Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't because such support always attracts trolls. The parents of the little boy killed by the gator at Disney World were vilified on social media and accused of being at fault. It was disgusting, sickening behavior. JMO
Similarly, SW is also being vilified by some on social media.

I *think* it’s because the motion to seal fell under CORA, which states the court shall hold a hearing to determine if the custodian can meet the threshold to have them sealed. We now know there have been a number of open records requests so those parties probably need to be heard...

Yes. I think that a hearing would now be necessary due to the CORA requests. But the court, I would think, still needs to hear the defense's position to the motion.
But that wasn't addressed.
As a party to the case their position is crucial.
I wouldn't be surprised if after viewing the reports, defense agreed with motion by State not to disclose results until trial. I also believe that against better judgement of this request, 1st Amendment will prevail, and reports will be released in accordance with CORA.

The father had private conversations with CW before he confessed. I think that puts him right in the middle of what happened right before the affidavit was released. CW said he would tell the "truth" if he could speak privately with his father, and he had already had private time with his father on the way from the airport to Frederick. And the father had a couple of days to hire or consult with atty's to help his son. (Nothing wrong with that, but he did have a chance for a private meeting with CW when CW was at police department).
The father is a victim. His private conversations with his son don't put him in the middle of the crime. JMO

I wouldn't because such support always attracts trolls. The parents of the little boy killed by the gator at Disney World were vilified on social media and accused of being at fault. It was disgusting, sickening behavior. JMO
Unfortunately, we live in a society where no one believes accidents happen. And everyone says things on Facebook that they would never say to someone's face. I have seen it many times.

The affidavit is not clear that he remained home all night. He could have returned home before SW got home. Someone commented that he wouldn't of taken the chance of NUA coming in with SW when she dropped her off. But imo, at that time of the night/morning, there would be no reason for NUA to come in and make noise and wake family up.
Unfortunately I don't have the link to the post, but it was on the thread that a neighbor said that CW had told SW on the phone that she could not speak to the kids. (While she was in Arizona) (I would guess that might have come from NUA canvassing the neighborhood before CW showed up on Monday IMO). But, as you mention, he might not even have been home then, the kids could have been dead, he could have gone to visit the AP if she, maybe, had said it's all over. Or he could have gone to dump them. He could have been monitoring the flight times on his phone, to get back before she did, ready to ambush her. Maybe full of rage not because of something SW said, but because of the AP dumping him, his killing the kids in rage, all of it coming together when she walked in the door. (IMO, possible theory).

I see nothing interesting in that NUA did not come in. He could have told SW he was really tired, and anyone would assume the spouse would be, having to get up in a few hours.

OK now you've made me think again. So it depends on where the truck was, if it had been parked beyond cameras. And the tale of the GPS.

Last edited:
I doubt the children were ever on the deck while the hot BBQ was being used. Nor would they be heard if they were inside the house. It's a totally unremarkable observation, imo.
From the videos I've watched it seems that the girls were participating in most of the going ons around the house.
Also, if their bedtime is around 6:30 and he was grilling at 7:15, did he not eat dinner with them prior to their bedtime? I do wonder if he was burning something he didn't want SW to see and that was his main reason for lighting up the BBQ at that time and after the girls were in bed.

The father is a victim. His private conversations with his son don't put him in the middle of the crime. JMO
They are incredibly relevant. It was after this last conversation, that CW issued his partial confession. What happened during that conversation, can offer clarity here.

But no, we shouldn’t accuse him of anything, or speculate about what he may have said. In the courtroom however, that may be a different matter.

This. NUA was even criticized heavily for getting involved, and she was a friend of the victim.

There are always trolls, people with grudges and genuinely scary people who will say anything and follow through on some of it. I'd be afraid for their safety TBH. They'd be eviscerated.

And IMO they're 100% victims unless it is proven otherwise by LE or the courts via the conversation CW had with his dad at the police dept.

They must have adored their grandkids. And they lost a LOT, too.

Last edited:
Not every person who 'confesses' is sane. Some disturbed people will come forward and confess to random or high profile crimes, maybe just for the attention or some illogical reason.

Not every person who confesses is guilty. Some people will confess to crimes to cover for the real killer. Or they might confess because they are intimidated by the police and the pressure the interrogation.

But I don't see that CW falls in any of the above categories. He was the one who disposed of the bodies=FACT.

He and SW were the only ones present when the first 2 babies were strangled=FACT.

He was the only one present when the last 2 family members were strangled=FACT.

So it appears that this is a valid, credible confession.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but do we know that Shannan was "present" when she could have been in Arizona or flying back to CO?

I doubt the children were ever on the deck while the hot BBQ was being used. Nor would they be heard if they were inside the house. It's a totally unremarkable observation, imo.
It makes sense that they wouldn't be outside if their bedtime was usually 6:30 pm. It's a little odd that CW didn't eat dinner with them, but maybe they don't eat steak or whatever he was grilling and he fed them earlier. Either way, it may be unremarkable to you, but it stood out to the neighbor. And I don't know why you're focused in on the deck - there was a whole backyard out there. The children would not have had to be on the deck.
MOO

She was, and that’s a shame IMO. I really wanted to hear what she had to say, especially since she said she knew them both very well.

I really wanted her/him to stick around and I did not read the "attacks". I got the impression that she/he was just too uncertain and frankly, frightened about the security of keeping anonymity.

They are incredibly relevant. It was after this last conversation, that CW issued his partial confession. What happened during that conversation, can offer clarity here.

But no, we shouldn’t accuse him of anything, or speculate about what he may have said. In the courtroom however, that may be a different matter.
I wonder if LE recorded the conversation with CW and his father.
I assume all phone calls and face to face chats are recorded?
I wonder if that conversation will be played during the trial?

I wonder if LE recorded the conversation with CW and his father.
I assume all phone calls and face to face chats are recorded?
I wonder if that conversation will be played during the trial?
We don’t know if it occurred in a private room, or if it was recorded.

I’m not sure about privacy issues here, and if it would have been recorded in the first place.

@gitana1 @Mrspratcher

It makes sense that they wouldn't be outside if their bedtime was usually 6:30 pm. It's a little odd that CW didn't eat dinner with them, but maybe they don't eat steak or whatever he was grilling and he fed them earlier. Either way, it may be unremarkable to you, but it stood out to the neighbor.
MOO
It could be very remarkable depending on a number of things. Were the girls in bed sleeping already or were they already dead?
What was he grilling? Food, evidence, letters, information, clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke