CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update -ELDERLY COUPLE FOUND MURDERED IN GLENDALE HOME - be sure to read the comment/s.. Whoa!

GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- The grandson of an elderly couple found murdered in their Glendale home was named a person of interest on Sunday.

"The investigators are talking to him to find out if in fact he is involved in this crime," Glendale Police Det. Robert William said.

Nathaniel Scheiern, 34, had been living with the couple for about a year, neighbors said. He was in a serious car accident a few days ago and remained in a hospital on Monday.
<snipped>

http://abc7.com/news/man-considered-person-of-interest-in-murder-of-glendale-grandparents/813018/

Nathaniel Scheiern Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.scheiern?fref=ts

Anything is possible, FindHG. But imo, it is much more complicated than just a copycatting shooter.. Sure hope the NOCO Shooter/SK Task Force grasps the magnitude of the shooter's likely motive before it spreads to other US states. jmo There was only one fatality in the Kansas City Shooter's trail of terror. If all the north CO murder victims are related, there have been two fatalities, and if not for the grace of God, there could have been three...

If a more complicated association may exist, Foxfire, then it would be on some level agenda driven? It seems like over thinking it at first, but it's hard to ignore certain aspects. Considering the concentration of gun activity and desolate places in those states, would you say there's a chance of overlap in training at gun ranges or laser tag facilities, gun shows, a weird agenda driven network meeting up?

Looks like May was a very busy month for Nathaniel. Seems something changed between his March posts and May.
He also has a LinkedIn if someone with an account wants to check it.

ETA....he posted info May 4 th for a Colorado gun class.

Looks like May was a very busy month for Nathaniel. Seems something changed between his March posts and May.

<BBM for Focus>
Wow.. Didn't see that about the gun class.. Thanx for sharing, SugarQueen. Where is the NSA, DEA, & Homeland Security when you need them? Nathaniel Scheiern, has everything except an ISIS lone wolf jihadist tattoo on his forehead, imo...

His leg tats , ugh! There are two selfies of him inside a pickup. Unfortunately I'm not finding any of the outside of it.

Great amazing finds Foxfire and SQ. I hope all pertinent LE agencies know of this or are made aware, especially as he traveled back and forth to CA. Maybe there was more to targeting Mr. Jacoby, maybe he ran into the perp/s innocuously while they trained and that put him on the perp's radar. Mr. Jacoby was said to have spent time volunteering in big parks. If any of this information is associated to the shootings, then this makes brave and blessed Cori's survival and resilience seem all the more amazing to me.

His leg tats , ugh! There are two selfies of him inside a pickup. Unfortunately I'm not finding any of the outside of it.

He would possibly have access to any number of cars given his association in the area would be my impression.

<BBM for Focus>
Wow.. Didn't see that about the gun class.. Thanx for sharing, SugarQueen. Where is the NSA, DEA, & Homeland Security when you need them? Nathaniel Scheiern, has everything except an ISIS lone wolf jihadist tattoo on his forehead, imo...

Maybe these are some of the other agencies involved that we spoke of earlier...

Maybe these are some of the other agencies involved that we spoke of earlier...

I agree, searchinGirl.. Seems many times it is the silence; what task force PIOs don't say in press releases, that reveals the most information..
Thought the timing of this updated article on abc7.com Denver was rather ironic..

http://abc7.com/news/officials-facebook-twitter-not-reporting-isis-messages/821954/

ABCNews RHONDA SCHWARTZ
Updated 17 mins ago
Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites would be required to report suspected terror messages to law enforcement authorities under a bill approved by the Senate Intelligence Committee, something U.S. and British law enforcement officials told ABC News they do not routinely do now.

The bill, which is headed for consideration before the whole Senate, is being applauded by U.S. counter-terrorism officials but opposed by civil liberties groups.

While Facebook says it works "aggressively to ensure that we do not have terrorists or terror groups using the site," it and other social media sites are not currently required to report suspect messages to law enforcement, as they are in cases involving child *advertiser censored*.

"What they do now is simply terminate the account of the person who is plotting the attack," said Richard Clarke, a former White House counterterrorism official and ABC News consultant. "It is very unlikely today that a social media company would turn around and call the police."

U.S. officials say ISIS and other terror groups regularly use social media sites to communicate with followers and urge them to attack.
<snipped - read more>

I agree, searchinGirl.. Seems many times it is the silence; what task force PIOs don't say in press releases, that reveals the most information..
Thought the timing of this updated article on abc7.com Denver was rather ironic..

http://abc7.com/news/officials-facebook-twitter-not-reporting-isis-messages/821954/

ABCNews RHONDA SCHWARTZ
Updated 17 mins ago
Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites would be required to report suspected terror messages to law enforcement authorities under a bill approved by the Senate Intelligence Committee, something U.S. and British law enforcement officials told ABC News they do not routinely do now.

The bill, which is headed for consideration before the whole Senate, is being applauded by U.S. counter-terrorism officials but opposed by civil liberties groups.

While Facebook says it works "aggressively to ensure that we do not have terrorists or terror groups using the site," it and other social media sites are not currently required to report suspect messages to law enforcement, as they are in cases involving child *advertiser censored*.

"What they do now is simply terminate the account of the person who is plotting the attack," said Richard Clarke, a former White House counterterrorism official and ABC News consultant. "It is very unlikely today that a social media company would turn around and call the police."

U.S. officials say ISIS and other terror groups regularly use social media sites to communicate with followers and urge them to attack.
<snipped - read more>

Sounds smart, but then SM confuses me to no end, besides not liking it.

I've come across yet another window shattering spree that was news to me. This one was in MARSHALL, Mo. 60 odd miles east of Kansas City in April of this year. A 21 and a 23 year old shattered about 40 windows over the course of an overnight spree on 4/9/15-4/10/15 and were caught right away.

Two men accused of spending night shattering dozens of car windows in Marshall, Mo. 5:04 PM, APRIL 15, 2015, BY MICHELLE PEKARSKY AND ROBERT TOWNSEND, Fox 4, http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/15/two-me...ttering-dozens-of-car-windows-in-marshall-mo/

It's hard to see that as related, but it's also hard to figure how we could have so many window shattering sprees in such a small area. I'm counting a set of four events around Denver in 2013, another pair of events involving dozens of windows in Brighton CO in Oct. and Nov. 2014, the Whitaker spree in Kansas City in April 2014, and the June 2015 pair of incidents around Kansas City. Is there something in the water around there, or has this sort of thing become a staple of modern living that I hadn't noticed? I'll try to Google around other states and see if this is more commonplace that I'd realized.

I've come across yet another window shattering spree that was news to me. This one was in MARSHALL, Mo. 60 odd miles east of Kansas City in April of this year. A 21 and a 23 year old shattered about 40 windows over the course of an overnight spree on 4/9/15-4/10/15 and were caught right away.

Two men accused of spending night shattering dozens of car windows in Marshall, Mo. 5:04 PM, APRIL 15, 2015, BY MICHELLE PEKARSKY AND ROBERT TOWNSEND, Fox 4, http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/15/two-me...ttering-dozens-of-car-windows-in-marshall-mo/

It's hard to see that as related, but it's also hard to figure how we could have so many window shattering sprees in such a small area. I'm counting a set of four events around Denver in 2013, another pair of events involving dozens of windows in Brighton CO in Oct. and Nov. 2014, the Whitaker spree in Kansas City in April 2014, and the June 2015 pair of incidents around Kansas City. Is there something in the water around there, or has this sort of thing become a staple of modern living that I hadn't noticed? I'll try to Google around other states and see if this is more commonplace that I'd realized.

That's been a suspect age group for me, late teen to mid twenties, punks, wanting to be something more with a bit between their teeth, you know, by any other name?

suspects.jpg

I find it interesting that the first murder by the NOCO Shooter was only two weeks after the FB posting by Nathaniel Scheiern of the CCP firearm training course.. On May 18, 48-year-old John Jacoby was found shot dead along a country road in Windsor, CO.. Just an observation..
_______
Autopsies were pending Monday for a Glendale couple whose grandson is listed as &#8220;a person of interest&#8221; in the homicide investigation, authorities said.
http://mynewsla.com/crime/2015/07/0...grandparents-fail-to-pinpoint-cause-of-death/
<snipped - read more>
The grandson, Nathaniel Scheiern had been in &#8220;a solo vehicle car accident a few days ago. The accident was pretty significant, although not life threatening,&#8221; said Sgt. Robert William of the Glendale Police Department.

&#8220;He&#8217;s in an undisclosed hospital in stable condition,&#8221; William said.

William said investigators are not releasing the cause of death of the couple because the manner in which they died &#8220;is critical to the investigation.&#8221;

The dead man was identified as William Scheiern, 77, said coroner&#8217;s Chief Craig Harvey. He said the dead woman, who had not been positively identified as of late this morning, was in her 80s. She was identified in broadcast reports as Verna Scheiern.

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2015/07/0...grandparents-fail-to-pinpoint-cause-of-death/
<snipper & BBM>

Autopsies on murdered Glendale grandparents fail to pinpoint cause of death - JULY 1, 2015

Autopsies conducted on an elderly couple murdered in their Glendale home showed both had multiple injuries, but decomposition of the bodies prevented pinpointing the cause of death.

Assistant Coroner Chief Ed Winter said the results of toxicology tests are needed to determine how Verna Irene Scheiern, 82, and her 77-year-old husband, William Scheiern, were killed. The results take several weeks.

Initial msm articles stated that the estimated TOD was only one day before the bodies were discovered..

Hmmmm, wonder if our guy was traveling thru Utah about this time? https://www.ksl.com/?sid=34882261

SugarQueen, did you read all the comments for the Herriman, Utah article? Interesting.. Not sure if is our guy, but I am seriously beginning to wonder if the motive for the rash of shootings is not terror related involving multiple shooters and states..jmo

SugarQueen, did you read all the comments for the Herriman, Utah article? Interesting.. Not sure if is our guy, but I am seriously beginning to wonder if the motive for the rash of shootings is not terror related involving multiple shooters and states..jmo

A tactic or a trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member