CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor on HLN now talking about seeing the other two boys on the roof with camera saying their brother took off in the balloon.

ETA: He was too late to see the balloon, nor did he see the supposed attached box.

Originally the news reported the balloon was being tested to go 20 feet in the air? Maybe the kids were playing thinking they could go up in the balloon 20 feet and the tether came loose? Would explain the video cameras, taping the little brother go up 20 feet - sort of "look at me ma!"

That's a good possibility. Or maybe Falcon got in and the other two thought they would just hold onto the tethers while he "floated"?? Then the tethers slipped from their hands?

According to a neighbor, after Falcon took off, the other two boys were on the roof excited about it while the parents were panicking in the back yard. The parents allowed these young boys on the roof?!?

Trust me, this family has been an accident waiting to happen!

The Weld County Sheriff's deputy thought he saw something fall in the area around County Road 41 and County Road 28. He believes it came from the bottom of the aircraft.

There is now a very large search in the area, moving through high grass.

9NEWS has a digital picture of the balloon showing some sort of black object underneath it. Experts we talked to do not think the speck is a bird or something on the camera lens.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=125161&catid=339

Maz

:cow:

No, I need to find the pic that was taken in FT. Collins and I didn't even see a basket then.

I have this shot of when it landed, is this in the area you are looking for?

Attachments

• Balloon Basket 2.JPG
    Balloon Basket 2.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 11
(snip)

The Weld County Sheriff's deputy thought he saw something fall in the area around County Road 41 and County Road 28. He believes it came from the bottom of the aircraft.

There is now a very large search in the area, moving through high grass.

9NEWS has a digital picture of the balloon showing some sort of black object underneath it. Experts we talked to do not think the speck is a bird or something on the camera lens.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=125161&catid=339

I have this shot of when it landed, is this in the area you are looking for?

The pic I was talking about was the first one posted online. You can see house roofs. IIRC, it was taken not long after it took off.

CNN reporting that basket WAS attached and that deputy saw something fall from balloon...they're narrowing ground search area now

pamzack

I know everyone has the right to speculate, but I think the guy on HLN went a little too far stating, with 100% certainty, that the boy is dead. Sometimes I really hate the news.

k99.1 radio is reporting an off duty sheriffs officer near Platteville, CO saw something fall off the balloon. Going to be planning search and rescue efforts and releasing information for volunteers in footsearch shortly.

Here's the neighbors statement on HLN regarding the kids on the roof (quoted word for word): "I didn't see the neighbors early this morning but i did hear some commotion in the back yard then I went to run errands. When I came back I saw the 3 boys on the roof. I don't know if they seemed flustered, but they seemed animated maybe I should say. They were simply telling me he was up in the air but I could tell from the commotion in the back yard from the parents that something had gone wrong."

The pic I was talking about was the first one posted online. You can see house roofs. IIRC, it was taken not long after it took off.

OK, I spotted this news about a half hour in so I didn't capture that part of it. :(

Ugh
I can not even imagine the fear this kid felt if he was indeed in the box/balloon.
I can not even imagine the fear that he parents/siblings felt/are feeling.

The longer this goes on, the more it's looking and sounding like he was in an attachment and fell from this thing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member