Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So CW could have had access to her phone after he killed her and before it was found so he could have sent texts to himself from SW's phone and said who knows what. But we don't know if that's the case and he then hid her phone in the sofa or if she put her phone in the sofa or accidentally lost it in there during a struggle. Like Gitana said, I'm anxious to see their phone and computer usage.

ETA: Oh it seems it may have been found the same day so nix the above.

So the prosecutor has to prove that CW killed them all with deliberation. I go back and forth between this case being a slam dunk for the State versus vs a challenging one.

This case is a combination of 'who done it' (OJ, C Anthony, S Peterson) and 'I did it' (Jodi Arias case).

Hope the State has solid evidence that CW killed the children, then the rest will be easier to prove.
I can't think of a case where a father dumped his children's bodies in something like a tank of crude oil within hours of their death who didn't kill them. IMO.

True but even without knowledgenof the camera he would've backed his truck in to load up bodies.
I have cameras on my home too. I have always wondered where my neighbors legal rights fall as far as my cameras being able to also view portions of their properties. Are there any laws regarding this that might come into play as far as admissibility of what the cameras saw on CW's property?

So CW could have had access to her phone after he killed her and before it was found so he could have sent texts to himself from SW's phone and said who knows what. But we don't know if that's the case and he then hid her phone in the sofa or if she put her phone in the sofa or accidentally lost it in there during a struggle. Like Gitana said, I'm anxious to see their phone and computer usage.
What’s on her phone, and especially his phone, will likely be important to the case.

Because the phone was found during the initial search, and because CW didn’t bring it with him to his work that morning (while dumping the bodies), I don’t think he tampered with anything on it.

I think he would have been so busy with the cleanup, that the phone wasn’t on his mind. The same goes with Shanann’s purse.

Then, depending on when he murdered Shan'nan, she might have been quite stiff when he tried to stuff her in the tank. IE killed at 2:30, 4 hours later at 6:30, nope won't fit in tank, I guess I'll just dig a shallow hole and let the varmints deal with her. (My wife and little son)
I figure with her being 15 weeks pregnant and perhaps a little heavier too, she simply would not fit in the man hole and she he had to quickly bury her. But the one thing that really puzzles me is, why did he go through the trouble of putting each child into a different oil tank?

Yup. You’re reading that correctly.
Whew, okay. So still in my mind, pure speculation and just putting myself in the shoes of NUA at the time she was at the door and could on,y open a few inches, I stand by IMO she may very well heard SWs cell ring from up in the loft area down to the front door, which caused her alarm.
Which could be a logical assessment of why PD response did so quickly vs. not.
Now HOW SWs cell got there, we may never know and we’ve all guessed.

I have cameras on my home too. I have always wondered where my neighbors legal rights fall as far as my cameras being able to also view portions of their properties. Are there any laws regarding this that might come into play as far as admissibility of what the cameras saw on CW's property?
Hmmm, that’s an interesting question.

Whew, okay. So still in my mind, pure speculation and just putting myself in the shoes of NUA at the time she was at the door and could on,y open a few inches, I stand by IMO she may very well heard SWs cell ring from up in the loft area down to the front door, which caused her alarm.
Which could be a logical assessment of why PD response did so quickly vs. not.
Now HOW SWs cell got there, we may never know and we’ve all guessed.
I suppose without knowing the exact layout of the house, she may or may not have heard it ring.

There is nothing in the affidavit mentioning that, so we simply don’t know.

I'm not sure why some people are apparently up in arms about the fact the DA doesn't have all of the results from autopsy yet. His motion is plain-spoken and quite to the point. Plus there's absolutely nothing extraordinary about having a forensic pathologist perform the autopsy. It's what they do...

Did he do a walk thru with N.U, see all of SW belongings still there and then go back to work after that until the police called him back home?
No. NU couldn’t get hold of Shanann, and couldn’t make entry to the house.

She called CW while he was apparently still at work. He said he’d be right home. When he took too long, NU called police, who beat CW there.

When he arrived, he consented to a search, at which point, the police made note of her belongings being there.

I really wonder what Chris' multiple unanswered texts to Shanann - the morning after he killed her - said. If they were just generic like "Hey, you up yet?" Or if they were fake sweet like "Morning beautiful, how are the girls?" Or if they tried to set any kind of stage that she may have walked out or referenced the "emotional conversation."

In watching the tv interviews of Chris' lies, it seemed like he couldn't commit to which approach/story/lie he wanted to take - if they had been "abducted" or if they had a "disagreement" and Shanann had left him. He just kept stammering on about how they "vanished." It was like in the interviews, you could just see him conflicted, trying to latch on to one story or the other, not knowing which one to pick. If he had planned on saying he thought she had left him, now that didn't work because he didn't have time to set the scene to get rid of purses, kid meds, wallet, ID, cell phone, etc. But once he found out about neighbor cameras, he also couldn't now claim she and the girls got picked up and left with anyone. So he just sounded like an idiot stammering about his house the ghost town with a half hearted plea that if someone had them to bring them back. I wonder what his original story was going to be, if LE didn't get involved so fast.

And I wonder what approach he took in his fake multiple text messages he said he sent to Shanann the next day, which would have been sent before he knew he was backed into a wall with his fake stories. Did he try to set a stage in the messages to her? Or if they were just total generic like, "Are you up?" And how his defense attorney will explain any sweet concerned messages to the woman who just you know, strangled his children.

It's going to be riveting. And disgusting knowing what we know now and what he knew then, at the time of those messages.

Gross.

Did he do a walk thru with N.U, see all of SW belongings still there and then go back to work after that until the police called him back home?
No, the Frederick police officer was waiting on him when he got there. That pesky NUA (see tongue in cheek) had already called and requested a wellness check and they responded. Chris's attitude was not appropriate so she took charge.

That’s a great question! Following this above.

Sort of OT but since this case alone, I:
- no longer leave my keys on the dashboard of my car that’s parked in the garage
- have gotten property cameras
- rechecked child safety latches
- rechecked SM privacy settings
- designated a FB legacy person
- ensured thrice that my child minotor (same as Theirs) does indeed
NOT have WiFi or remote capabilities
- threw out my bottle of Benadryl
And that’s just to name a few.

Standing back for a bit and it seems to be all are of the same big picture goal :) I appreciate your kind response as well.
Well if that’s the case, and AB is correct that SW family is in town, it does make one wonder. I still can’t believe the Prosc would “lie” and say results weren’t available. BUT maybe given the latest filings, that lit a fire for results to be provided. We are at about the 5-6 weeks mark for tox results, I believe? Surely that’s been expedited for this case, I’d hope.
Whatever the reason is, I do hope there can be a special consideration for ANY immediate family member of SW or CW to have an article now if it helps with their grieving process (a favorite stuffies of the girls, may be left behind stuff for Deiter, etc).
BBM
The prosecution did not lie. They don't have the reports because they are not yet available.

The Weld County Coroner's Office has also confirmed that the reports are not yet available.
Autopsy reports in Watts case not available, prosecution says

Rourke said the Weld County Coroner’s Office has not received the final reports from the forensic pathologist.
Weld DA Michael Rourke says he has not received autopsy reports in Christopher Watts case

Laws vary, but generally your cameras can’t capture anywhere where a person has a “reasonable expectation of privacy.”

So a camera that captures someone’s yard would be ok. But one that peers into a bedroom would not.

I'm not sure why some people are apparently up in arms about the fact the DA doesn't have all of the results from autopsy yet. His motion is plain-spoken and quite to the point. Plus there's absolutely nothing extraordinary about having a forensic pathologist perform the autopsy. It's what they do...
Oh, right, originally I thought the question was about bringing in an additional forensic pathologist. Like a second opinion or something. I guess my reply is still within the context, although unnecessary. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member