CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Ft. Collins shooting incident concerns me that maybe there was some kind of "order" or "request" to any Isis sympathisers and lone wolves to do these types of things.

It could easily be just some crazy teenagers shooting at cars and signs but I have to wonder if some directive was given out.

The reason I am concerned is even wild teenagers know how serious gun charges from LE are and most teenagers would not go this far of shooting guns at random cars. They know it means serious jail time if caught and most would not do it.
Gangs would but this doesnt sound like a gang because gangs usually target specific people. This seems random which makes it similar to the NOCO shootings.

We need to be on the lookout for anymore of these types of similar random shooting incidents at cars in CO and even in any state in the US. I hope this is not some directive that was given out.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...hooting-northern-colorado-incidents/30021937/

<BBM for Focus>

Hatfield, Please listen to this interview. It will explain the media silence and also where the order for Hwy Shootings by Lone Wolves originated prior to the DC Snipers case in 2009.

Audio: Robert Spencer; director of Jihad Watch, of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and author of on KNUS Denver’s Peter Boyles Show on the Kansas City sniper
APRIL 21, 2014
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/04/a...s-peter-boyles-show-on-the-kansas-city-sniper

SugarQueen, [who had posted about the 3 actual and 8 suspected attacks in Jefferson County attacks]... Good eye. The Jefferson Co., CO connection may be very significant, imo. What really caught my eye other than the obvious virtually synonymous headline that we have read since the present Hwy Shooter began targeting victims; 'Mystery of shattered windshields scaring Denver-area drivers', was the lack of projectiles found by police. Deja vu times two.. <Abridged by Forager, in response, for focus>

I am wondering if the NOCO Shooter Task Force is even aware of the 2013 shootings, the 2014 KC, MO Hwy shooter, Mohammad Whitaker, or the possibility of frangible ammo being used in the shootings?

In case the NOCO Task Force hadn't been aware of them, here's a screen shot of the Kansas City end of the case map.

Individual markers (purple stars) now display as for 11 of Whitaker's 2014 shootings.

I've also improved the location of one of the two June 2015 attacks by an unknown shooter, (blue stars) but found no reports of additional shootings that seem related.

KC area of NOCO map at 7_13_15.png

<BBM for Focus>

Hatfield, Please listen to this interview. It will explain the media silence and also where the order for Hwy Shootings by Lone Wolves originated prior to the DC Snipers case in 2009.

Audio: Robert Spencer; director of Jihad Watch, of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and author of on KNUS Denver’s Peter Boyles Show on the Kansas City sniper
APRIL 21, 2014
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/04/a...s-peter-boyles-show-on-the-kansas-city-sniper

Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch, interviewed in that link, asserts that Mohammad Whitaker is a Jihadi and offers this explanation of why that aspect of the case didn't get any press coverage:
"... and that's probably about all they [the press and the authorities] are ever going to will tell us..., they [Mohammed Whitaker, John Allen Muhammad, Lee Boyd Malvo, and the Tsarnaev brothers] are Islamic Jihadis and to be too concerned about them would be to commit islamophobia... ."

But I Spencer doesn't make the case that Whitaker is a jihadi, a wannabe jihadi, or even necessarily Muslim. No one does in anything I've been able to find. All we seem to have on that is that he added the "Mohammed" to his name sometime prior to 2006.

<BBM for Focus>

Audio: Robert Spencer; director of Jihad Watch, of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and author of on KNUS Denver&#8217;s Peter Boyles Show on the Kansas City sniper
APRIL 21, 2014

Thanks Foxfire.

At least some radio host "gets it".

If and when the NoCo incident ever gets tied to the same motive this KC shooter had then it will indicate a direct "order" from these groups to do this specific sort of thing. Which is scary because it means they could become more frequent.

I get real disturbed with the obvious bias that left wing MSM media has with democratic policies. I try to be open and gather my news from ALL sources and I have seen this obvious bias. It is very upsetting because it means we cannot trust our main news outlets.

Most people dont even realize the bias. And what is really bad is the left wing dominates all the main news outlets except 1. So when the 1 main right wing news outlet (rhymes with COX) tries to give the other viewpoints they are seen as exaggerating or twisting the truth and are not believed by a lot of people.

I try to watch ALL news sources from all sides and when you do that you can spot the bias very easily. I just wish the news outlets would not be on either side and be independent. They have no right forcing their agenda on the public. The truth and real news never gets out.

The internet is much better place to gather news but so many people still use just TV networks to get their news.

I had not even heard about Whittacker incident until now. The radio broadcast said there were 9 incidents.
WOW. Why did MSM not tell us. I never heard about it. Maybe I missed it but maybe it wasnt told to us as much as it should have either.

A good example of how our current administration is downplaying serious incidents is how the president himself would not even call terrorists a terrorist.
I mean Cmon. How many terrorist incidents have we had and the government administration would not even call them terrorists.

The most glaring example is at our Ft Hood base. It was weeks and weeks where the administration would not tell us the motive and who this person really was.

I dont understand it. All I know is it is very dangerous policy when you dont want to identify the enemy and call them what they are.
It propagates it and doesnt allow the public to fully understand what is happening.

The radio broadcast has a good question. What is the MSM outlets getting out of it by following this deception of the people.
Are they getting funneled money or laws that help them stay in power as major news outlets. They have to be getting something in return.

I just wish it would stop and wish people would wake up to what is going on.

So many people are being fooled by MSM. My Dad was a good example of someone being fooled. He believed everything he heard on MSM and when I would try to tell him something from the right wing side of things he would say it wasnt true because he only believed the Left wing MSM major outlets. I think a lot of people are like him. And I cannot blame them because they hear it from 90 percent of MSM because most are left wing.

Its really sad. Just wish it would change to be neutral so the truth gets out to the masses.

Back to the NoCo shooting incidents. I think its very possible there is more than 1 shooter and could very well be people like Whitacker. If they ever tie the Grandparent slayer to this then that will be the link and then if it continues with more shootings then it means more than 1 was involved.

I'm wondering if any of the media is looking at connecting NS to the NoCo shootings?

For the NoCo shootings.
What I keep trying to focus on is the few known facts of the case and it is scary to think about it because there are such few facts.

#1-Downplaying it by LE and/or media.
For whatever reason the LE has downplayed these incidents in the news except for when they came out with the truck description sketch. That was great when that info was released but then we never heard anymore followup. So why is it being downplayed.
I think the downplaying gives us a hint of what may be going on.

IMO it means 4 or 5 possibles:
A- Either they know who they are after and just havent caught them all yet and dont want to give the perp(s) any hints they are onto them.
B-They dont want people to panic and it is a sniper or snipers on the loose.
C- They are clueless
D- This falls into a Whittacker type terrorist activity and the same old downplaying is going on that we see all the time.
E-Any other reason for downplaying over 40 window shtterings and 4 random murders?

#2-Four people were randomly murdered by a random sniper.
This is assuming all 4 are related to each other. Last i heard 2 were definitely linked with a 3rd very likely linked. So IMO, I am thinking 3 to be linked for sure.

So the actual murders are an important fact.
If we think back to cases like these murders then who does such a thing.
The gangs in my area sometime do random shootings but it is usually at night and usually in a gang area. The 4 NoCo shootings dont strike me as gang related since I have not heard of that angle yet in the news so if we elminate gangs then where else have we ever seen this type of thing.

Cases like the DC Sniper and the Whittaker cases seem similar.

The only other possibility that was brought up before was like a disgruntled farmer or rural living person that was taking his frustrations out on the public. Like if he was mad at all the development with traffic or like if he had accident with a bicyclist and wrecked a good vehicle and was really upset.

Anyway the point being is we can look at the known murders and limit the suspect pool into who does this type of thing. It is very rare IMO to have random sniper attacks and only a few possibilites exist.

#3-The 40+ Car window shatterings. A HUGE number.
This points to the type of weapon and ammunition because of the way the people inside cars did not get killed.

It gives us a hint that the ammo was unique.
It gives us a hint that the firearm was a scoped rifle.

So it helps us to know that whoever was doing this used UNIQUE weaponry. This limits the suspect pool IMO.

