Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just going to try to stay away from all the SM stuff, it doesn't seem fair to me and I still haven't watched any videos except the Christmas one and a couple of snippets posted here. But it does seem ironic to me, the amount of time ppl (not necessarily you) are spending on her FB site, only to accuse her of spending too much time on FB herself.

The reason I clipped your post is to say I disagree 100% with that statement. If he had killed her the way he says, and if he had called 911 and not purposely destroyed evidence he would have earned reasonable doubt, IMO, if not complete exoneration of even being charged. And he might have 1 or 2 live children. The reason he did all of what he did after he killed her, was because he wanted to obfuscate the whole situation and take the heat off of himself. He's a coward, IMO.

Actually, the only videos I have seen are those posted on here. And I am spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time on here so looking up FB videos is not what I feel like spending time on. I would rather reasd on WS

No. I think a lot of posters think it points toward more than being overly cautious. Combined with other things some have learned, I think for many, SW’s mental health has come into question. JMO & MOO
But she is the one who is dead and whose little girls were dumped in filthy oil. I think someone is mentally ill, but it is not her.
You would have to have some kind of mental illness to do that to your daughters bodies and if he is not mentally ill, it only leaves evil.

But she is the one who is dead and whose little girls were dumped in filthy oil. I think someone is mentally ill, but it is not her.
You would have to have some kind of mental illness to do that to your daughters bodies and if he is not mentally ill, it only leaves evil.
Yes. I don’t think he’s mentally ill. I think he’s plain evil and cruel and only thinks of himself.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I was answering a question which asked if posters thought SW was potentially guilty just because she took her girls to excessive medical appointments.

No one is admonishing posters with a different viewpoint, disagreeing is not an admonishment.
No, not at all! What people are arguing is the idea that using evidence that a person has a certain type of personality, who visits doctors often, who is a neat freak, or doesn't like her mother in law, or puts down her husband, is more than likely capable of killing her children! That's the part that is the problem. Debating that, or even being strongly against it has nothing to do with admonishment of the individual poster. Also I believe that message from Tricia is from before the bulk of the judgement and unwarranted criticism. It probably is a great idea to consult with her so we dont have to go on and on..... jmo

I too, had taken my baby to the doctors the afternoon before she died and was told that she had the sniffles. He brushed aside my concern that I had woken her because she had slept way past her feeding time and she was limp and cool to the touch. She got over that, but he just brushed me off. The next morning she died.

What?? If you have posted about this in the past, I'm sorry I missed it. Your baby died? I'm so, so sorry.

Starkville said:
People have commented that his SM was mostly sports commentary and whatever Thrive posts. IMO, he wasn’t very motivated to be a Thriver, and I strongly suspect that Shanann was posting and writing the posts for him. I think he posed for photos but was very passive about it. Shanann was 100% the driven one. I don’t think he gave two farts about SM and wouldn’t have used it in his extramarital adventures.

I also think deleting his FB was an eff-you to Shanann and rejecting something she cared about.

JMO

I also think deleting his FB was an eff-you to Shanann and rejecting something she cared about.

JMO

As for “getting her pregnant”, all I can say is: it takes two. The person who doesn’t want a baby has several methods to prevent it. If there was any coercion on either party’s part, that’s a huge problem in a marriage.

Yep he generally looked uninvolved and disinterested. I’m sure, for the most part, his SM use was for recreational fun, not for work. On the other hand she was trying to provide financially for her family (and possible single parenthood?) Is there proof he wasn’t on Tinder/Grinder/POF etc? Or evidence he wasn’t using his phone for sexting/communicating with his AP/s? (I’m sure this is being investigated.)

Personally? I’m staggered at what a wooz this guy is, and that he could actually get her pregnant. He sure doesn’t come across as having the parts to do so.

He wanted out. He could have left at any moment. Every complaint in regards to SW’s failings, yep all that is on him too. Or was he negligent of his parental duties?

His obvious choice at not getting her pregnant was to not have sex (at least have protected sex!)

