Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
This is the recent one that sure looks like someone shot something directly at the side window.

Take a look at very top right of the hole part in very top right corner. Then look above and below it what looks like "stress fractures" in the glass that remains.

I think that very top right corner is where the impact occurred and sure looks like a pellet or BB or something hit that area.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ruck-window-mysteriously-shattered-along-i-25

That said, I was once sitting in a parked car when my beat up old passenger side window shattered without apparent explanation.

That transparent pitch for clearer data aside, I'm encouraged that the Task Force is getting out there to explain the situation. That can't be easy before a case is solved, but helps everyone.
briefed, respectfully

hmm, now that was by a bunch of over and underpasses in the parking lot of service station near a bridge, and it was a very hot August day, a couple of decades ago. We later learned, others had had similar experiences around there.

Yes, I totally agree with you, awareness is key to an intelligent public response, and LE's outreach has to be vast to investigate, not to mention what's said publicly. If you review the various MSM reports, you'll see any number official investigators, instances of press access, information and in particular a common out reach to the public for leads from proficient official investigators and spokespeople in each of the broadcasts covering the progression of incidents, recently.

Interesting, perhaps? Wouldn't tar or whatever other road surface stuff also be found nearby to possibly rule out such incidental material causes?

Yeah, it seems like people would be complaining in the news about their vehicles being ruined. We have not seen consumers rushing to make complaints about the road surface ruining their cars.

If it was something like that I am sure consumers would go to the news to complain to get someone to pay for their vehicles repairs.

That may be the proof that shows this is not typical road debris for a lot of these incidents. The lack of consumer complaints about roads causing their windows to break.

I found this Task Force update at The Denver Post that I thought y'all would find interesting...
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_28340505/task-force-issues-letter

"One of the reasons the task force has been cautious about releasing information like vehicle descriptions is because we know that misinterpreted information can not only be damaging to solving the case, but it can also be dangerous to the community."

Thanx for sharing this interesting article, searchinGirl....
Ever been to church and felt that the preacher had prepared and directed the sermon exclusively for you?

'Silence; the lack of transparency, can also be very dangerous for a community'.. Without Public Safety for our friends, family, and loved ones, we have absolutely nothing'..

Ironically, Yesterday, four hours away in another state, Florist Debbie Dills saw the SC AME Church shooter on her way to work after seeing his photo and vehicle description on Fox News only minutes before. She alerted her boss who dialed 911 while following the perp for another 35 miles until the predator/the now hunted, was captured. The American public is analogous to a security camera across the landscape of the USA.

SC authorities realizing the tremendous value of the American public in their hunt for the shooter/killer utilized this valuable investigative resource.. Due to the awareness created by LE quickly releasing the info via ms media and social media, the mass murderer was quickly apprehended, and no more innocent victims lost their lives.

The NO CO Serial Sniper/Killer Task Force needs to loose the antiquated close to the vest investigative strategy of silence of the last century and utilize their most valuable investigative resource; 'An aware citizenry'.. jmo

"Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon, and only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo"...

Yeah, it seems like people would be complaining in the news about their vehicles being ruined. We have not seen consumers rushing to make complaints about the road surface ruining their cars.

If it was something like that I am sure consumers would go to the news to complain to get someone to pay for their vehicles repairs.

That may be the proof that shows this is not typical road debris for a lot of these incidents. The lack of consumer complaints about roads causing their windows to break.

I'd thought the theory was courageous, out of the box thinking.

Thanx for sharing this interesting article, searchinGirl.... Noticed the last presser by the task force has been over two months ago..
Ever been to church and felt that the preacher had prepared and directed the sermon exclusively for you?

Ironically, Yesterday, four hours away in another state, Florist Debbie Dills saw the SC AME Church shooter on her way to work after seeing his photo and vehicle description on Fox News only minutes before. She alerted her boss who dialed 911 while following the perp for another 35 miles until the predator/the hunted was captured.

SC authorities realizing the tremendous value of the American public in their hunt for the shooter/killer utilized this valuable investigative resource.. Due to the awareness created by LE quickly releasing the info via ms media and social media, the mass murderer was quickly apprehended, and no more innocent victims lost their lives.

The NO CO Serial Sniper/Killer Task Force needs to loose the antiquated close to the vest investigative strategy of silence of the last century and utilize their most valuable investigative resource; 'An aware citizenry'.. jmo

"Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon, and only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo"...

Another perfect example of LE letting the public know what to be on the lookout for.

In this case, I wish LE would share more on their opinions of what motorists could be on the lookout for. Just to give drivers a better idea what we should be on the lookout for.

When they are too generic and saying to just look out for anything suspicous, that just is not specific enough. It seems they would be able to give us a little more to go on.

( good morning everyone :coffee:

o/t, for reference & comparison:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...is-car-shattered-his-back-windshield/33665216 -- note they found the bullet, also note practically the entire uuindshield is out. )

Make sure to thank your posh butler there, magz, from us, and good morning, too. Thank you for that reminder with this link that you provide. I'm looking for raw's of the PC's from the various LE from this week, have you or any other WSers plying through the coverage had any luck?

Another perfect example of LE letting the public know what to be on the lookout for.

In this case, I wish LE would share more on their opinions of what motorists could be on the lookout for. Just to give drivers a better idea what we should be on the lookout for.

When they are too generic and saying to just look out for anything suspicous, that just is not specific enough. It seems they would be able to give us a little more to go on.
And seeing something unusual around Boulder is well...not unusual...

Still not believing Colorado has weird,mutant, sideways flying, window smashing road debris.

Misinformation by task force officials can be as detrimental to the investigation, and to the Public's Safety, as the lack of transparency, imo..

<snipped from article linked>
"To date, we have found no solid evidence that any of these incidents are related to our shootings," the letter said.

In April, Cori Romero, 20, was driving along Interstate 25, the major north-south highway that runs through the state, in Larimer County when the front driver&#8217;s side window of her car exploded and she realized she&#8217;d been shot.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/serial-shooter-feared-n-colo-2-killed-weeks-article-1.2246524

Expert on serial shootings analyzes NoCo incidents 06/07/2015
http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/07/northern-colorado-serial-shootings/28665905/

Misinformation by task force officials can be as detrimental to the investigation, and to the Public's Safety, as the lack of transparency, imo..

"To date, we have found no solid evidence that any of these incidents are related to our shootings," the letter said.

In April, Cori Romero, 20, was driving along Interstate 25, the major north-south highway that runs through the state, in Larimer County when the front driver&#8217;s side window of her car exploded and she realized she&#8217;d been shot.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/serial-shooter-feared-n-colo-2-killed-weeks-article-1.2246524

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/07/northern-colorado-serial-shootings/28665905/

Agreed. Muddies the waters in any process. The more that's out there, the more of it gets cleaned up with feedback, in general, but I'm not a criminal law whiz who would put the same considerations at heart, which need to be done, as well.

In April, Cori Romero, 20, was driving along Interstate 25, the major north-south highway that runs through the state, in Larimer County when the front driver’s side window of her car exploded and she realized she’d been shot.

something I noticed yesterday when I was looking at the data we do have is that approximately an hour before Cori Romero was shot, a rear window shattered on Hwy 34 in Loveland ...not sure I saw this connection/coincidence before...

Imo, the most likely explanation for many of the car window shatterings would obviously be from road debris kicked up by passing tractor trailer trucks and other vehicles. Imo, this likely scenario combined with jurisdictional linkage blindness is why two months had elapsed before more scrutiny was placed on these incidents by responding officers.

Linkage blindness is not limited to the lack of communication between municipal law enforcement agencies, but also within each individual department. There are usually a minimum of three shifts in most LEAs. Numerous unexplained shattered auto windows would normally be very low priority incidents, and the sharing of these incidents at roll call/shift change, would unlikely be passed on to the next shift, imo.

Many times there are hidden unspoken indicators in high profile investigations that provides insight as to its magnitude, imo..
Folks, you do not establish a multi agency; local, state, and federal< some agencies unknown>Task Force for unrelated drive by shootings or shattered auto windows caused by kicked up road debris.. Multi Agency Task Forces are usually reserved for recidivist violent offenders; serial sexual predators/serial killers, terrorist cells, etc.. jmo

FBI - SERIAL MURDER

<snipped - read more> https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Task Force Organization

Once a serial murder series has been identified, it is important for the involved law enforcement agencies to work together. There are a number of operational and investigative issues critical to the successful establishment of an investigative task force.

Initially, a lead agency for the task force should be designated and will assume the primary investigative role. The choice of a lead agency is based upon a number of factors including the number and viability of the cases, available resources, and investigative experience. Once established, all law enforcement agencies involved in the investigation should have representation in the task force. Any outlying agencies should also be included, even if they do not have an identified case in the investigation.

something I noticed yesterday when I was looking at the data we do have is that approximately an hour before Cori Romero was shot, a rear window shattered on Hwy 34 in Loveland ...not sure I saw this connection/coincidence before...

Good eye, searchingirl..

Imo, the most likely explanation for many of the car window shatterings would obviously be from road debris kicked up by passing tractor trailer trucks and other vehicles. Imo, this likely scenario combined with jurisdictional linkage blindness is why two months had elapsed before more scrutiny was placed on these incidents by responding officers.

Linkage blindness is not limited to the lack of communication between municipal law enforcement agencies, but also within each individual department. There are usually a minimum of three shifts in most LEAs. Numerous unexplained shattered auto windows would normally be very low priority incidents, and the sharing of these incidents at roll call/shift change, would unlikely be passed on to the next shift, imo.

Many times there are hidden unspoken indicators in high profile investigations that provides insight as to its magnitude, imo..
Folks, you do not establish a multi agency; local,state, and federal< some agencies unknown>Task Force for unrelated drive by shootings or shattered auto windows caused by kicked up road debris.. Multi Agency Task Forces are usually reserved for recidivist violent offenders; serial sexual predators/serial killers, terrorist cells, etc.. jmo

Agreed, plus that fact that many window shatterings werent reported by the public until later on. You also don't involve the FBI for a random shooting/killing as well. There was something about the Windsor murder that brought the FBI in almost immediately and that linked it to Cori Romero.

Agreed, plus that fact that many window shatterings weren't reported by the public until later on. You also don't involve the FBI for a random shooting/killing as well. There was something about the Windsor murder that brought the FBI in almost immediately and that linked it to Cori Romero.

One would guess that it was likely due to a ballistics match, PrairieWind. Makes you wonder if there wasn't an FBI VICAP hit for a similar unsolved serial shooter scenario from another area of CO, or another US state, linked due to the recovered bullets.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/scientific-analysis/fire_tool
FBI - Firearms/Toolmarks <snipped - read more @ link>

Mission

The Firearms/Toolmarks Unit (FTU) applies valid scientific procedures to the forensic examinations of firearms, ammunition components, toolmarks, serial number restoration, gunshot residue, bullet trajectories, and other closely-related physical evidence in support of the FBI and other law enforcement agencies and provides leadership to the forensic firearm and toolmark community through training and research.

Firearms Identification

Comparing bullets to barrels
Comparing cartridge cases to firearms
Firearms function testing
Silencer testing
Gunshot distance determination
Serial number restoration
Accidental discharge determination
Trigger pull measurements
Ejection pattern testing
Shot pattern examinations

Status