Watching an old episode of The FBI Files (Season 1, Episode 3 - Human Prey) on Netflix I found the case of Thomas Dillon to be similar in many ways to the Northern Colorado sniper. The NOCO sniper also picks random targets that are alone. I suspect the NOCO perp is also using a rifle and shooting at targets that are not even aware of his presence.

I'm wondering if any of the media is looking at connecting NS to the NoCo shootings?

I doubt any are.
The lack of real investigative reporting is disappointing these days.

Unless LE or someone else is able to make a direct tie to him and they let the media know about it, then it is unlikely news media will do their own investigative reporting.

What is real scary to me is if LE does make a direct tie and then decides to keep the fact hidden. Unless LE makes official charges against the person then that would be the only way media would find out.

'DEJA vu Times TWO, The Trails of Terror Continues'...

Well, due to the silence in this case and likely many others in the US, imo. The trails of terror continue, and innocent victim's lives are being lost due to the silence by the ms media, Law Enforcement, and the Justice system via ms/social media. After over six years since the 2002 DC Sniper murders by John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo, and over a year since the 2014 KC Sniper incidents by Mohammad Whitaker, it is very unlikely that there is not an obvious motive known by investigators and judicial officials.

There is a serial sniper, and likely serial killer in north CO who has affiliation with ISIS, and who is a jihadist lone wolf imo, which should be obvious to a first year law enforcement officer/investigator. There has been two killings and one wounding by the CO sniper. Although the CO shooter has not been named publicly, imo, the NOCO Shooter/Serial Killer Task force is likely aware of their suspect's name and his location. His name is Nathaniel Scheiern, imo. He is an ISIS jihadist lone wolf predator, imo. His facebook/Twitter posts paint a very vivid and dark portrait of his intentions and motive for the shootings, imo.
Much to the relief of Task Force officials, on June 3/2015, the random CO shootings ceased...

Fast forward to June 29/2015 - Colorado man arrested in ax murders of grandparents in California ... GLENDALE, Calif. ... Nathaniel Scheiern, 34, is accused of using "an ax as a deadly and dangerous weapon in the murders of his elderly grandparents,"
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...d-in-ax-murders-of-grandparents-in-california..
"Silence is the predators most lethal weapon"!
Silence by Law Enforcement, counter-terrorism task forces, and the Justice System only enables the jihadists to remain stealth, and causes more innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases.. jmo

This could possibly be related to the shootings...hard to say anymore...
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ty-sheriffs-now-looking-for-2-door-red-pickup

The past uueek had several horrible incidents like this in the Denver area, involving dogs, at least 4 that I knouu of (one dog uuas found roaming uuith its mouth taped shut and pauus tied. In another incident, uuell I'll spare yall the details...then there is the serial meatball dog poisoner...like I said, so many nutjobs running around here...) Sorry no double u's.

Watching an old episode of The FBI Files (Season 1, Episode 3 - Human Prey) on Netflix I found the case of Thomas Dillon to be similar in many ways to the Northern Colorado sniper. The NOCO sniper also picks random targets that are alone. I suspect the NOCO perp is also using a rifle and shooting at targets that are not even aware of his presence.

not to mention the old faded orange pickup truck (which in the show was a Ford and in an article I read was a red Toyota) ... one thing about this guy though that I haven't seen yet with NS is an escalating preoccupation with guns and shooting...any evidence of this or did I miss something?...

not to mention the old faded orange pickup truck (which in the show was a Ford and in an article I read was a red Toyota) ... one thing about this guy though that I haven't seen yet with NS is an escalating preoccupation with guns and shooting...any evidence of this or did I miss something?...

Nothing direct that I can find. I did find 1 prior arrest report but dont know what for.

This guy Dillon was the toughest type to find because he really had no motive other than voices in his head.

Found a good summary in link below. Pretty scary.
The randomness of the CO shootings could fit with a random type killer like him.

I saw a case on a crime show over the weekend of a guy like him. It was a trucker who murdered girl victims at random although sex was his motive.

This Dillon guy was totally random. Very bizarre and tough for LE to figure out.

For the CO case I am glad they must have gotten at least 1 or 2 witnesses because of the orange truck sketch. We kind of need more than that to go on unfortunately.

I wonder if LE is still working through all the tips they received from releasing that sketch.

http://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/dillonthomas.htm

I feel sorry for NS's two children. How can anyone possibly explain it to them?

I doubt any are.
The lack of real investigative reporting is disappointing these days. [bolded for focus in response by Forager]

Unless LE or someone else is able to make a direct tie to him and they let the media know about it, then it is unlikely news media will do their own investigative reporting.

What is real scary to me is if LE does make a direct tie and then decides to keep the fact hidden. Unless LE makes official charges against the person then that would be the only way media would find out.

I've also been struck by how little effort many press outlets put into their reporting. In searching thru old press reports of one story or another, I'm getting used to seeing one basic story and set of facts repeated again and again in different words with most report adding nothing to whatever was first reported. Few reporters seem to be doing any research before repeating what's readily available thru LE sources and on the web.

That has been particularly true of the William and Verna Scheiern murder story, where investigative journalism has been pretty much limited to a few quick sloppy interviews of the neighbors. A key element of that story is where Nathaniel was during the lead up to the murders, but the press only offers vague and contradictory information on that score. It probably wouldn't take more than visiting local convenience stores and fast food restaurants with NS's photo to do better on that score, but that hasn't happened. The situation is similar in the Mohammed Pedro Whitaker KS and MO shootings. We have almost no background on Whitaker that wasn't provided by LE or obvious web sources.

There have been some exceptions. Christine Vendel of the Wichita Eagle did a particularly thorough job in one article of hers on the Whitaker case while she was covering it. And the standard of research of the NOCO shootings proper has generally been better than that of the Sheiern shootings in Glendale or the Whitaker case. Katie de la Rosa of News9, Marshall Zelinger of 7 News Denver, Emma Pettit of the Greeley Tribune, and Eric Ortiz of NBC News have been especially good about collecting additional information and pushing the envelop on the case.

I've also been struck by how little effort many press outlets put into their reporting. In searching thru old press reports of one story or another, I'm getting used to seeing one basic story and set of facts repeated again and again in different words with most report adding nothing to whatever was first reported. Few reporters seem to be doing any research before repeating what's readily available thru LE sources and on the web.

That has been particularly true of the William and Verna Scheiern murder story, where investigative journalism has been pretty much limited to a few quick sloppy interviews of the neighbors. A key element of that story is where Nathaniel was during the lead up to the murders, but the press only offers vague and contradictory information on that score. It probably wouldn't take more than visiting local convenience stores and fast food restaurants with NS's photo to do better on that score, but that hasn't happened. The situation is similar in the Mohammed Pedro Whitaker KS and MO shootings. We have almost no background on Whitaker that wasn't provided by LE or obvious web sources.

There have been some exceptions. Christine Vendel of the Wichita Eagle did a particularly thorough job in one article of hers on the Whitaker case while she was covering it. And the standard of research of the NOCO shootings proper has generally been better than that of the Sheiern shootings in Glendale or the Whitaker case. Katie de la Rosa of News9, Marshall Zelinger of 7 News Denver, Emma Pettit of the Greeley Tribune, and Eric Ortiz of NBC News have been especially good about collecting additional information and pushing the envelop on the case.

I totally agree.

I ran into the same thing when I tried to find out more details about Scheiern. It is exactly like you said. Most had the same type of articles just re-hashed so you could tell they just get the info from a common source and re-hash it.
But like you indicated, there were a few which provided a little better information and it helped to see more in some of them.

I couldnt find anything to confirm whether he was traveling back to Colorado or not. It seems its possible but it is a big unknown right now.

I've searched and searched, but the last word I've been able to find in the press about Mohammed Whitaker's legal situation is this article from this 5/2/14 Associated Press piece in the Columbia Tribune:

KC highway shooting suspect goes to court

"Whitaker was silent as the judge bound his case over for arraignment May 19 [2014]."

Dozens of news outlets had reported his arrest, but there has been nothing that I could find about a trial, or the case being dropped. There have been subsequent pieces questioning whether he got a bye in press coverage, but not even they updated his legal status or mentioned a trial.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

I've searched and searched, but the last word I've been able to find in the press about Mohammed Whitaker's legal situation is this article from this 5/2/14 Associated Press piece in the Columbia Tribune:

KC highway shooting suspect goes to court

"Whitaker was silent as the judge bound his case over for arraignment May 19 [2014]."

Dozens of news outlets had reported his arrest, but there has been nothing that I could find about a trial, or the case being dropped. There have been subsequent pieces questioning whether he got a bye in press coverage, but not even they updated his legal status or mentioned a trial.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Crime JULY 23, 2014
Defendant is admonished for sharing highway shooting evidence with The Star

Jul 23, 2014 - &#8220;This is a really, really bad idea,&#8221; Jackson County Circuit Judge Robert M. Schieber told Mohammed Whitaker while holding up a copy of a Kansas City Star article. Schieber accused Whitaker of making it difficult for him to conduct a fair trial with an impartial jury.
<snipped>
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article788504.html#storylink=cpy

This Ft. Collins shooting incident concerns me that maybe there was some kind of "order" or "request" to any Isis sympathisers and lone wolves to do these types of things.

It could easily be just some crazy teenagers shooting at cars and signs but I have to wonder if some directive was given out.
The reason I am concerned is even wild teenagers know how serious gun charges from LE are and most teenagers would not go this far of shooting guns at random cars. They know it means serious jail time if caught and most would not do it.
Gangs would but this doesnt sound like a gang because gangs usually target specific people. This seems random which makes it similar to the NOCO shootings.

We need to be on the lookout for anymore of these types of similar random shooting incidents at cars in CO and even in any state in the US. I hope this is not some directive that was given out.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...hooting-northern-colorado-incidents/30021937/

am I understanding that you think it's possible for there to be just as many shooters as there have been shooting incidents?...the thought of that is truly terrifying...like earning a badge or something like setting a jihad trend... I saw this story and haven't a clue as to whether or not it's related to anything but once again a mysterious bullet wound from nowhere...this time a juvenile (even though the link says "man") ... it's pretty far away from Northern Colorado though...and not remote at all...near Glendale south of Denver...

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/13/reports-man-hit-by-bullet-in-parking-lot-of-denver-bank/

'DEJA vu Times TWO, The Trails of Terror Continues'...

Well, due to the silence in this case and likely many others in the US, imo. The trails of terror continue, and innocent victim's lives are being lost due to the silence by the ms media, Law Enforcement, and the Justice system via ms/social media. After over six years since the 2002 DC Sniper murders by John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo, and over a year since the 2014 KC Sniper incidents by Mohammad Whitaker, it is very unlikely that there is not an obvious motive known by investigators and judicial officials.

There is a serial sniper, and likely serial killer in north CO who has affiliation with ISIS, and who is a jihadist lone wolf imo, which should be obvious to a first year law enforcement officer/investigator. There has been two killings and one wounding by the CO sniper. Although the CO shooter has not been named publicly, imo, the NOCO Shooter/Serial Killer Task force is likely aware of their suspect's name and his location. His name is Nathaniel Scheiern, imo. He is an ISIS jihadist lone wolf predator, imo. His facebook/Twitter posts paint a very vivid and dark portrait of his intentions and motive for the shootings, imo.
Much to the relief of Task Force officials, on June 3/2015, the random CO shootings ceased...

Fast forward to June 29/2015 - Colorado man arrested in ax murders of grandparents in California ... GLENDALE, Calif. ... Nathaniel Scheiern, 34, is accused of using "an ax as a deadly and dangerous weapon in the murders of his elderly grandparents,"
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...d-in-ax-murders-of-grandparents-in-california..
"Silence is the predators most lethal weapon"!
Silence by Law Enforcement, counter-terrorism task forces, and the Justice System only enables the jihadists to remain stealth, and causes more innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases.. jmo

I just saw this horrible gruesome story of the killing of the grandparents on my local news a few nights ago. And the reporter said ' the motive is still unclear.' grrrrrrrrr........I guess no one does investigative journalism anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019