IMO that is the bigger problem. He went straight to devalue, detach and discard. He failed at adulting. He failed at being a man. He failed at life.

Oh and IF it really happened the way he said it did? He still failed his children - by not leaving and going for custody ages ago. He could have saved them. But he didn’t. So, yea he is responsible for their deaths either way. So there’s that.

Last edited:
Unassuming husbands with no prior warning signs, have massacred their families on countless occasions.

It is not a new phenomenon.

What does not happen, is two different people (SW and C.W.) becoming murderers at the same time.

You would have to believe that Shanann suddenly snapped and killed her kids.

Then you would have to believe that instead of fighting Shanann off, calling 911, and saving the kids, C.W. also decided to become a murderer.

So essentially two people “snap at once.”

Of course only one of them lied on national television.

Only one of them buried his wife in a shallow grave.

Only one of them dumped his kids’ bodies in oil.

Only one of them is here to talk about it, and he is a liar.
And as others have pointed out, not only do 2 people snap on the same night, they both use the same MO for the murders, and believing all that brings us to the only conclusion that they both hated their beautiful little kids.

Let me address the issue of believing Chris Watts over what police say happened.

If you speculate about Chris, you can speculate about Shanann. It may seem awful but since the defense is saying Shanann killed her kids and not Chris then both can be looked at as suspects.

We are very lucky we have verified insiders helping us.

If you don't like what someone is saying and it makes you crazy scroll by.

All posts must be made within our terms of service.

If you see a post that violates terms of service should alert on it and not tell others how to post.

When you start telling others how to post you stop the discussion dead in its tracks and the thread becomes about your opinion on how others post. That is considered off topic and a violation of our Terms of Service.

There is a difference between believing that his side of things could be true, that she killed her children based on what happened that night from his word and media interviews, police reports, as that will come up in trial... and dragging her through the mud with no guidelines.

Question for any of the attorneys here (@gitana1 ?) but in a trial, as ugly as the character assassination may get by defense, aren't there rules and guidelines as to what is admissible and what isn't? I can't fathom that it would be OK to put the victim on trial by allowing anything and everything to be thrown at her, real and completely made up i.e. BPD, MBP etc. as a defense for CW until something sticks.

I'm feeling like that is how it is here, though. There is little to no practical reasoning for most of the negative things that have been suggested about her. It seems like because CW said she killed her children, it is fine to say literally anything about Shanann with zero evidence or reasoning whatsoever. A free for all. We've gone beyond discussing rationally why HE did what he did, and have minimized his guilt and gone straight to analyzing every bit of her SM account and her mothering skills, her character. Then just guessing at things randomly almost to the point of creating a fake Shanann that could have been the one who would have killed her kids and left poor Chris a victim.

Can we have another reminder that these are real people here?! There's an underlying disrespect in trying to shape her into a villanous character to fit the wild theories.

What we know for sure is that HE is a killer. He admitted to ignoring his dying children, he admitted to murdering his wife and unborn son, and he admitted to covering it all up. He admitted to lying multiple times. He admitted to cheating. HE is charged with multiple crimes because both the police and the DA felt the evidence was there and solid.

Why this doesn't give a slight bias or implication of his guilt over hers is beyond me. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

I've seen some horrible stuff allowed in, in trials. Casey Anthony was allowed to bring in in opening statements (and then never present any actual evidence), that her father molested her and her child and harmed the child. It was disgusting.

And Jodi arias was allowed to present a crazy expert to state that her murder victim was actually the perp of domestic violence as could not be a victim because, essentially, men aren't ever victims of DV (snort), as well as testify that he was a pedophile and had sexually and otherwise abused her.

It was horrifying to watch especially witnessing the anguish of the murder victim's family and loved ones.

Her family was happy however.

I too, had taken my baby to the doctors the afternoon before she died and was told that she had the sniffles. He brushed aside my concern that I had woken her because she had slept way past her feeding time and she was limp and cool to the touch. She got over that, but he just brushed me off. The next morning she died.
That is just heartbreaking, Jennifer, and also mtlites. I am so sorry you two have lost your babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow