Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone has already mentioned this...but with regard to the behavior of CW since "3 weeks ago", didn't he join SW and the girls in NC for a visit near the end of that vacation?

Also I suppose it's possible that SW got a weird vibe from CW via their long distance contact, saw it during his visit to NC, and related it all to N.

Just thoughts. I can't get my head around these horrific types of cases. My heart hurts for the families left behind.

Colorado prosecutors face Monday deadline to file charges against husband in deaths of wife, daughters

(CNN)Authorities in Colorado face a Monday afternoon deadline to file formal criminal charges against Chris Watts, who is suspected of killing his pregnant wife, Shanann Watts, and their two young daughters.

Chris Watts, 33, was arrested last week on suspicion of three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of tampering with a human body, police said. He is being held in the Weld County Jail without bond, with his next court appearance scheduled for Tuesday.

Under Colorado law, prosecutors must file charges against Watts Monday or let him go.
Colorado prosecutors face Monday deadline to file charges against husband in deaths of wife, daughters - CNN

I used to always leave my keys in the car in the garage...until I started reading WS.
That makes sense, except would you do it if the garage was always unlocked (according to some comments on this thread)?

So CW became cold and distant 3 weeks before the murders.

Tells neighbor she suspects her husband is having an affair.

Closes his facebook account 1 week before the murders.

What happened three weeks before the murders

Slowly the blanks are filling in.

Friend of Colorado mother wasn't shocked by husband's arrest | Daily Mail Online

And articles noting she was 15 weeks pregnant. She did the on/off camera pregnancy reveal for CW. Who wanted the pregnancy. And how did it change their relationship?

She did have to bring them into the house, because that is how she got in at 2 am. If it is true that they were found in the car, I think she was trying to leave.

I had commented yesterday re: keys in her car.... how mine are always on my dashboard since that’s how I enter and leave (garage doors). Should I go for a walk, the garage door has a keyless entry (numerical pad). I saw in one of the interviews (the one from the driveway), they also had keyless garage entry.

I had also commented that while she last used the front door to enter (as last seen by NU/NA around 2am), that I had previously noticed that they had a keyless numberical entry above their front door knob. When I noticed it, it was in one of the news reports. I questioned to myself later that perhaps that’s part of an investigation so LE, attorneys could gain entry (like a realtor). So I just went back on SW FB and found this picture from April that shows what I was referencing.
If the keys were in her car, until we know more, I can’t get hung up on that one now because that’s how she could’ve entered.
Shanann Watts

Attachments

• 69E9DD79-3178-46F1-B521-9A34A004C13A.jpeg
    69E9DD79-3178-46F1-B521-9A34A004C13A.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 83
I don't buy that he was a 'genuine' nice guy doting husband and
father. I think he faked a lot of this behavior in front of her
friends and cohorts. Like many women, SW was stuck in a marriage w 2 small children and another on the way. She had a lot invested in the marriage and many reasons to 'tolerate'
a less than ideal hubby. Pretty common, IMO.
He didn't suddenly snap. The rotten human being was always
there, he just kept it under wraps.
Sudden rage, , murderous rage came forward, but his potential
for this was always there. MOO.

Haven’t been active on WS in a long time, but this case has sucked me in. I’ve tried to scroll through the threads to catch up. I want to know what SW was wearing when they discovered her body. Was she in the clothes she was wearing when her friend dropped her off at 2:00? Or was she wearing pajamas? If it was pajamas, CW may have waited until she was asleep to attack. If she was wearing clothes, there may have been a more immediate encounter after the “emotional conversation”.

Great post! I hadn’t wondered, but now I do.

If he is going to go for a THRIVE defense there is a lot of reported side effects for a good legal team to work with.
Reported side effects of the capsules include:

• Dehydration
  • Headaches
  • Heart palpitations
  • Sweating
  • Confusion
  • Jitteriness
  • Dizziness
  • Feels like taking speed
  • Chest pains
  • Increased blood pressure
  • Anxiety

I remember seeing this before, but I don't know if I have read this on other sites. CW supposedly spent at least some time with them on the 6-week trip:

In late June, Shanann went home to North Carolina with Bella and Celeste for six weeks. According to her family, Chris joined them at the end of the trip.
Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared

====

Husband arrested in family's murder had financial struggles
DS, who works with Shanann Watts' mother at a hair salon, said she saw the family on this latest trip, according to NBC affiliate WRAL.

"She was one of those people, when she walked in the room it was just like sunshine," Search told the station. "Chris was very standoffish. He didn't really say anything. I said 'Hi' to him, and he kept his head down."

Also noticed that CW seems to have a son. I won't post his name here for obvious reasons.
There are Xmas photos from 2010 on one of her SM accounts but I'm not allowed to post it on the thread ( For clarity, am assuming he would now be a young teenager, am not suggesting that he wanted to move back to his ex etc.)

Damn. If this is true... I feel really sorry for him and I hope his mom, or whoever he lives with, gets him into therapy ASAP! I cannot imagine how knowing your dad killed his wife and kids would impact a young teen, but I’m sure it is damaging.

I watched CW in the San Diego video. I thought he looked thoroughly bored, aloof, and frankly he came off to me as a real jerk. He was standing next to another guy and he didn't even interact with him (that I could tell). In other words if he was having fun I didn't see that. JMHO

So interesting. Thanks for posting.

I get why so many are comparing the two cases (pregnant wife, two daughters) but with a huge, glaring difference.

To this day, MacDonald professes his innocence. For the record, that's 50 years!
He has always pointed his finger at a "hippie gang", an idea he got from Charles Manson (judging partly on the fact the he scrawled 'PIG' in blood on the wall, just as the wretched Manson gang did). Remember, too, that the Manson murders had happened just months before and obviously very high profile.

Also, the fact that he was a surgeon, intelligent and well spoken means he has always had people who believe his convoluted theory (and people, to his great fortune, who confessed). But anytime anyone is murdered, especially as viciously and brutally as the MacDonald's family was, yet one person miraculously survives after one whole week in a hospital? Yes, I'm suspicious.

So:

Jeffrey MacDonald, no confession.
Chris Watts, quick confession.

That destroys most comparisons for me, despite the similarities in the poor victims.

Chris Watts cracked very quickly under pressure from investigators. To me, that means they have some pretty concrete evidence against him (aka perhaps video from his workplace where the bodies were found?) or he just gave up. I don't know. I don't what to get too far into his sick mind.

I'm looking more at Scott Peterson who gave weird interviews, too, after the murders but never confessed to the murder of his wife and unborn baby. Then again, his motivation was to be with his girlfriend and there is no indication of a mistress with Watts, at least that authorities are releasing.

All of this, of course, is JMO.

I agree, MacDonald is more intelligent than CW, and that CW confessed rather quickly. That said, CW disposed of their bodies, and he gave interviews in an attempt to make himself appear to be a victim who had no idea what happened to his loved ones.

Because of the disposal of the bodies and the interviews, my thoughts are that he intended to get away with murder. Perhaps he confessed because he had some glimmer of a conscience, or perhaps he was presented with evidence that proved he did it. IDK .

ETA, I wasn't comparing CW to MacDonald, others were discussing it and I just posted MacDonald's Dick Cavett interview to show MacDonald's bizarre behavior in this interview, which is what made his in-laws suspect him.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone could even know this yet, but"

Gerard Courcy on Twitter
"
I've just learned the #ChrisWatts defense team will use the #Thrive defense to explain the murders of his pregnant wife & 2 daughters. Lots of caffeine and aspirin in these "weight loss" patches sold via #MLM. Compare to #TwinkieDefense #DanWhite case. @CaseWarriors @lordanarts"

Would expect the Defense to try this angle but as someone else said in the last thread. ( Stimulants in the ingredients obviously couldn't make anyone murder their entire family, even if there were side-effects and he's used enough of the supplements)

A list of the ingredients here
"Stimulants like:

Well, we knew it would come down to this, didn't we??

Anyone still interested in the CW interviews, Dr Jack Brown does a review thread here
Dr. Jack Brown on Twitter

( Best analysis I have seen so far. A "nonverbal and paralanguage analysis.)
some snippets out of the 20+ points he makes:

1. Only time he shows any grief tells - in response to the journalist saying, "... You're afraid people think you may have done something" "
he momentarily displays a mild grief expression The grief-sadness-empathy expression requires an elevated, central forehead contraction (CFC) - simultaneous with a mouth of sadness.

2. Absence of facial touching. "(When an empathetic person sees, hears, or is mentally digesting an event of high emotional impact) There are none, except for one head touch when he's anxious about the canine units scenting leads.

3. Defensive body language as we have all noted except for when he's talking about his T shirt and here..
CW:"I was blowing through stop lights" (2:10), this is an example of a machismo descriptor at an unusual time. His smiling and vocal tonality during this sentence were consistent with what would have been a much less important event.

Loads more analysis at the link

That was great. Very comprehensive and logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova