CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Inappropriate to comment on whether the shootings were the work of a sniper"?

Yahoo News‎ - 9 hours ago
Police try to Determine if 3 Colorado Shootings are Linked ....
http://news.yahoo.com/police-investigate-colorado-shooting-tied-2-others-141327353.html

FBI Special Agent Thomas Ravenelle said it would be inappropriate to comment on whether the shootings were the work of a sniper.

LOVELAND, Colo. (AP) — Police in northern Colorado are investigating any possible link between the slaying of a man on a neighborhood sidewalk and two previous shootings of a bicyclist and a driver.

Police and the FBI refused to comment Thursday on the possibility of a serial shooter. But they have offered a $10,000 reward for information on the first two unsolved shootings that authorities say are related — though they haven't said how

Maybe the shooter is following this thread and "for the fun of it" occasionally choose to do what posters expect ?
(And I do NOT in ANY way mean that anyone in this forum is guilty of ANYTHING, because this killer would kill no matter what)

My intuition says this is:

A younger person, male, 20-30 years old

A person with psychopathic traits.

A person easily bored.

A person who, for many years, have been practicing violent shooting computer games, now taken it out into reality.

A person with too much time on his hands, probably unemployed and without education due to lighter mental problems.

A person with an unstable social life, distant and superficial ties with family and friends.

I'd be lying if I said the same thing didn't cross my mind. I don't think so though...I hope not..:eek:

Hey, your profile looks similar to mine upstream. The locals I've talked to here also seem to get a "younger vibe".

I'd be lying if I said the same thing didn't cross my mind. I don't think so though...I hope not..:eek:

Hey, your profile looks a lot like mine (looking for post).

I really DO hope police are checking IPs for people reading this thread!

I really DO hope police are checking IPs for people reading this thread!

I'm soooo glad you mentioned this, because I was thinking last night maybe we should go to the parking lot. Then we can see who comes in.

65-year-old Loveland man found shot to death on sidewalk; Police check link to 2 random shootings
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ctives-checking-for-link-to-2-other-shootings

"The Loveland Police Department says a passerby found the man just before 11 p.m. near East First Street and St. Louis Avenue. That is about four blocks east of Lincoln Avenue/Highway 287.

It is a residential neighborhood that also has a couple businesses, according to Sgt. Mike Halloran.

When officers arrived, the man was still alive but they couldn't save him."

How far is this from the other incident on Lincoln Ave, the shattered incident the night before the latest fatal shooting?

See fhg's image:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orado-Drivers-on-Edge&p=11826455#post11826455

*hard to keep track of all this. I'm getting all confused.

My daughter, her husband and our baby granddaughter live very close to where the man in Loveland was killed. The times we visited we all walked around there with the kids, our grandbaby and the kids my daughter watches. Needless to say I don't even want them to walk around there, I'm very worried. And we are also waiting to move to Greeley in a few months. I can't wait to hear about this person being caught.

Lincoln Ave---keeps coming up...

Lincoln Ave in Loveland and Lincoln Ave in Ft Collins are pretty far apart...plus in Loveland it's a north south street in Ft Collins east west...however, it seems driving around looking for opportunities to shoot someone is what this shooter does...so in that sense they are close...

It probably means nothing but it keeps jumping out at me that one of the news reports said the last victim was crossing the road when he was shot. Victim one was merging, probably slowed down a bit. Victim 2 was riding a bike with trailer on the road, possibly causing cars to move around him. Victim 3 was a senior, crossing the road, possibly causing shooter to have to slow down. Not saying it was ordinary road rage, just wondering if that's part of how he picks them. All on the road. Maybe he feels dissed? How dare " they" hold him up?
Going back to foxfires video reference maybe he wanted them to die in the street/ road?
( maybe I'm spinning in circles again). Lol

BBM - you might be on to something...I looked at the video and wondered if the subliminal message was about the FBI swarming into the State (or something like that)...leaving someone to die in the road is degrading but this seems way beyond road rage...

I'm not sure I'm feeling the rifle thing IF it's a lone shooter. Wouldn't it be difficult to shoot a rifle and drive?? We pretty much know the shooter was in a car the three times he wounded/ killed people. Idk, just thinking ....

