or rock and thus reduce the risk of ricochet and personal injury.

As far as I can tell none of he articles say LE has EVIDENCE the windows were shattered by road debris. I believe they are have said that on and off since this all started, simply because they have no proof it is anything else.
IMHO , I find it very hard to believe that suddenly all these windows are shattered by road debris.
SugarQueen...this is really unusual for sure ... I'm glad they've increased patrols...we've got a lot of windshield issues here but I've never seen this before...do serial killers de-escalate?...I mean does it make sense that the perp would go back to shooting windows after humans?

SugarQueen...this is really unusual for sure ... I'm glad they've increased patrols...we've got a lot of windshield issues here but I've never seen this before...do serial killers de-escalate?

Keep in mind most of these windows are side windows , not windshields. IMHO , if all these windows broke from simple road debris NO ONE would find it odd that it's happening now. Think of all the cars that travel highways. Imagine how many broken windows there would be if it was just road debris.
As for de-escalating , foxfire would would be he person to ask. Moo, sure, at least for a while but I've been wrong before.

Keep in mind most of these windows are side windows , not windshields. IMHO , if all these windows broke from simple road debris NO ONE would find it odd that it's happening now. Think of all the cars that travel highways. Imagine how many broken windows there would be if it was just road debris.
As for de-escalating , foxfire would would be he person to ask. Moo, sure, at least for a while but I've been wrong before.
You know we really do have windshield issues...we have to replace windshields every 18 months on average...but, I've never had one shatter on me...so shattered side windows seem rather odd and shattered rear windows seem impossible from rock debris ... But I'm not sure we can talk about them being related at this point...

I have had rocks hit my front window and do the spider web thingie...not had one shatter yet.

But last night I was driving on a steep grade, The Conejo Incline, and a big rig was beside me, and a loud bang hit my passenger side window, and I think a rock hit it from under the big rig's tires maybe? It made me jump for sure.

That seems just SO weird to me. I'm from the East Coast so maybe someone in CO can weigh in, but... huh? I've never in my life once heard of someone's car window shattering because of rocks on the road but apparently in Northern Colorado it happens dozens of times a month? Are the highways covered in rocks? So confused

I don't think anyone is saying the windows are absolutely related , just POSSIBLY. I'll verify with a mod that we can discuss the windows.
As for the FBI, they jumped in awfully fast so I'm inclined to believe the windows shattered followed by the actual shootings got there attention quickly.

SugarQueen...this is really unusual for sure ... I'm glad they've increased patrols...we've got a lot of windshield issues here but I've never seen this before...do serial killers de-escalate?...I mean does it make sense that the perp would go back to shooting windows after humans?

Basically I am just repeating myself from my previous post but what do you mean windshield issues? I'm not a very experienced driver... do windshields actually shatter from debris with relative frequency while people are just driving along?

Basically
I am just repeating myself from my previous post but what do you mean windshield issues? I'm not a very experienced driver... do windshields actually shatter from debris with relative frequency while people are just driving along?
I'm sorry I wasn't clear... windshields don't shatter from rock debris (that I know of) but they are almost always cracked...or have those stars that spread ... I swear I can't keep one crack-free more than a few months... rock debris is not unusual but so much rock debris that it's shattering glass in a poof is...

There are a lot of rocks around here...

"What’s the difference between my windshield and the other glass in my car?
Safety glass is used in all automobile glass. It is manufactured to reduce the likelihood of injury, if it breaks. Windshields are made from a lamination process. The windshield glass in your car is made of laminated glass, which is designed to offer highest levels of safety in the event of a crash. The laminated glass is made up of two pieces of glass, with a thin layer of vinyl between them. The three pieces are laminated together by applying heat and pressure in a special oven called an autoclave. When a small object strikes a piece of safety glass, typically only the outer layer of the windshield that is struck breaks."

http://www.aplusglasspro.com/windsh...-my-windshield-and-the-other-glass-in-my-car/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP