GUILTY CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy Hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had a strong feeling he wasn't in the balloon, after watching an episode of myth busters. It took I think about 10,000 balloons to lift a child who weighed about 45 lbs. She only got about 3 ft off the ground. That balloon "that guy" had took off like a kite, and there were no openings where he could have fallen out. Then they brought up the basket or box, which still would have made it heavy. I think they had all the boys out to watch and I think "that guy" being a Science Detective would know exactly how much weight was needed to lift the balloon. JMO.
BBM. Exactly! and my husband both said as much!

O.K I found the video can anybody tell what the child in the middle says? When Wolf was questioning Falcon and that guy about the show. The middle child says two thins first I couldn't understand second time he cups his hand over his mouth and says something to Falcon.

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/10/15/sot.lkl.heene.did.it.for.show.cnn[/ame]

O.K I found the video can anybody tell what the child in the middle says? When Wolf was questioning Falcon and that guy about the show. The middle child says two thins first I couldn't understand second time he cups his hand over his mouth and says something to Falcon.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/10/15/sot.lkl.heene.did.it.for.show.cnn

legalmania,
did that guy say "I can see where this is hedging" ??? Do you hear that instead of I can see where this is heading.

legalmania,
did that guy say "I can see where this is hedging" ??? Do you hear that instead of I can see where this is heading.

If it helps, I heard "hedging". Like he tried to say, "I know where this is heading"
and "I see what you're hedging at", at the same time and ended up with a weird combo of the two.

If it helps, I heard "hedging". Like he tried to say, "I know where this is heading"
and "I see what you're hedging at", at the same time and ended up with a weird combo of the two.

It did sound weird when I relistened to it.

at what time in the clip please?

Rumors(so take it with a grain of salt) that her parents are in Japan.
Has anyone told Mrs. Heene that? Or is that where she thinks the mothership landed???

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/10/15/sot.lkl.heene.did.it.for.show.cnn

Yikes!!! What some people will do to be a/famous, and b/ have more money....
The Reality Show business is out of control:(

legalmania,

Yes, I heard hedging also. Wonder what the kid in the middle says the first time that Falcon gets sort of upset? I went back and cannot understand what he said, but he smiles while he said it. Those kids were so coached.

I was watching as this event was unfolding as well as when the balloon came down. My heart was in my throat just before it was determinded that Falcon was not in the balloon. I was worried that he could have fallen out as was once stated.

I was so angry when it was determined to be a hoax. I fear for Falcon's safety in this and his future wellbeing. These charges should be very serious as should the consequences, IMO. This mad scientist should be stopped in his tracks so that no future scams/hoaxes can be done.

O/T. Please understand that I am not making fun of the Sheriff, but I knew he reminded me of someone. Take the glasses and the mustache off and he favors Aunt Bee of the Andy Griffith show. He really does to my old eyes!

bbm

Hee - I had the same "who does he look like" moment except with wacko dad. I know these dudes are a bit older, but I figured it out; The Heene father reminds me of Treat Williams and also that dude from, "Married with Children" who was married to Marcy... Ted McGinley.

Also, while we're making random comparisons out of the blue :) (and I'm outing myself here as a watcher of Nick at Nite heh) the Heene name is similar to that shyster, con-man character on that show, "Green Acres" who was named Heney (or Haney.) He was known for his shady dealings and his peddling pieces of junk and calling them by some outlandish name. 'Memmer? ....You 'memmer. :)

Also, I was just watching HLN and the guy mentionied something that I meant to post here and forgot about it. When they showed the Heene home-videos of their storm chasing, it had the father with the kids as they came upon an over-turned truck, wrecked from the tornado, to which Heene said,"Ooooh look kids! Isn't that cool!" ....not - - "Omg boys, I hope the driver is OK" and not... - - "That poor guy; the storm destroyed his truck..." Empathy much? Yikes. No words.

Treat Williams . . . Ted McGinley . . . . . Richard Heene
treat_williams.jpg
. .
1844550.jpg
. .
art.heene.sheriff.kdvr.jpg

To be fair, this is not your typical case. I'll give 'em a week...

I know they can be charged with making a false police report. JMO I also think they can be charged under the patriot act if that is still active, can't remember. They did threaten our national security. By having the government involved. Also reckless endangerment. I remember reading that they could get up to 500,000 fine and up to 6 years. Again JMO.

Yes, I heard hedging also. Wonder what the kid in the middle says the first time that Falcon gets sort of upset? I went back and cannot understand what he said, but he smiles while he said it. Those kids were so coached.

I saw the middle boy talking but couldn't make out the words the first time, but I do think he said "don't say it" with his little hand over his mouth.

I also found this interesting in a Freudian slip kinda way, IYKWIM.

Main Entry: hedge
(snipped)
3 : a calculatedly noncommittal or evasive statement
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hedge

I saw the middle boy talking but couldn't make out the words the first time, but I do think he said "don't say it" with his little hand over his mouth.

I also found this interesting in a Freudian slip kinda way, IYKWIM.

Main Entry: hedge
(snipped)
3 : a calculatedly noncommittal or evasive statement
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hedge

Do you think that's what ricmic meant? ( this is my new name for him mixing Richard and Michael)

OK the first one was at 35sec. Second time at 1:35 please use the link I use on this page. Thanks.

oh thanks i saw the kid on the left/red shirt kid - say something to middle/green shirt kid at around 35 but i couldn't catch anything at 1:35. not to say it's not there. honestly all the fidgeting of those 3 children was making ME feel so uncomfortable watching them. you could tell they were very uncomfortable, and it's not just energetic kids - i think they were very scared and uncomfortable.

also, dad definitely says "hedging" - very freudian!

On a serious note, and I feel bad saying this, if the kids are removed, I hope his wife moves out, at least for awhile. I don't know how anyone else feels, but those kids are not in a stable situation. Their caregivers are not stable. Especially the father. He seems like the angry immature sort.
He says he doesn't like "establishment". Well, if the state takes their kids, which could very conceivably happen, he will be seeing a lot of the establishment. They will be so far up his butt, they'll be touching his tonsils. I fear for the wife, being the only target for this man with the kids gone, his lifestyle and image destroyed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back