Found Deceased CO - Ryan Albert, 30, hiker, Rocky Mountain National Park, Longs Peak area, 4 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Colorado -
Ryan Albert, 30 -
Climber -
Rocky Mountain National Park -
Thursday, 4 Oct 2018 -

Ryan Albert
White / Male / 30 Years Old

Ryan-Albert.jpg

Day Three

1)) Denver Post:
Search is on in Longs Peak area for New Jersey man – The Denver Post

2)) WFMZ TV-69:

Search in Colorado for missing New Jersey man

3)) Google Supplements & Updates:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...0j0i131j0i22i30j33i21j33i22i29i30.daeNybGen7g

BOLO = Be On the Look-Out
K-9 = Canine -- Certified Search Dogs
LE = Law Enforcement
MSM = Main-Stream Media
NCIC = National Crime Information Center
SAR = Search and Rescue
UAV = Unmanned Aerial Vehicle -- Drone

[Message 5954
Thread 393802]

Last edited:
Colorado -
Ryan Albert, 30 -
Climber -
Rocky Mountain National Park -
Thursday, 4 Oct 2018 -

Ryan Albert
White / Male / 30 Years Old

Ryan-Albert.jpg

Day Three

1)) Denver Post:
Search is on in Longs Peak area for New Jersey man – The Denver Post

2)) WFMZ TV-69:

Search in Colorado for missing New Jersey man

3)) Google Supplements & Updates:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...0j0i131j0i22i30j33i21j33i22i29i30.daeNybGen7g

BOLO = Be On the Look-Out
K-9 = Canine -- Certified Search Dogs
LE = Law Enforcement
MSM = Main-Stream Media
NCIC = National Crime Information Center
SAR = Search and Rescue
UAV = Unmanned Aerial Vehicle -- Drone

[Message 5954
Thread 393802]
Oh geez. Long's Peak again.

Park officials say technical crews searching Longs Peak for 30-year-old Ryan Albert of Marlton, New Jersey, ran into extreme conditions on Tuesday including waist-deep snow drifts, wind, ice, cold temperatures and low visibility. The search was temporarily suspended due to a winter weather advisory issued for Wednesday.

Park spokeswoman Lindsey Lewis says Thursday's weather forecast seems to show a bit of improvement, which should allow teams to resume the search.
Search for missing N.J. climber suspended due to weather

Park officials say technical crews searching Longs Peak for 30-year-old Ryan Albert of Marlton, New Jersey, ran into extreme conditions on Tuesday including waist-deep snow drifts, wind, ice, cold temperatures and low visibility. The search was temporarily suspended due to a winter weather advisory issued for Wednesday.

Park spokeswoman Lindsey Lewis says Thursday's weather forecast seems to show a bit of improvement, which should allow teams to resume the search.
Search for missing N.J. climber suspended due to weather
Sadly this doesn’t bode well. Too much time and weather has been extreme since he disappeared. Maybe we can hope that he never climbed Longs Peak and is trekking thru the park elsewhere. I’m not sure if he had enough supplies for that even.

I sort of shake my head with the media declaring this a "hike". The Keyhole Route is not a hike. It is a climb that crosses enormous sheer vertical rock faces, often with falling rocks, requiring scrambling, where an unroped fall would likely be fatal. The route has narrow ledges, loose rock, and steep cliffs. In the summertime hundreds climb to the summit via the Keyhole Route, October is considered very treacherous to even attempt it. I looked at the historical NOAA radar. If he began the ascent Thursday morning there was a large band of precip to the West of the peak, and it moved over the area about 1 pm local time. Radar Data Map | GIS Maps | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Rescue teams scour snowy Rockies for missing Rowan senior
Five crews and a dog team are searching for Ryan Albert in the Longs Peak area of the Rockies on Thursday, National Park Service spokeswoman Lindsey Lewis said.

It's been a week since Albert was last seen, and no clues have been found since the search began Saturday.

The 27 searchers are focusing on high-probability areas below tree line, she said. Due to the winter weather -- up to a foot of snow expected through Friday -- teams will not be sent to climb the mountain, she noted.

Helicopters search Longs Peak for missing New Jersey man
Teams on Friday were assisted by Trans Aero and Northern Colorado Interagency Helitack in the aerial search.
So far, no clues have been found, park officials said.

A powerful storm system and cold front is dropping out of the northern Rockies and will bring snow and colder temperatures to the park on Saturday night and Sunday. Accumulating snow is expected, and temperatures Sunday likely will top out in the 20s, according to forecasters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain
Back