Hard to say. If the window shattering shots were from the side of the road somewhere, it has to be a rifle of some sort. It would be diffidult to shoot a rifle and drive, so i don't think that is happening. But if there is a second person, he/she could shoot while the other drove.

This jumps out....22 caliber rifle...especially after talking to the vet yesterday.

Hunting Rifles....

*We need a gun expert here.

Im no gun expert but I do hunt, if this shooter is taking shots from 2 miles away like some locals have posited, its NOT with a 22 caliber rifle or pistol.

For a shot that long you would need a bigger/more powerful rifle, either military issued or something like a 300 Savage.

**Youd have to be a crack shot to kill someone with a 22 from distance as they arent known for being terrible accurate from far away.

The bullets are also tiny, for a size comparison 22 casings are smaller in diameter than a bic pen and about as long as the the last joint of your pinky, while bullets for a 300 Savage and military rifles are often MUCH larger (like AA battery sized and as long as your index finger.)

Wikipedia has the effective range of a 22 long rifle bullet at 150 yards but in reality its closer to 70-80 yards and the link below discusses this in depth.

http://www.shootersforum.com/rimfire-ammunition/47412-effective-range-22-lr.html

Hope that helps.

Im no gun expert but I do hunt, if this shooter is taking shots from 2 miles away like some locals have posited, its NOT with a 22 caliber rifle or pistol.

For a shot that long you would need a bigger/more powerful rifle, either military issued or something like a 300 Savage.

**Youd have to be a crack shot to kill someone with a 22 from distance as they arent known for being terrible accurate from far away.

The bullets are also tiny, for a size comparison 22 casings are smaller in diameter than a bic pin and about as long as the the last joint of your pinky, while bullets for a 300 Savage and military rifles are often MUCH larger (like AA battery sized and as long as long as your index finger.)

Wikipedia has the effective range of a 22 long rifle bullet at 150 yards and the link below discusses it in depth.

http://www.shootersforum.com/rimfire-ammunition/47412-effective-range-22-lr.html

Agree. I don't buy the "1-2 mile away" shooting theory. You would have little chance of hitting a speeding vehicle at half that distance. If the shooter is stationary, I am sure he is within a hundred yards of the highway. Even then, I think you'd get as many misses as hits. But that certainly could be happening. It could be a .22. That would explain why in many cases no bullet was found: it shattered the window but the bullet ricocheted.

The bullets are also tiny, for a size comparison 22 casings are smaller in diameter than a bic pin and about as long as the the last joint of your pinky, while bullets for a 300 Savage and military rifles are often MUCH larger (like AA battery sized and as long as your index finger.)

Wikipedia has the effective range of a 22 long rifle bullet at 150 yards but in reality its closer to 70-80 yards and the link below discusses this in depth.

Hope that helps.

hey zappie

Am I off by thinking the creep uses a 22 caliber something or other to murder people while he's running a little scared and unskilled like some nutty gamer gone wild? Thank you and everyone for all their help by the way, Theforeigner, your caution, care and concerns are noted. Have you turned on the layer on the map that shows shooting ranges and lazer tag places, btw?

Foxfire, I agree with you, the public is a huge asset in catching creeps like this and making em like zapped's icon. I doubt this creep has been missed on all the myriad surveillance, dash cam, traffic cam, etc... of this area, so all the businesses, banks, offices, stores, home security cam facing their driveways, many places have no doubt caught the creep scouting on their footage in the past months, it's matter of pulling it all together, the times, places and deduction... and the time it may take, I don't doubt any one of those places would hesitate to cooperate with LE to catch this creep.

Agree. I don't buy the "1-2 mile away" shooting theory. You would have little chance of hitting a speeding vehicle at half that distance. If the shooter is stationary, I am sure he is within a hundred yards of the highway. Even then, I think you'd get as many misses as hits. But that certainly could be happening. It could be a .22. That would explain why in many cases no bullet was found: it shattered the window but the bullet ricocheted.

Agreed

Smaller bullet equals smaller gun equals easier to conceal.

Another thing worth mentioning is that if it is a 22 bullet, with the casing being so tiny, it could easily be run over and squashed flat, knocked over into a ditch yards away or even be stuck in the treads of someones tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member